Struggling With Play Time

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here's momma Brindy. I still have to get Baloo's pictures uploaded and edited. I'll post his tomorrow, probably.

IMG_2317.jpg
IMG_2325.jpg
IMG_2343.jpg
IMG_2346.jpg

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww. Yes. My big girl is like Osiris as well. Loves cats but can be a bit much at times. Of course my boy cat LOVES her so............................... Both cats and dog have handled him really well!!! He does seem like he is getting better. You can do it, better than any trainer.

Ahhhhh. That is good. No, no mention of Baloo :/ I don't know why either!!! ;) Ahhhhh, one of "those" people. :/ Oh wow, Baloo sounds gorgeous!!! And you love his mom????? :) Surprise surprise. ;)

Interestingly, today our US Intelligence believes Putin has no intention and has no desire to directly confront the US. :/ Well, if true wouldn't our presence be a deterrent?? And his military is losing badly in Ukraine to the Ukrainian military and our and NATO forces are much larger and powerful than Putin's......................... US is afraid of Putin using a tactical nuke. :( But if we tell him if he uses one we will as well............................... :/ But what do I know. BUT I want the people to be saved, safe.

On another note, a charity helped a woman who walked for 4 days with her cat to the Polish border. The people of Ukraine LOVE their pets and are trying to save them. The person I know from this site is an amazing person as well. LOVES cats.

Brindy is GORGEOUS!!! Very pittie looking. Gorgeous!!!! :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ember loves Osiris too. Just on her terms only. But then he gets too excited and she ends up spitting and slapping at him. I think Stella would still be happy if he disappeared one day and never came back. She's not a fan. But she is much more tolerant now. He is much better. At first he'd flip out if a dog was so much in sight. People always say to work with your dog at a distance they don't react at, but that distance didn't exist. If he could see them, he'd react. Now he can handle dogs probably twenty feet away. The problem is that's only at the local park and only if he sees them from further away. He still reacts if they catch him off guard. Oh, I don't know about that. I think a good trainer could've fixed the problem a while ago. I think they have more confidence in knowing what they're doing, they're more precise, and just have more practice. I don't have the experience.

Haha. I would've thought I'd mention him after he came back the first time, but there might've been other things going on. Sometimes there's too much to type at one time, so I save things for next time, but I can end up forgetting. My relationship with Baloo was not something I was expecting either. Honestly, he's kind of goofy looking. Not in a bad way. His looks match his personality. He just looks like a giant, dorky puppy. Which he basically is. His mom is stunning. I loved her from day one.

That is interesting. It would be nice if we get test that without actually stepping in just yet. If that's true then we could end this quite easily. Sure seems like there has to be something that can be done. I don't think sitting back and doing nothing is the right choice. That's what my mom said, that if we join the war then it could end up being a nuclear war. She says most countries won't actually use those weapons, but Russia would. I don't know. I don't know what the answer is. I'm certainly not qualified to make any decisions on the matter.

Oh my. That's a long time to go with a cat. I couldn't imagine going on such a trek with this lot. Good she got help. It does seem like they really care. Maybe it's just because I surround myself with animal-related things, but that seems to be what I hear/read about the most. People evacuating with their animals. People staying with their animals. Makes you wonder how many people in the US would be so committed to their animals.

She is. ♥ She hasn't had any interest though and it's so surprising to me. I thought the bigger problem would be people wanting her because she's pretty and not being able to handle her shyness. I'll post Baloo's pictures.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH WOW!!!! Baloo is GORGEOUS!!!!

Awwwwww. Almost everything cats do are on their terms. ;) Yes, cats will do that but sometimes it is their way of playing/instigating. It is always funny to see a cat do that then 10 minutes later see the cat go up to the dog!!! Awwww, poor Stella. :( Yes, but he is getting better. Some dogs are like that. :/ Well, maybe, BUT I think you can do it. Your instincts are really good. And some dogs are more of a challenge. :/

Yes :/ Too much on the table I guess. :( BUT it is good to learn about him now!! Baloo is GORGOEUS!!! I don't see him "goofy" looking. Maybe his actions make that impression (since I only see pictures). His mom is stunning!!!

