Struggling With Play Time

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww. she is!! Yes, growling could trigger her. I know, the unknowns. Kinda have to be there and see it really. Yes, agreed. It doesn't seem to "match". :/

Agreed. "Bloodied" Yikes. :( Awwwwwwwww. :)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! HOW CRUEL!!!! I just do not understand some "people". ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh great!! I am sure you did well. Enjoy the time off!! Great everything is figured out!!! Awwwww, thank you. Well, I have moved on. :) I don't need it so I'll just finish up the current things and keep in touch with you. :)

Well, we always have worries (and bills!!!). :/ But we can handle it if we keep trying to make progress and never give up!!! :) You'll be fine. :)

Enjoy your break!!!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot something. I think you will find this interesting.

So my ferals like squirrels. Not to eat but to watch, etc. Well, a few squirrels like to eat the cat food (yes, high protein, grain free - go figure). The squirrels tend to wait for the cats to eat then they go to eat. Well, the other day a squirrel came up to the bowl while the cats were eating. CRAZY!!!!! AND the cats were ok, ate then left.

I don't get it. If I was that squirrel I would not being doing that. And why do cats like cat food?????????

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's my fear. And if Stella snapped at her. Stella doesn't bite, but she does air snap. Brindy is so great though. I just don't understand these issues she's had. She's so sweet and playful and affectionate. She likes to carry her toys with her and play.

Yeah, it seems scary. She needs some serious help before her dogs do some serious damage to each other or she ends up bit. She cannot get bit by her dog and end up surrendering him after that.

I know. :( It's so irritating and heartbreaking. If they had just surrendered them to a shelter in the first place, maybe all the puppies would have lived. Or if they had just been decent human beings then maybe the puppies wouldn't have been born in the first place to take up more spots in a rescue.

Well, I got 100% on my final project for school. The week is going by too fast! Good. I wouldn't get too hung up on it. We can't please everyone, after all. There will always be some people who are just determined to not like us or cause trouble.

Indeed. It's just annoying that it can't be handled any quicker. You'd think with today's technology it could be done quickly, but for some reason they're still mailing everything!

Oh, wow. That is interesting! Well, maybe not too surprising though? Animals are smart. The squirrels have probably figured out that the cats aren't going to put in the effort of hunting them when they've just ate or have an easier meal. It would be a waste of energy for the cats to hunt the squirrels when they have a meal that requires less energy and if they have plenty then they don't need to worry about losing a little bit of it. It is interesting. Shows how smart squirrels really are. They must know something about cat behavior (or predator behavior in general) to know there's relatively little risk involved.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. :/ Can be misinterpreted sadly. :/ By ANY dog. Awwwwwwwwwwww. She sounds wonderful!!

Yes :(

It really is. :( Yes :( Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WOW!! GREAT job!!!! :clap2: Sorry the week is going by so quickly. It usually does when we don't want it to. :( Agreed. :/

AGREED!!! Yep. A lot of stuff is done the old way. :/

Yes. They are smart but still, what about instinct? Well, my ferals do hunt as well (some more than others). They still like the taste of "fresh" prey. :( They really are smart or either really foolish!!! So far so good. And maybe they are friends and I don't know it. I don't know, I am still shocked. They must know. And of course, a lot of squirrels do not do that. I wish I could tell how may like to be close. :/ But they all look alike to me!!!! I hope they stay friends!!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's a bit concerning for me. She really is great though. She took her toy for our walk yesterday and carried it the whole time and then tried to instigate play with me. Made me feel terrible because we're supposed to only walk the heartworm positive dogs, but I couldn't handle it. I played with her a little.

Apparently, the neighbor actually did take some of my advice and seems to be doing better. I still think she should've gotten a trainer, but I guess that's better than nothing.

It does suck. I've been following one specific dog at that rescue for the double merles. An older puppy, looks like a shepherd-y type. Double merle, of course, deaf and blind. They found him on the streets as a little puppy and haven't had any luck getting him a home. Another one that was likely abandoned due to being a double merle. He seems like such a good dog though.

