stupid question but here goes-my cat is eating weirdly

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hope everyone is well
My cat has lately taken to removing food from her bowl,taking it to another location and once setting it down, eating it.
I thought it was to do with the kittens.They have seperate bowls and are now in seperate rooms for their dinner.
Any idea why she is doing this still?
Has it become a habit?
How do I stop her doing this as obviously its not very pleasent or hygenic.
Thx

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chromodactyl

Hope everyone is well
My cat has lately taken to removing food from her bowl,taking it to another location and once setting it down, eating it.
I thought it was to do with the kittens.They have seperate bowls and are now in seperate rooms for their dinner.
Any idea why she is doing this still?
Has it become a habit?
How do I stop her doing this as obviously its not very pleasent or hygenic.
Thx
Our Doc does a similar thing w/ treats on occasion. He'll grab the treat in his mouth, climb down the post or couch or wherever, take a walk somewhere, put it down and then eat it. It's weird...it only happens every now and then. He takes his meals side-by-side with our other cat Munchie, no prob. (Sometimes they'll switch bowls part way through, even though they're both eating the same food...again, weird!) No travelling except w/ the occasional treat! (Doc just glared at me, like, "Why are you airing in public my treat habits!"
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
its so frustrating and there is bits of cat food all over the floor.
Besides it cant be fun for her eating off floor and constantly having to travel for the food-something is obviously disturbing her

kellyjadeca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat once did that. He did it for attention. Sit down with him for 5 mins when he eats it might change the habbit.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three cats and they have three different eating styles. I don't think anything's wrong with your cat, chromodactyl, I just think that's the way your cat likes to eat. You might try kellyjadeca's suggestion, that might work.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by coaster

I have three cats and they have three different eating styles. I don't think anything's wrong with your cat, chromodactyl, I just think that's the way your cat likes to eat. You might try kellyjadeca's suggestion, that might work.
I will try at next feeding time but thing is she never used to do this

It is a bit unpleasent if it is meat or wet food

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you changed the bowls or anything recently?

For the wet food, you might try a flat plate. Typically they don't like having to get down inside the bowl for wet food...they don't like having their whiskers touch the bowl and the food.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
bowls are the same but they are bowls
so I will try a flat plate then for wet food?!