:/ I don't have the answers either. That is why I was never in government etc. :( I just think the allies need to make it clear if he uses nukes he will not live anymore or his top people. I would guess they do not want to die anymore than we do. :/

AGREED!!! I think the person on this site is staying for their animals. It is wonderful to see people caring so much. It is SO HARD to even think about. It shouldn't need to be thought about. I think I may know the answer on your question about Americans dedication to their animals. :(

Hmmmmm, I am REALLY surprised she has not had interest. :( Mind boggling. :( Fingers crossed the right person will come in soon!!!

He is GORGEOUS!!!! :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll admit, he was not one I was immediately drawn to, but he grew on me for sure. He's cute.

Definitely. I'm quite sure it's not play. Ember almost never actually plays with another animal. She won't even let the boys play. And I don't think I've ever heard her make a sound when she does play. The spitting is definitely a warning. She will go back to him though. It's not that she doesn't ever want to interact with him. It's just that he gets too excited and she wants him to calm down. He wants to play with her. She wants him to pet her. I know. I do feel bad for Stella sometimes. To be fair, she could get away from him, but she won't if I'm around because she'd rather put up with him to be with me than go off on her own. I do take her to the park on her own as much as I can too though. He is getting better and I can get there. He just might be ten years old by the time I do. Lol. It took a while for me to get Stella better and she's still not perfect.

Yes, he was definitely worth bringing up! I do miss him. I didn't mean goofy in any sort of bad way or that he wasn't a good-looking dog in his own way, but I do feel his looks match his personality quite well. He just seems.... immature. Young. He's a funny, goofy, class-clown sort of dog, at least once he's comfortable. It's definitely portrayed in his actions. Lol. You should've seen him chase and bounce on a ball. He'd completely miss it in his attempt to jump on it. He just still seemed so young even though he was about a year old. Like he hadn't gotten the chance to be a puppy before so he was making up for it. Still kind of awkward and clumsy. His mom is definitely a pretty dog. He didn't get any of her traits though. Lol.

Same. I don't really know anything about it to be able to give any suggestions. You would think we could try to figure out how many other countries would stand against him as well. I know the US joining the war is a dangerous thing, but what if a lot of other countries are waiting for that? What if they'd also join if we did? And maybe just threatening to join would be enough. Putin doesn't sound like an entirely rational person though.

Yeah, it's great that so many people care so much. I agree, it's not something anyone should have to do or consider. Though I have considered a number of scenarios of what to do with my animals in different situations, a lot of times I don't think there are any good options. Sometimes you just have to hope those situations never happen. But then this proves they can... I don't think I could live with myself if I left my animals behind, but I know that's not always a very popular opinion. I don't have much faith in people and in Americans in particular.

I am as well. She's a lovely dog. She does have some issues, but it doesn't seem like anyone even takes the time to find out what those issues are. They just aren't interested at all. I love her. She's so sweet and affectionate and gentle. I sit in her kennel and she puts her head on my shoulder or tucks her head under my chin. She just wants contact with you. She'll come up and press the whole front of her body from her chin down to her paws against my legs. She takes time, but I'll never understand why that's such an issue for people. But then, those are the dogs I prefer. The ones who aren't everyone's best friend, love everyone the same, etc. I love the unique bond you form with an animal who isn't immediately outgoing and friendly.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I was like "WOW!!" when I saw him. He is GORGEOUS!!! I am surprised he didn't interest you right away.

Interesting she comes back to Osiris......................... I think that is more interesting and telling. Yes, they will get excited which means they do not mean harm. I think Ember realizes it though maybe not 100%. Very interesting. Awwww, Stella,well,he can't be "too bad" in her eyes then............... Pretty good. Hahahaha, I think it will be before then. ;)

YES!!! :) Awwww, he sounds ADORABLE!!! Yes, I have had 14 year olds that still acted like puppies!!!! I like that. His mom is GORGEOUS as well. Hmmmmm, yep, well, he is his own individual I guess. In a good way.