Yep. Started my new term at school. It's about climate change. It's interesting, but already overwhelming. I feel like I've done almost nothing but work on school today and yet it doesn't seem like I've made a dent in this week's work. :ohwell:

I try not to be obsessed with things being done faster and faster, but in this situation it is a bit frustrating that it takes so long. Fortunately, the college did get the check, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Well, instinct only gets an animal so far. They also have to be able to adapt. If they don't adapt, they don't survive. Instinct can fade. Young animals are often extremely jumpy and/or defensive, but they learn over time what is and isn't a threat. The same will happen over their lifetime as well though less often and possibly at a slower rate. The squirrels must have been watching and testing things for a while. They know when there's easy food or if the cats just ate then they're far less likely to expend the energy hunting. And if one squirrel is brave enough to do it, the others will see that and start doing it as well. We'd actually learned about animals learning in such manners in my last term. I'd say they're probably not friends, but it may be a mutual relationship. Leftover food could attract more dangerous animals that squirrels, so the cats may prefer they be the ones eating anything left.

Osiris was having some issues with his ear. His ears are always filthy, but none of our cleaning was helping him. It got really bad, to the point that last night he'd barely let us touch it. Then he'd be scratching and digging at it while whimpering and yelping. So I got him in the vet today. He has the very beginnings of a yeast infection. He's now going to get Prednisone for a few days and then be on some ear drops for a little while. We're not sure if it's allergies, from living in a dusty environment (we do live by a quarry), or something else.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Awwwwwwwwwwwww. She is so sweet. In the right home she will be great I think. Adorable!!!

GREAT!! Yes, agreed but not everyone can or will. As long as it is better that is great.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. :/ So sad.

Oh my!!! Well, the subject is REALLY COMPLEX!!! Not easy stuff. :/ But good for the mind. Hang in there, to much work is not good but it might be a way to try to "weed out" people. It ight be one of "those" classes. Just focus, do your best and keep at it. I KNOW you will do great!!! :)

That is good. Yes, frustrating. :/ Good, at least it is one less thing to worry about!!! :)

Very interesting. Makes sense. Interesting you studied that!!! VERY interesting!!! Are you surprised the squirrels like protein? Meat? And not nuts, etc? I wonder if it is even good or ok for them to eat? It is interesting whatever they have between them!! Respect? An understanding? Fascinating. Yes, totally agree on leftover food. I actually do remove it since we do get coyotes. But I will leave it for the squirrels. The opossum comes as well so if I see them I will leave it for them. And the opossums tend to watch. The cats like the opossums. I often feed them all chicken. BUT I have to be careful when the cats keep looking in the trees or bushes etc as coyotes might be there instead of opossums or squirrels etc. And time of day helps me know. I try not to feed the cats at dusk or when dark BUT they want to eat then. So it is a bit dangerous. :/ But I just can't shift they eating habits. :(

Poor guy. :( With his ears up it should help BUT dirt, dust etc can get in there easier. :/ Could be allergies as well. Might want to consider the allergy shot if the vet thinks that is something that might work. With animals it always is something. :/ Hopefully it clears up and doesn't come back.

Never a dull moment, huh? :/

Hang in there!!! You will get through it all!!! :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so great. I don't think I've gotten so attached to a dog yet, but once she opens up she's hard to not love. She's so funny and sweet. Just a really, really good dog with a good level of energy and goofiness and affection. She's just an anxious girl though.

No, not everyone will. I can't say too much since I could use a trainer too, but my dog has cost me thousands of dollars already. Even a couple of sessions to see what a trainer has to say could be helpful though.

It is. :( They got him when he was little and now he's almost grown.

It is complex. Very science-y. A bit math-y too. I hope I don't need to do that math! It's good to know and makes sense they require it since it's an environmental school. I just don't tend to do well with that really in-depth, complicated science stuff. I like the parts I understand, but most of it is just beyond me.

Yes, one thing down.

Well, I am getting a degree about animal behavior. So far, we haven't gone too in-depth on nutrition though, so I'm no expert on that topic. Nuts tend to be high in protein though, so that may be something squirrels need. From what little reading I did, squirrels aren't picky eaters and will eat just about anything, including possibly raiding bird's nests when desperate. However, cat food isn't the greatest diet for them and they should favor nuts or seeds. It may be worth offering them some seeds or nuts just to balance their diet out a bit. I don't think a little cat food is going to hurt them, but if it's the same ones eating it constantly then that might not be healthy.

