Sudden Butt licking with growling

schmidtstain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a sweet cat who is 3 and has never had a growling problem (except when he's meeting new cats)
Today I got home late and he used the litterbox and brought a little turd out with him, I thought he just batted it out but it was still warm when I picked it up so I'm sure it came out with him.
He started licking his butt almost immediately, like barely 3 steps away from the litterbox, just far enough that he could get onto the carpet. He was growling; and when he stopped, he would walk like the way dogs do when they drag their butt on the carpet, but not all the way down. He's super grumpy now and has just been licking for like 5 minutes and if I try to stop him, he yells at me.
Any suggestions on what this might be? He hasn't hunted since late September so I don't think it's worms, should I take him to the vet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

schmidtstain

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive found a blade of grass sticking out of his butt hole and now hes even more pissed at me, IDK what to do

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would take him to a vet. If he had grass in his poop, then he has outside access and may have picked up worms.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, did you go to a vet? How are things now? (You didn't pull on the blade of grass?)

Tigger's Mum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he could have blocked anal glands but best take him to the vet who can deal with the problem, also the vet can give you good worm medication for him especially if he is an indoor/outdoor cat.