Such A Picky Eater!

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Petal is 17 now. She has 3 different types of dry food she was eating. Suddenly yesterday she would not eat any of the 3! She would just go and sniff it. I gave her some Royal Canin treats, which she ate, and some deli ham, which she also ate. She seemed hungry, but just sniffed. Today I have added a fourth type of dry food. I gave her a little bit and she ate it all up and licked the bowl! I have to put it in a grinder to grind it, or she will puke because she eats without chewing. Do they just get bored? I have posted before about her. She will not eat wet food no matter what I try.

Now my entire freezer is filled with 4 different types of cat kibble. Good thing is, she is eating the new food. Sigh!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know. this is a new one on me :headscratch:. I've heard of them getting bored with the same canned food, but not with kibble because it's supposedly sprayed with flavorful "kitty krack" so they'll eat it. Is the new food from the same manufacturer? Is it a completely different protein? I guess you should just be grateful you found one she'll eat, and hopefully she'll go back to the old standby's soon enough. You might even mix some of them into the new food right away to prevent any tummy upset and hope shell eat it mixed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a unique girl! The new food is by Purina with chicken as the protein, the old favourite is by Hill’s also with chicken as the protein (expensive —- bought from the vet’s!). I guess there is chicken, then there is chicken!

You are right — I’ll try to mix some of the old into the new so as to prevent The Puke. Thanks for your suggestions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat Grrl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankfully she is eating the new dry food. She will graze the ”formerly fav” dry when the new dry runs out in her bowl. She really scares me when she turns her cat nose up at a food. I have to watch her so carefully. She is also on Cerenia every 3 days for puking and gets a stool softener every day.