His ears are a dirt magnet. Stella's don't get nearly as dirty. The vet said we could try Claritin. It may or may not help. With these animals it really is always something!

No, not in this household.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I never saw this. :(

I was going to message you. I have a white squirrel in my yard now!!! Exciting!!!

Awwwwwwwww. Wonderful!!! Hopefully in time she calms. Really special given she won you over so fully!! :)

Yes. Well, we all can probably use a trainer at times but....................... Yes. I have been there. :/ True, it probably rarely hurts to have one.

Yes. :(

Wow. Well, I am sure you can either do the math or learn it. Yes, good to know. Well, you can do it, be good with the complicated science stuff if you want. You have the intelligence to. At the beginning a lot of it feels beyond us but with effort it all falls into place in time. You can do it!!

YES!! :hyper: :clap2:

Interesting they aren't "picky". I wish I knew if it is the same squirrel. I suspect it is. They are not desperate because there are a lot of seeds, etc. I do see squirrels with fruit as well at times. I thought about offering food for them but I am worried the cats will hunt them. :( Maybe I should remove the cat food right away. :/ But the squirrel seems to like it so much. :( I don't know.

Yes, I have had dogs like that. :( Yes, ALWAYS something!!! :(

:/ Nope. Here either....................................... But the positives way outweigh the negatives here.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that's alright. It's been busy anyway.

Oh wow! I'm so jealous! I'd like to come over and take some pictures! ;) I'd take pictures of the cats, too, of course.

Brindy was adopted and returned. :( She bit the adopters' grandson. It was a stupid situation. They didn't have her two days. Left her alone in a room with their 9-year-old grandson. He apparently went to pet her while she was laying on the couch and she bit him right under the eye. But we don't know the whole situation because they weren't there, so they didn't see it happen. Brindy is a very, very anxious dog. She needs the house to be kept very calm and quiet, definitely no kids around for a while and definitely not left alone with one. Kids shouldn't be left with any dog. So now she's on 10-day bite quarantine and has a bite history, albeit not a bad one, because people were stupid. Though I will admit she apparently has more of a history of being snappy than I realized...

Yes, probably. I don't think a trainer is ever a bad idea. I know even experienced people who have had and trained dogs for years will still often go to trainers and attend group classes with their puppies.

Ha. No thanks on the math. I hate math. I don't think we'll need it though. I think this class is more about making us aware of climate change and prepping us to be advocates for stopping it rather than making us into scientists studying it, so the math isn't really necessary. It is interesting and I do like it, but it can be overwhelming. There's so much I have to do.

Well, you're kind of already feeding the squirrels, so I wouldn't too much about that. I don't think you're going to kill them by letting them have the cat food though you might save some money by taking it from them! It could just be one and that might be concerning, but I'd say more than likely once one started it, at least a couple others have probably joined in.

Always. :ohwell: I do think Stella's luxating patella is getting worse too. She had a bad day where she couldn't jump on or off the couch without her knee popping out. It didn't last long and she's been fine since, but it does worry me.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!! :/

Awwwwwwwwwww. I wish I had a camera that worked. I never learned how to use a digital camera. :( I want to take pics too (of course my pics would never be never what you can take).

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. People!!!! :( I am so upset now. I can even imagine what you are feeling. :(

Very true.

Hahahahaha. Well, if you put your mind to it you can do it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. But will the work require the math to get a good grade? Yes, it can be overwhelming BUT you can handle it if you put your mind to it. Great you find it interesting though. THAT is REALLY good. Yes :/ a lot to do. :(

Yes for better or for worse. :/ Yes but I would have to take the food away anyway so the coyotes don't get it. :/ Yes, so hard to tell if they are different. Though I have a lot so it is not everyone............................

:( Poor Stella. Hopefully it was just a "bad day". Always.......................... :(

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just telling my mom that digital photography can be as simple or as complex as you make it. There are really only three functions that are important to know about to get good pictures. The main thing is just that the cameras are expensive! There are probably some cheaper ones that would still work well though.

