Sugas been gone 4 months today:

Sugasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well my Sugar has been gone 4 months today. It is not getting any better at all!!! I still
cry everynight. Everything around the house reminds me of her!!! My other two cats
don't know how to do anything. Suga always talked to me. I can't get these to do
anything let alone talk to me.I don't know its just been the saddest 4 months I've
ever had in my life. Sometimes its too hard to just get out of bed!!! Please people I
need all the prayers I can get and so does my other two cats!!! Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to hold on to the fact that Suga loved life very much and though she had to go, she didn't want to. She would want you to treasure each and every day that is given to you, she lives on through you now and feels your pain. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow. She would never want you to hurt so bad because of her. Don't make her death more important than life, that can never be, that precious life meant so very much to you and filled your own life with love and happiness. She was in your life for a reason, and that reason was to show you how to open your heart and love. That love is spiritual, so eternal. The bond you built can NEVER be taken from you, not even by death. "Death cannot take that which never dies". Though you long with every fiber in your being to hold her once more, to see her, in fact she is always with you. Her soul is bonded to your own. She is now a beautiful part of your past, to be remembered as something good, not hurtful, something that was meant to be and though it hurts so very much now, so very much worth it.
Like a mother with several children, you can love again. Each love as different as a snowflake, but nonetheless a beautiful love. Each one adding to the other, helping each to grow and bloom, to flourish in your soul. Open your heart to another, to those little ones who are hurting too, and you will feel Suga again in your heart, stronger and growing through the years. gaining strength through your memories and the love you are sending her way.
Do not grieve for what you have lost, rejoice for what she gave you. Your world is shattered right now, a million pieces of your life are scattered and no matter how you put it back together there will always be a hole in it. This has to be filled. Only you can do it because only you loved her as much as you do. But it takes time, lots of time, even years to come with terms of loss and let that hole heal. You can help by helping others who grieve as much as you do, by leaning on those who have the strength to give and giving your own strength eventually. Because you know what loss feels like. Just as we do. We can help by letting you know you are not alone, we are here for you to lend you that strength. You will never get over this, you will somehow find the strength in that love you shared to get through it. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, send her those of love, not tears. Try not to dwell on her death, but let the everyday routine of life fill your days until you grow strong enough to seek life's gifts of happiness and joy once more. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. You would be horrified to know she was in such pain as you are now.
My heart goes out to you, my prayers are with your both. Let tomorrow be the start of the rest of your life, and let it be one of hope for the future and gratefulness for the past. Take care of yourself, you have those other little ones who need you, and miss you, they feel your pain too. .....RIP dear Sugar. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes so long to start to get over this, we all know how you feel right now and we know it is a horrible feeling. But with time is DOES get better, things look so very bleak for you right now but with time and love and prayers and help it does improve. It takes about 1.5 years before you feel you can handle it, so 4 months isn't a long way into it, but please hang in there the best that you can.

I have said it many times but it might help if you looked into Holy Basil to help you adapt to the stress naturally and Ignatia Amara which does the same for the grief and loss and shock and bad mood, they have worked wonders for me over the years.

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
so does my other two cats!
Try cat music for your two fur babies, as you know they are missing your other cat as well :rbheart: A anti-anxiety marshmallow bed or two might help them as well. Classical harp music or contemporary harp compilations are very relaxing for felines, and there is also youtube, and RelaxMyCat and MusicForCats.

This group is closing down on Nov 25th but as of now they are still available, and very good;
Day By Day Caregiver Support Inc. – Providing compassionate support for the grief that comes before, during and after the loss of a pet

This site isn't free but it's not expensive, (thank you daftcat75 daftcat75 )
Urgent Coping Skills for Pet Loss Grief

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sugar, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

di and bob di and bob got it just right. Sugar's death should not mean more than her life meant. And because sorrow has carved deep canyons in your heart, it is now capable of hold more joy than it did. Fill them with the joy of know Sugar, for now. Other joys will come later. What I do know to the depths of my being is that love never dies, it only changes form and carries on, still Love. Sugar's love for you has been translated and purified into Love. She sends it back to you to comfort you, and it will never leave. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Someday, in the fullness of time, that Love will lead you back to her once more. But until that day, honor her life with joy.

THAT SAID...four months is not long at all. This will come. Grief is natural, has its place, and takes as long as it takes. And remember, your other two cats have also lost a family member. Don't expect them to fill that void, but do try to appreciate them for the individual little souls that they are. Let them comfort you in their ways, they cannot do it in Sugar's way.

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That picture of Suga says WAY more than a thousand words. Such a beautiful, sweet girl!