suddenly refusing raw food

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think maybe the recipe changed slightly or this batch is off? My two young adult cats have been eating mostly raw food for the past few months, I buy a two weeks supply at a time. . .well, this last batch I brought home they will not touch. Not take a single bite. :( Not only is that $50, but they won't eat much canned food either, so now all they will eat is dry food and I don't want that to be their whole diet! Ugh.

It's a local company,it comes in frozen pellets. .. I'm going to call them Monday, but I just wondered if anyone has had this happen. This has been the only raw food they will eat and it was going great till this. I don't know what changed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can detect subtle changes in food. The supplier of the protein may have changed or it may be the same supplier but the animals were fed a different diet and the meat now tastes "yucky". Freezer burn could also affect how the food tastes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cats can detect subtle changes in food. The supplier of the protein may have changed or it may be the same supplier but the animals were fed a different diet and the meat now tastes "yucky". Freezer burn could also affect how the food tastes.
Yeah I’m thinking something about he good changed. I’m just frustrated, they haven’t liked any other type of raw food. I don’t want to keep wasting money on it if they won’t eat it. Ugh.
it was fine for months!!! I’ll see what the company says on Monday.

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That’s sooo frustrating!
Maybe top it or mix it with some crushed treats or other food they like to get them to eat it....