The US would be fine alone if it had to be it seems. :/ Russians bombed a children's hospital yesterday. They are just evil criminals. Satan reincarnate. :( Well, maybe he isn't rational but then those around him should do something about him. Someone must be rational around him and want to live for a while. :/

Agreed. And agreed. I worry about my animals all the time if something happens to me (naturally) let alone is someone forces something bad. :( I wish no one had to go through what they are going through. It is so unfair and ridiculous and immoral and illegal. Putin and his people perpetrating this have special place in hell next to Bin Laden etc. :/ Eternity is a long time........................... I don't have much faith in people or mostly Americans either. :( Sad to say but true. :( BUT there are a lot of great people as well. We just have to try to make the world better as best we can. I "meet" so many AMAZING people on this site.

:/ Strange. I wonder why. She is looks wise and seems like it personality wise as well. Who doesn't have "issues" though? Every human has "issues". Awwwwwwwww, HOW SWEET!!!!! I just don't get no interest. I agree with you. Having an animal open up and trust is one of the most amazing gifts!!! She will find the right family.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He doesn't really fit any of my preferences other than size. The yellow/tan color is honestly probably one of my least favorites and I tend to favor pricked ears over floppy, light eyes over dark... Not to say he's ugly or anything, just not my preference. I still like his personality more than his looks.

Oh, Ember isn't scared of Osiris at all. Not afraid of him hurting her in the slightest. She's more likely to (and has) hurt him. If she were scared, she'd run. She just doesn't like what he's doing and she's trying to tell him that, but he doesn't get the message. Ember thinks everyone should pet her whenever she wants them to. Stella would put up with a lot to be with me. Lol. She's quite attached. I hope so! I'd have to get a trainer eventually if it took too long.

He was. He was a funny dog. Could always make you laugh. He has a smudge on one side of his face that I always wanted to wipe off. It does not come off. He also loves ice. Would even work for it. We had a patch of ice in the play yard for a while and he'd always eat it, but if I picked a piece up he'd drop whatever was in his mouth and wanted the piece I had. He'd sit for it. Sit right in the ice he could have for free, but chose to work for the piece I had. I'd throw it for him to chase.

I'm not surprised, but if there were a lot of countries then it may not have to come to anything. If Ukraine had an unquestionable advantage such as several powerful countries backing them up, then maybe even Putin would back down without us actually having to go to war. But then who knows with someone who's willing to murder children... There was a video of him getting others to agree to what he's doing. He's honestly just the worst kind of bully. He has everyone around him scared of him, so they won't say anything against him. He's already stepped so far out of line, they're probably afraid of what he's willing to do to get his way. No, it's unfortunate how little we believe in America, but not unfounded. There are some good people, for sure. It just sometimes feels like they're the minority.

I don't know. She's great. I love her. I know, but unfortunately people expect to come to a shelter and find the perfect pet. After all, there's so many surely one should be perfect right? But everyone wants the perfect one and so they go quickly and we get left with the less than perfect ones. But Brindy is pretty close to perfect if you ask me. ;) She's so, so fantastic and sweet. I don't understand why no one wants her. I thought she'd go before Baloo for sure. Most people are looking for smaller dogs, plus she has blue eyes, and her coloring is really pretty, and she's just a very unique dog overall. But Baloo got adopted three times and she still hasn't gone once! Proved me wrong.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. I would echo your preferences as I am the same way. BUT there is something about him that really is attractive to me. Like a yellow lab to me is "oh well, nothing to look at here" but Baloo is like "wow". His ears totally work for me, even his color, and his face, and of course his size/shape. I kinda fell in love with him at first sight. :/ His personality does sound great.

