Substitute For Nutro Max Cat?

lmcginley002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! So apparently Nutro brand is discontinuing their Max Cat line of wet food, and will only be making their perfect portions line. I just switched my cat over to wet (I leave some dry out but very little), and of course this was the only brand she really enjoyed and I could feel comfortable affording to feed twice a day ‍♀

Does anyone have suggestions on what other wet food I could try? I currently buy Max Cat in chicken supreme, duck, and turkey and chicken liver. She prefers poultry to fish flavors and I think the biggest thing is texture, she loves the big chunks in sauce and she refuses pate. Doesn't look like the perfect portions will have a chunks option. She is one year old and weighs 10lbs. I usually leave 1/4 cup of dry out for her to pick at and feed 1 to 2 3oz cans of this wet food. She is super active and eats quite slowly most of the time. I'd like the food to be under $1 per can.
This is a link to the food if unfamiliar
https://www.chewy.com/nutro-max-adult-chicken-supreme/dp/33562

And this is Nyx, the picky kitten
0521191600a_HDR.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmcginley002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the link, lots of very interesting information there. I don't feed her grain free, Nutro Max has wheat in it, and she doesn't seem to have any sensitivities *knock on wood! Looks like a lot of pates were suggested on that thread which unfortunately she won't eat.

I'm looking for a high quality, poultry chunks in sauce wet food that won't break the bank.

yeva2292

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've tried Chewy's Tiny Tiger brand with my cat as a Max Cat replacement. The textures are very similar - Tiny Tiger chunks are a little smaller. She does like it, maybe not as much as Max Cat, but then again, Max Cat is her absolute favorite food in the world. Tiny Tiger is a very affordable food.

Try their Tiny Tiger Chunks in EXTRA Gravy Chicken Recipe and Tiny Tiger Chunks in Gravy Chicken Recipe. They have turkey and other flavors as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmcginley002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried Chewy's Tiny Tiger brand with my cat as a Max Cat replacement. The textures are very similar - Tiny Tiger chunks are a little smaller. She does like it, maybe not as much as Max Cat, but then again, Max Cat is her absolute favorite food in the world. Tiny Tiger is a very affordable food.

Try their Tiny Tiger Chunks in EXTRA Gravy Chicken Recipe and Tiny Tiger Chunks in Gravy Chicken Recipe. They have turkey and other flavors as well.
Thank you so much!! I will give it a try :)