Suddenly nice

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 4 year old cat name spice and he was never affectionate until recently this year. He hates being picked up and if you come to him and pet him he’ll ignore you but he suddenly is singing a different tune. He’s always cuddling and loves affection. I love that he is being affectionate finally but it’s so sudden that it raises some questions. If anyone has some advice I would greatly appreciate it! (^ ^) CEB6A9CA-E3AA-4A4D-9153-6EB022262424.jpeg

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, he's certainly a handsome young man, isn't he? I'm with maggie101 maggie101 . I'm inclined to think this is just him reaching a new level of maturity. Keep an eye on him. If he continues to eat, drink, sleep, play and use his box normally, relax and enjoy this phase of your new, closer relationship!

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do seem to become more affectionate as they age. I have a three year-old. She'd never been one to be cuddled. She'd fuss and bite to get away. Now, she routinely wants to sit with me and comes up for cuddles when I'm in bed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They do seem to become more affectionate as they age. I have a three year-old. She'd never been one to be cuddled. She'd fuss and bite to get away. Now, she routinely wants to sit with me and comes up for cuddles when I'm in bed.
Yeah I have noticed that, it’s always nice and I love it so much especially sense I love cuddling and have always wanted a pet to cuddle with 🥰 I’ve pretty much raised him sense he was a kitten and I’m just happy he’s he seems happier the older he gets. 🤍

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, he's certainly a handsome young man, isn't he? I'm with maggie101 maggie101 . I'm inclined to think this is just him reaching a new level of maturity. Keep an eye on him. If he continues to eat, drink, sleep, play and use his box normally, relax and enjoy this phase of your new, closer relationship!
Thank you so much! Raising him to be the handsome little man he is today has brought me so much joy and I’m just happy that he seems happier the older he gets. I’ll definitely keep an eye on him and update you guys about him. Although he isn’t the kind of cat that likes to play he does once and a while but he mostly sleeps and eats haha 😂 but I try to get him outside for exercise. I’m definitely going to enjoy this phase of our relationship 🥰🤍🤍

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As cats get older,they're more affectionate. Especially if you have suddenly started working longer hours so you are away from him more. There could also be medical reason.
Thank you so much ☺ I’ll definitely keep your advice in mind. I’ll keep an eye on him. He recently got over a UTI so we’ve been giving him wet food to help specifically for that and ever sense then he’s become a lovable ball of fluff and purring 🥰🤍 Going thought that rough patch has made it so I am definitely watching what he eats and how he does his business and I’m just so happy with the results that he’s not in pain anymore. It always broke my heart seeing him in so much pain 😔💔

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I imagine that he was always a happy boy, just a typical kid, teen and young man...places to go, things to do, no time for cuddles. Now that he's settling into full adulthood, he's realized the advantages of warm, soft touches in all the right places.

And yes, sick cats (and other animals) and infants are the worst. You can't explain to them what is wrong, and that it will get better...all you can do is try to comfort them as they go though it, and that NEVER seems like enough, does it? I'm so happy that he's himself again!

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, I imagine that he was always a happy boy, just a typical kid, teen and young man...places to go, things to do, no time for cuddles. Now that he's settling into full adulthood, he's realized the advantages of warm, soft touches in all the right places.

And yes, sick cats (and other animals) and infants are the worst. You can't explain to them what is wrong, and that it will get better...all you can do is try to comfort them as they go though it, and that NEVER seems like enough, does it? I'm so happy that he's himself again!
PREECH! It feels like you’re an extension of my soul telling the world what I’m thinking 😂😎 of course he went through his rebellious phase maybe a little longer than most people but he came around after awhile and after a few hardships but that’s how it usually is. I try to shower him with love but he only likes giving love and joy receiving it unless it’s scratchies haha 😂 I just wish I knew he knew I love him so much 🥰

Gigi_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PREECH! It feels like you’re an extension of my soul telling the world what I’m thinking 😂😎 of course he went through his rebellious phase maybe a little longer than most people but he came around after awhile and after a few hardships but that’s how it usually is. I try to shower him with love but he only likes giving love and joy receiving it unless it’s scratchies haha 😂 I just wish I knew he knew I love him so much 🥰
Not receiving* haha auto correct

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know he knows. Cats soak up our energy, and one of the strongest energies we have is love. How could he NOT know!