Awwwwwwwwww. Really good. They are kinda bonded in a way then!! She might want to teach him lessons, her "mothering" him. She isn't "tough" enough to get him to get the message. :/ So Ember is like most cats???? ;) Awwwww, Stella. I love animals like that. Understandable. :/ I think he will be fine.

Awwwwww, HOW ADORABLE!!!!! Melts my heart!!!!

AGREED on EVERY point!!!!! :/

It is really odd. She seems perfect to me as well. I honestly do not understand. I can see why Baloo got adopted 3 times (why he was returned though I have no idea). Hmmmmmmmm, there are sometimes things that are not explained. :( Well, we get proved wrong all the time. Good to be humbled though since it does make us better. Being too confident can be dangerous. She is going to find the right home. Things happen for reasons I believe.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's definitely unique looking. I agree on the labs. Far too common for my liking. Baloo is cute and he is unique, just not in a "oh, I want to take him home" sort of way. Kind of like how I feel about most small dogs. I can appreciate their cuteness, sure, but I don't want them. I did like his feet though. The white with speckling. To be honest, his personality isn't even really my 'type'. Not in the sense that I disliked him (obviously not), but again, just in the way that he was fun to watch, but I didn't want to take him home. A bit too immature for me. But I don't know, he just grew on me and once he decided I was his, it was hard to argue with him. I kind of feel the same about Stella. I love her to death and wouldn't change her for the world (maybe tone down the anxiety), but she's not the dog I would pick for myself as much as that doesn't sound like it makes any sense. It's interesting how you get connected to animals even if they aren't your 'type'.

Ember would have a great relationship with Osiris if he could stay calm. She's a funny little cat. She does want to be friends with him and he wants to be friends with her, but that just means two different things to them. I don't know if it's that she isn't strong enough (he has bled once before; how much stronger should she get?) or if he's just that ignorant to what she's saying. I think I've said it before, but Osiris doesn't seem to relate pain to anything causing it. Like, you know if you accidentally hurt your dog then they usually act scared of you for a bit? Not him. Or most dogs will avoid something that's caused them pain in the past, especially if it's happened multiple times. Not him. He's gotten his feet caught under the front door a few times because my mom opened it and he was standing there. He still does it. Well, I guess she's like most cats. She's very different from the boys. Yes, I like those animals too. It isn't always obvious she's that attached to me, but she is and I wouldn't have it any other way.

He was pretty dang adorable. I need to upload the videos of him working for the ice. I just haven't gotten around to it.

BRINDY WENT HOME!! I swear, every time I talk about a dog not getting adopted, they get adopted. Apparently, she got three or four applications at the same time and they did the meets. The people picked her up yesterday. I hope it works out for her, but I'll admit I'm a bit sad to see her go. No more Baloo and no more Brindy... I hope the people are patient with her. She's such a good dog, but she does take some time. Totally worth every second though.

But it's good she's gone. In the not even a week I was gone, we over doubled the number of dogs. We had two transports, four dogs on one and six on the other, and a couple of surrenders. Plus the day Brindy went home another dog was returned. :( And most of them were fixed at the same time, so we've had a ridiculous number of dogs to walk. It was a total of thirteen new dogs between Sunday and Friday. One is a deaf double merle. Very, very sweet dog. A little bit weird. Likes to bark in the corners of the room.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really is!!! Yes on labs. :/ It is interesting because our likes are very similar. I am surprised you weren't as head over heels as I am about Baloo. Is he small? I admit I do lie his personality as well. :/ Totally. It is very easy to fall for a "not my type" animal (or human for that matter).

Awwww, she loves him!! Strong meaning "forceful". Meaning actions support a real intent. So like sometimes we get upset at someone but the person knows though we are upset we don't really mean it. Oh I have had dogs like that. I think sometimes they are really good at knowing whatever happened wasn't intentional.

Awwww, YES!!! :)

AWESOME!!! 3 or 4 applications???? Wow, I figured but even that is amazing. We couldn't figure out but I guess it was just timing. So great, I hope it works out, it should. Yes. :( Hard to say goodbye but wonderful a new life is available!!!

