Sudden behavior change in 4 month old kitten

Raha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My kitten is 4 months and since yesterday he's been crazy active and acting like he's starving.
He's been on playmode the entire time and is scratching and jumping on stuff when he sees that his food bowl has no food in it. (He has scheduled meal timings and I usually keep the bowl in the very spot he eats in). I play with him for 30-40 minutes a day.
Is this normal behavior? I'm asking because it's really sudden. It's been only a few weeks since I've adopted him and will get his first vaccination soon.

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its sounds like he has finally settled in, and is ready to start being a crazy kitten! Since he is a kitten and still growing, feel free to increase the amount you are feeding him, if he will eat more. Other than that I wouldn't be concerned, my 4 month old tears around the house like he's on fire all the time too.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say you don't need to worry about overfeeding a kitten until I think its 6 months? So if the bowl is empty and he is acting hungry, you can just feed him. Of course, to not encouraging food begging it might be better to just add another regularly scheduled feeding time. Kittens have small stomachs and more feeding times are needed than with adult cats.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens grow in spurts and may be ravenously hungry when it’s happening. While wet food should be provided three or so times a day, he needs to also have a bowl of kibble available around the clock.