I know. :( I love her so much. She doesn't deserve all of this. She's also started heartworm treatment, so she really doesn't need to be at the shelter right now. I don't know what we're going to do with her though. At this point she has a bite history, she has a tendency to be snappy with people she doesn't know, can't be with kids, probably can't be with dogs... She's becoming a progressively harder dog to adopt out.

I'm not sure that I could! I've always struggled with math, especially really complex problems. No, not so far. It's mostly research. It is definitely a lot. It took longer for me to get it all done this week than it usually takes me. It is good information. Stuff everyone should know, really.

Well, squirrel-specific food wouldn't necessarily be something that would attract coyotes. It is hard to keep track of squirrels. I don't think I could tell them apart just looking at them outside! I would imagine some squirrels are still a little worried about sharing a meal with cats.

Hopefully, but she's never just had a bad day without a trigger like that. There's been a couple of times that she's really hurt herself and then seemed more sensitive for a while after, but this time there was no cause. No time where she acted really hurt.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all. I have an inquiry as to how to get my cats to play. I have three in total: two males of six years and a female of three years. I would not usually have cats of such an age difference but the female was kind of an accident. A very happy one, I assure you, but we do have our problems. Her father was feral and I do believe this has an affect on her personality. Not that she's necessarily mean or a bad cat, but she is skittish.

So to begin with, I will admit I slacked off on play for a while. It somehow left my routine and, once a habit is broken, it's hard to remake. However, I wanted to make up for it. The only problem is that the cats don't make it easy. To boys are rather lazy and I can't figure out how to get them to move for more than a couple of minutes. Frost is more than happy to play if you dangle it over his head so he can bat at it while laying on his back. Ash was more willing to play, but it's faded away and I can't keep his interest anymore. I'm not as worried about them though because they do play together and neither are overweight, but I know they need some stimulation too. So my first inquiry is how can I get lazy cats to get off their butts (or backs as the case may be) and play?

The second issue is the female, Ember. She's willing to play with me, but she's often nervous about any noises or anything. I don't have very many places to separate them from though I haven't had a problem with the boys playing together. With Ember, I've tried playing with her in the living room and my bedroom. She used to be okay with playing in the living room, but there's been a bit of tension between her and Ash and she no longer feels comfortable there. I tried playing with her in my room with the door shut, but Frost will scratch at the door and then she goes running over there with her tail lashing. So my second question is what can I do for her? She's such a nervous little cat though she's very friendly. Of all the cats I've had in my life, she's the first to really bond with me and I feel bad because she isn't really one of the group. The boys have accepted her into the household, but they're not exactly close. Sometimes Frost with play with her and Ash will let her lay next to him, but not much else. I'm also so happy when I see one of them groom her or something that shows both her and me that she has, indeed, been accepted. But they still don't play with her a whole lot and she is more of a people cat so I feel obligated to be the companion she needs.
How about setting up some outside distraction. Such as a Bird Feeder, Squirrel Feeder or a Bird Bath close in near a window. My two boys love watching the Squirrels and Chipmunks come to the "Corn Cob Feeder" that sits just outside my my patio door. They spend hours throughout the day watching and climbing the glass window that separates the squirrel and cat by only inches.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about setting up some outside distraction. Such as a Bird Feeder, Squirrel Feeder or a Bird Bath close in near a window. My two boys love watching the Squirrels and Chipmunks come to the "Corn Cob Feeder" that sits just outside my my patio door. They spend hours throughout the day watching and climbing the glass window that separates the squirrel and cat by only inches.
Thanks for the idea! We actually did have a bird feeder, but took it down because it was the only area in the yard I could let my dog run. They did love it though.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:/ Well you do know photography!!! I guess I have to get motivated BUT I am intimidated by computers etc. :/

:( It is sad. BUT she can be great in the right home. So frustrating. :( Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

You could. If you put your mind to it. Almost everyone has issues with complex problems!!! Well, it may have taken longer BUT it is worth it then!!!

