Suddenly Change In Behavior (aggressiveness, Panting, Etc..)

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 9 months old cat has been acting strange:
1. He started gagging, or more like "choking' after a quick game of catch. I honestly don't know if this occurred due to a hairball, just tired, or he might even have asthma?!
2. Been aggressive lately. He bites me for no utter reason at all. I play with him for about 10 - 20 minutes a day, and feed him enough amounts of food and water. He bites me for no reasons at all, and he is the only cat in the household.
3. Panting. He has been panting recently, and I can't figure out why. I give him water to drink, but he refuses to drink it.
Any ideas of how I can fix these problems or why he's acting this way?
Thanks a lot

Sararainmaker

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't mean to scare you, however, it sounds like your cat is in quite a bit of pain.

Panting (open mouth breathing) is bad, and if this is what he is doing than you should have it checked out immediately, ESPECIALLY if he isn't drinking water. Check his gums, if they are white or not pink, he needs to see a vet (emergency clinic) IMMEDIATELY because it's very likely that he is in respiratory distress and/or likely severely dehydrated.

If he is just breathing quickly, mouth closed, this is something cats do when they are in pain, still a reason to see a vet, however if he is acting normal other than being a bit cranky it can (probably) wait till the morning. ♥

I hope your baby is feeling better soon. ♥