Suddenly Unable To Post Photos?

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For a few weeks now I've been unable to attach photos from my desktop computer onto the site (I use a Mac if that helps). I often get an error message saying that I used the wrong file type or that the file is too big. I've tried using borders to crop the size but alas, still no luck. Could someone help me fix this? I have quite a few photos I'd like to share!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you both - and apologies for the late response, I hadn't been able to access TCS in a couple of days.
I tried resizing them but with not much luck. I'll try again though and see if I have more success.

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you both - and apologies for the late response, I hadn't been able to access TCS in a couple of days.
I tried resizing them but with not much luck. I'll try again though and see if I have more success.
Please make sure the format of the photo is a .jpg or .png before uploading after you resize it. TCS only accepts certain formats for security purposes. Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please make sure the format of the photo is a .jpg or .png before uploading after you resize it. TCS only accepts certain formats for security purposes. Thanks!
Thank you for the information. Would I do that by going about as normal by taking a photo from my camera roll and copying it onto the site? Sorry if I sound quite tech ignorant - that's because I mostly am, haha!

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Canon automatically downloads images with IMG_xxxx names. Why is that unsafe and what can I do to make them JPG?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Canon automatically downloads images with IMG_xxxx names. Why is that unsafe and what can I do to make them JPG?
IMGXXX is the name of the file. .jpg, etc refers to the format. A typical Canon photo could be IMG2345.jpg

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Are you using "upload a file" or clicking on the picture icon?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'mean having the same problem, but with only one particular shot. I'm using a Canon ELPH camera, and transferring the card to my tablet. The error message says the file is too large, but only with that one shot. I have since successfully uploaded several other images, all from the same source, using the same method. Any ideas?

HellaSteph

Unicorn Seeker
Super Cat
Purraise
I'mean having the same problem, but with only one particular shot. I'm using a Canon ELPH camera, and transferring the card to my tablet. The error message says the file is too large, but only with that one shot. I have since successfully uploaded several other images, all from the same source, using the same method. Any ideas?
This sounds isolated to that single image. I would recommend trying to re-save the image to a different file type and going from there. Usually, when you "Save as..." or "Import as..." a new file, it fixes any issues and resizes it appropriately.