Study Finds (gasp) Cats Like Their Owners

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of these studies are so stupid. "Studies show that oxygen helps prevent death." "Studies show the #1 cause of death is dying." "Studies show that wearing clothes in public helps lower the probability of being arrested." etc. etc.
People will watch things like the Dog Whisperer for hours to understand their dog but won't spare 20 minutes to watch an episode of Jackson Galaxy to help understand their cat. :dunno:
No, no, @1 bruce 1! It's like "Life causes death in 100% of cases." Now prove me wrong. :insertevillaugh::think:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, no, @1 bruce 1! It's like "Life causes death in 100% of cases." Now prove me wrong. :insertevillaugh::think:
Reminds me of my best friend Tommy (a.k.a. "T-Bone") whose family ran the surf shop for 35 years, whenever the topic arose in conversation he would always chime in with this line:

"MARRIAGE IS THE LEADING CAUSE OF DIVORCE!!!" :flail:

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
Them wiping saliva on me was more than enough conformation. Is there any greater expression of love?

It's like when you have food and you don't want someone to eat your food so you sneeze/spit/whatever in it to mark it as yours.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, it is! Times three, in my case :sigh:
Definition of a confirmed bachelor: a man who never makes the same mistake ONCE!!! :flail:

I've shacked up a few times, but marriage is a big commitment and I always had a lot going on in life... I also hail from a broken home, so that probably had something to do with it. I look at modern American women, many of 'em fully programmed by that globalist propaganda out of Hollywood, and I reckon marriage just isn't in the cards for me. I still admire traditional families with strong values & ethics, though I don't see as many of these families nowadays, all the couples I used to know who stayed married for decades are long gone. :frown:

When I lived in Coronado, we had two neighbor(ing) couples who had been married for over 50 years, one family was military and the other was simply "old school." As members of "The Greatest Generation" die out, so traditional American values go the way of the dinosaur. A sad reality, and a sad reflection upon modern society... I prefer the traditional way of life, not this jacked-up "One World Order" B.S. being slung by traitorous & self-serving scumbag politicians who are all bought & sold like so many branded & ear-tagged cattle. :cloudy:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definition of a confirmed bachelor: a man who never makes the same mistake ONCE!!! :flail:

I've shacked up a few times, but marriage is a big commitment and I always had a lot going on in life... I also hail from a broken home, so that probably had something to do with it. I look at modern American women, many of 'em fully programmed by that globalist propaganda out of Hollywood, and I reckon marriage just isn't in the cards for me. I still admire traditional families with strong values & ethics, though I don't see as many of these families nowadays, all the couples I used to know who stayed married for decades are long gone. When I lived in Coronado, we had two neighbor(ing) couples who had been married for over 50 years, one family was military and the other was simply "old school." As members of "The Greatest Generation" die out, so traditional American values go the way of the dinosaur. A sad reality, and a sad reflection upon modern society... I prefer the traditional way of life, not this jacked-up "One World Order" B.S. being slung by traitorous & self-serving scumbag politicians who are all bought & sold like so many branded & ear-tagged cattle. :cloudy:
In the rest of the world and among people of cultures other than "western", there are still many people who stay married. Can't say whether or not they're happy--that's an individual thing, and besides, what is "happy"? :think: My oldest and dearest friend chose one of two boys she met, and they are still married, though I've never known how they feel about one another as they don't do PDA's or gush about it (or fight in public). They have built a good life and seem to have what they need, in terms of necessities and of the relationship, so I'd call it a success, from the outside looking in, anyway. It was marriage #3 for my dad and #2 for my mom. His folks stayed married, hers divorced and her mom remarried.
Wherever people live/are from, I strongly believe we need to be taught from birth onward what CARING, COMPASSION, KINDNESS and MUTUAL RESPECT are. It's the only way we have a good base to build our own lives on. My parents had their ups and downs, but they stayed married, and I credit them and that for my own feeling of having been raised right. I've sure made my share of bad decisions, but bottom line, I know I was loved, and that informs my life to this day.

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wherever people live/are from, I strongly believe we need to be taught from birth onward what CARING, COMPASSION, KINDNESS and MUTUAL RESPECT are...
Yes, perhaps then the globalist-sanctioned bashing of conservative white males will stop... but I'm not holding my breath. :flail:

Meh, I still receive unconditional love from my kittehs, which is more than I can say of most humans, 10-4? :confused:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, perhaps then the globalist-sanctioned bashing of conservative white males will stop... but I'm not holding my breath. :flail:

Meh, I still receive unconditional love from my kittehs, which is more than I can say of most humans, 10-4? :confused:
Affirmative! Same here. Kittoons are best. That's just all there is to it.

Serenityinaz12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe they are shocked because some of the other studies say things like they don’t bond to humans. Mind you, the studies that showed they don’t tended to have ridiculous settings for the research and conclusions.

From my experience if you actually do things to bond with your cat they become super bonded and attached to you and really adore you. Now, if you just pay them no mind at all then they may seem like aloof animals. All these studies tend to be inaccurate because they don’t involve bonding activities or the time for a deep bond to develop.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they are shocked because some of the other studies say things like they don’t bond to humans. Mind you, the studies that showed they don’t tended to have ridiculous settings for the research and conclusions.

From my experience if you actually do things to bond with your cat they become super bonded and attached to you and really adore you. Now, if you just pay them no mind at all then they may seem like aloof animals. All these studies tend to be inaccurate because they don’t involve bonding activities or the time for a deep bond to develop.
Yeah. Cats being MAMMALS, they are hard-wired to care for their offspring and by association, others who do them good. That would include kind, loving humans! and other cats, and members of other species who are friendly. It's kind of :doh2: to me, having been born into a family "with cat" but there are some astoundingly ignorant and just plain stupid people out there. :gaah:

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think images say it best

Makena loves his mum

Napping

Talking to mum

Helping mum with a puzzle

LOVE naps with mum

Resting on my shoulder at the end of a long hike

Makena has actually fallen asleep on my shoulder several times coming home from long hikes - especially in cool weather

Snuggled up to my arm at sunrise

Staying near me when I was ill

My wife wakes up from a nap... Makena, June Bug and Lilia all love being near her

Makena and I having an argument

Never had a doubt that our cats love us.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think images say it best

Makena loves his mum

Napping

Talking to mum

Helping mum with a puzzle

LOVE naps with mum

Resting on my shoulder at the end of a long hike

Makena has actually fallen asleep on my shoulder several times coming home from long hikes - especially in cool weather

Snuggled up to my arm at sunrise

Staying near me when I was ill

My wife wakes up from a nap... Makena, June Bug and Lilia all love being near her

Makena and I having an argument

Never had a doubt that our cats love us.
*Beautiful pix, bengalcatman bengalcatman and such a beautiful CAT!*;)

quietdumpling

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think the problem is that humans tend to think no other species on the planet (other than humans and their pet dogs) has any feelings or sense of attachment . Yet just this morning I saw an article about a diver and a fish who is attached to him who comes out to greet him and allows the diver to kiss it. We must stop thinking that we are the only beings on earth who can feel pain, fear, affection, etc., etc. (And by "we," I don't mean the users on this site! I know how much we care :))

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the problem is that humans tend to think no other species on the planet (other than humans and their pet dogs) has any feelings or sense of attachment . Yet just this morning I saw an article about a diver and a fish who is attached to him who comes out to greet him and allows the diver to kiss it. We must stop thinking that we are the only beings on earth who can feel pain, fear, affection, etc., etc. (And by "we," I don't mean the users on this site! I know how much we care :))
Not everyone, and not everywhere, though. I think dogs are vermin.