suggestions for dealing with sickly cat over weekend

quiet

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The cough? Hacking sound could be asthma. Honestly unless I missunderstood it sounds like a vaccine reaction to me. Do you know which vaccines were given?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He seems perkier, thank you. He scratched the heck out of my rug and I said 'good boy'! He is cleaning himself and temp is in the 101's. He is not drinking yet though, which may be to do with the subq. But he has eaten a little.

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@QUIET - he had feline distemper/calici/rhino vac and Rabies vac. They said they had considered a reaction to jabs, but reaction came 2 days later and not immediately. Interesting that you think that, I'm kind of inclined to agree. Have you heard of cats reacting to vaccines after 2 days?

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh plus he was micro chipped that day.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to agree with it being a reaction to the vaccination.  I would suggest never giving him that again. 

Glad he seems to be doing better and like you said, he's probably not drinking because of the sub-q fluids.  His appetite might be diminished slightly due to the sub-q fluids as well.

tashd

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all.....I really needed support over the weekend and you gave it to me....got me through....I hope that I can return the favor and pay it forward :)