Successful introduction

amandalynnxo92

The Cat Hoarder
Young Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to come on here and thank everyone for their constant support and advice.
After several supervised visits with my two 2 month old kittens, today is the day they finally learned each others preferred play habits and actually slept together/groomed each other. Which I think means “hey kid you’re alright” in cat language.
My resident boy, the grey one, Tommy is quite rough on the new guy Oliver. Oliver didn’t really know how to handle this as he was used to gentle play back with his litter mates. Now, my bf and I think that Tommy was either taken away from his litter too soon or just didn’t have one at all. Regardless, he had a lot and still has a lot of learning to do. I think they’re both good for each other. Oliver teaches Tommy boundaries and Tommy is helping Oliver adjust and trust our household.
And man what an improvement they’ve had since they were first introduced Saturday morning.
I’m still a little nervous leaving them totally alone together unsupervised while my bf and I are at work. If all goes well tonight, I might leave them alone while I’m at work and then check on them during my lunch break. Should only be about 4 hours of alone unsupervised time.
Thoughts?

*pictures because I’m so proud of my boys*

Attachments

Grinchy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is great. This site has helped my with my introductions, too. Everyone was so kind, helpful and supportive.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Excellent news! :redheartpump: How's it going now? Have you left them together on their own yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandalynnxo92

The Cat Hoarder
Young Cat
Purraise
Excellent news! :redheartpump: How's it going now? Have you left them together on their own yet?
It's going great now!! I've left them alone now and check on them when I can on my breaks at work! They play nicely, eat, go potty and sleep together!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
They look to be 100% friends now. No matter how rough they play or make each other scream, they are buddies just having a good time. I wouldn’t worry about leaving them together unsupervised.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandalynnxo92

The Cat Hoarder
Young Cat
Purraise
Whether it's on my breaks or coming home from work, I always find them snuggled up together. :loveeyes: Yall really don't know how worried I was for these two, praying I didn't make a mistake getting my resident kitten a friend but I'm SO glad I did. (And so is my sleep schedule now that he has a buddy to mess around with at all hours of the night).