Interesting? What about rodents or racoons or deer or owls or hawks? Would it attract them? Maybe I could put them up on trees? Yep, REALLY HARD but I can tell the white one. ;) I hope they are worried, I don't want them eaten. :(

:( Hopefully it was just a one off thing. :/ She is so adorable!!! Sighhhhhhhhhhh

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not an expert myself. I'm only really familiar with the basics. The lenses tend to be more complicated than the camera itself. But if you ever decided to get one, you could go to a camera store and I'm sure someone could help you. Just be careful they aren't trying to get more money out of you! Of course, I'm always willing to help too, but sometimes speaking face-to-face can make it easier to understand things. Plus, they could show you what they're talking about a bit easier. Uploading photos from the camera to the computer is pretty simple. Any computer should have some free form of editing software, so you could edit pictures if you chose to. Sometimes editing them afterwards is easier than getting them perfect right off the bat. The hardest part really is the lenses which can get a bit pricey, but there should be some cheaper options for people who aren't too serious about photography.

Oh, definitely. She's great if you give her the time and patience she needs. She can be a really, really good dog. It's just getting harder and harder to find the right people. I don't know what it's going to take to get her into the right home. I'd take her myself if I could.

Well, we're just going to hope I continue to not need the math because I don't really want to find out. So far, we haven't. I could use with a little less information, but overall it is good to know. Makes things make more sense. Kind of depressing too, though.

Squirrels primarily eat nuts, seeds, and fruits. None of that would attract predators like owls, hawks, or coyotes. I guess if you increase the number of prey animals, you could increase the number of predators hunting them, but the food likely wouldn't last long. When we had the birdfeeder set up, it was normally emptied in a few hours or so. If you already have a lot of squirrels, then the resident squirrels may eat it all before any others can be attracted. Plus, owls and coyotes are primarily nocturnal whereas squirrels are diurnal. Rodents and raccoons are also primarily nocturnal, so if there's no food by the nighttime then they shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't feed the squirrels a ton. You don't want them becoming too dependent anyway. I am very jealous of your white squirrel. It must be a pretty safe area or a really smart squirrel!

I hope so too. :ohwell:

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some pictures of Stella because why not? I've been trying to get to know my camera a little better.

IMG_2800.jpg
IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_2824 2.jpg
IMG_2831.jpg

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GORGEOUS!!!! Look at those pictures!!! Look at her!!!! WOW!!! :) Thanks!!!

Oh my, it does sound complicated. :/ Well, I am afraid of Covid still. So can't go in anytime soon. :( I would need a lot of hand holding sadly. All this new stuff is really a challenge for me. :/

She sounds like it. It breaks my heart. I know you would. But it is not possible. There is someone out there. Hopefully they show up soon. She is not that big a challenge it seems.

Hahahaha. I hear you. Well, it is better to have too much information rather than too little. But I know what you mean. Very depressing sadly. :(

Interesting. What about opossum? Mine came this morning at 8am and then again at 10am. I have never seen him at those times. Usually only at dawn or dusk or nighttime. It is dangerous with predators. :( I want to protect the squirrel but how can I? I may try to feed a little. And see how they do. There is a lot of trees etc around but it wouldn't hurt.

Yes :/ She is so adorable!!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so cute. Very easy to take pictures of too. It's nice having a well-behaved dog that follows commands.

It can be. I do think there are some simpler versions. Cameras with attached lenses that could still take good pictures. I just don't know much about them because it's not what I have. Having separate lenses gives you some more flexibility. They're just costly. But there's essentially two things you need to know about lenses, if you did have a camera with separate lenses, and three or four things to know about the camera body. Ah, yes, Covid is still out there, I guess. My work acts like it's gone, so sometimes I forget. I do think going in store is the best option, though buying online is doable. But I went into the store planning on buying one camera and ended up holding another which was way lighter. I like the lightness of it because I have tremors. So getting hands-on with the camera was beneficial for me. Well, we all start off new with everything. I struggled too. Still am with some things.

Yes. I just can't believe so few people can see how absolutely fantastic she is. I just hate to see her get passed around. I do get protective over those sort of delicate animals. I want to take them just because I know I won't just give up on them like so many others will and do. Brindy especially because I do love her. She needs a specific home that isn't easy to find, but she'll be easy enough once she's there.

I suppose so, but it does make it more difficult to process it all. It is depressing. I'm not sure I thought we could see any sort of positive difference in climate change in my lifetime, but now it's been guaranteed that I won't which is kind of sad. I hate the idea that it's just going to get hotter and hotter over my life.

Hmmm... I'm not an expert on opossums, but they are omnivores and will eat just about anything. I think they are primarily nocturnal, but are known to come out during the day when they need to. They could come around, but again the squirrels may eat the food faster than they can get there. And you already have opossums without an issue, yes? They may not be an issue either way. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's much you can do for the squirrel. Giving it some food may be good, but not too much. You don't want it to be dependent on the food source or lingering too long in one place.

She is!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really is!! She is really well behaved. Usually they aren't...................... :/

Especially for someone like me. :/ I can get very confused since it gets complex. It is not easy to "feel" something that is inside (like a computer). Then if I can take pictures then trying to do something with them instead of just dropping off film at a store. :/ It is a generational thing. Yes, I agree, getting to feel something, have someone listen and help is really good. Well, I am at high risk of Covid so it is scary. :/ Hopefully someday. Hahahahaha, well, I think you handle things really well. I don't think you have too much trouble. You have a better mind and are much more intelligent than I am.

I know but it happens too often. :/ I know, it is very easy to be protective. I totally know what you mean. I wish people were more like us. :/ I know someone that is going to give up on a GS puppy. :( It is so ridiculous, the puppy is great. I wish I could take her but I just can't. :( It breaks my heart. Sometimes I get so upset with people. There is no reason the give up that dog. :(

:( But hopefully someone will invent something. People, animals, plants, etc are all at risk to some degree. BUT people are smart and someone will come up with something to stop, reverse or slow the progression.

Interesting. I never saw one during the day before. Hopefully the squirrels will eat it faster. Oh my, no, the opossums are fine, friends with the cats. They eat together (or near each other) often. And I am worried about coyotes, hawks, owls, etc. I don't like raccoons though they are not bad to the cats. :/ Yes/. Poor squirrel. I did she him today though. Whew. I always am happy when I see my cats etc. I can tell the squirrel but not all of them. Can't tell the rabbits apart. :( The coyotes are pretty but I don't want them near. Same with the owls and the hawks. Dangerous world. :( I admit I like the opossums and they are really tame now. :/ They like chicken :/

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, they certainly aren't born knowing how to behave. It does take work to teach them, though, admittedly, some are easier than others and Stella is an easy one. She wants to work with and for you and make you happy. That makes her happy.

Trust me, I do too! It's not entirely generational, though I know what you mean. It takes me reading/hearing something three or four times to commit it to memory (maybe more). If it isn't your strength, then it's hard to learn. For me, I have the eye to see a good picture, but making it actually happen is a lot harder. Covid can be really scary when you're high risk. We did worry about my mom for a while, but with her having all the vaccines and the new strains of Covid being less severe, she feels more comfortable. I do think shopping in-store is best, but I guess it could be something to do while avoiding people too.

Definitely too often. It's so sad. Brindy is on meds now too, to keep her calm during her heartworm treatment. I hate it though because she's so sedate and a bit out of it. I know it's necessary for her health, but I hate seeing her like that. She's usually so spunky and playful. Still carries her toy on walks though. I gave her a bunch because pretty much all she had were hard chew toys, but she prefers plushies and squeaky toys. :eek2: Tell them to send her to me! No, I can't have anymore, but that is very sad and very common, unfortunately. We've had a number of puppies brought back just because the people weren't able to deal with a puppy. So frustrating.

Well, it's more a matter of inventing a lot of things. And we already have a lot of what we need to do so. It's not so much a matter of being able to as much as being willing to. The biggest issue is big companies just want money and most people just want the cheapest, most convenient stuff. And even if we stopped emitted greenhouse gases right now, it would still take thousands of years for the temperature to reverse.

I have once. A big, fat one. It weirded me out as well as I thought they were nocturnal, but they do what they have to. They're very adaptable animals. One of the oldest land animals living today and for good reason. The squirrels have been pretty efficient in my experience. Birds too. Our food never lasted long. If you don't put out much and if you keep it in a small area, it should be gone pretty quick. I can't make any promises on racoon because they are also adaptable animals, but again, I don't think the food would last long enough to attract them. Oh, good. Glad you've seen that squirrel. I understand on the coyotes and predators. Haha. I like that you like the opossums. Not many people do.