:( Wow. I don't like to hear returns. :( 13, wow!! Awwwwwww, Double Merle. WOW!! They are GORGEOUS!!! They say do to bad breeding but they look gorgeous. (I had to google). I hope the barking is not an issue. :/

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I can be a little picky on my preferences. If it falls too much outside of my preferences, then I don't care for the look. Not that it's anything against the animals themselves. It's typically for the best I don't like their looks too much because otherwise I'd want to take them all home! I don't really care for any of the yellowy or orangey colors. No, he's close to Osiris's size. Over 70lbs, I believe. His size is the only trait that I'm drawn to. His personality is the kind that I like to meet when out and about. They're fun dogs to meet and hang out with, but not typically what I want to live with. He's a bit of a whiner too. He'd whine quite often. Not too much he howled in the kennel. Him and Brindy both.

She's a sweet cat. She can be pretty fierce though! She's not super scary though. She doesn't want to hurt anyone. I'm pretty sure Frost means it when he slaps, but it doesn't feel like it... I don't know how he manages to have such little strength, but it's like someone throwing a cotton ball at you. Ash has a good hit, but weirdly enough I'm not sure he's every actually slapped Osiris... Sure, but you'd think they'd learn to avoid something that has caused pain multiple times. How many times does one need to get their paws caught in the door to learn to stay back?

I don't know how Brindy ended up with so many all of a sudden. She's such a fantastic dog, she should've been gone a while ago. Would've been better for me too because I wouldn't be so attached!

I know. :( The lady said because she doesn't have time for her. She's not even the craziest dog. Energetic, sure, but not like some dogs we have. She shouldn't be too difficult to adopt out though. She's a good dog. Sweet, confident, affectionate, outgoing. The kind of dog people like. Her only disadvantage is she is a pit and there's just so many of them, but she is a different looking pit. Yes, 13 is a lot. Getting close to 30 total. We've had a couple get adopted though. Well, merle is prettier than double merle, if you ask me. Double merles get two copies of the merle gene and they typically end up being most white with small amounts of the merle coloring. They're also almost always deaf and often have visual impairments as well. Somebody has mentioned they can have neurological issues too which I didn't know before. Normal merles with just one copy of the gene are stunning dogs with none of the related issues. Her barking could be problematic. No idea if it's a neurological issue, perhaps a sign of a vision impairment, an obsessive behavior (which are common in border collies), or just a bored dog with lots of energy. You can fix the boredom issue, but the others aren't so easy.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwww. Yes, agreed. It is easy to fall in love!! Ohhhhhhh, so he is a good size. :/ Makes me love him more!!! Yes, he does seem like fun. Well, in a kennel I can't blame them. :/

Awwwwww. Well, if Front meant it it would feel like it. :/ Restraint is a good sign. Right???? Dogs.................... :/

It happens. Well, yes, BUT at least you had some love with her as well. To love and lost is better than to not have loved at all. :/

At least she is honest. :/ Not the right home. She'll be fine and find a great home. :( Oh, poor Double Merle. I didn't realize it was that bad. Ughhhhhhh, my heart breaks for her. Deaf is not bad but multiple issues are hard. :(

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too easy, perhaps. I could never distance myself or try to not get attached, but sometimes I kind of wish I could. Yes, he's quite large and had a tendency to put his paws on my shoulders. And also to smack me in the face with his paws. Couldn't tell you how many times he whacked my glasses or caught my lip with a claw. Oh, he whined in the play yards too. Sometimes for no apparent reason.

Well, he could use claws for sure, but none of my cats use claws very often. I don't think that means they don't mean it. He definitely means it; he just has soft floofy feet! I'm surprised by Ash. He's a very sweet cat and can actually be quite tolerant, but then it's not really tolerance? It's just some things some cats dislike or don't tolerate, he genuinely doesn't mind. But when you do something he actually doesn't like then he has no issue letting you know. Not drawing blood, but he can get his point across without that.

I do absolutely love that dog. I was drawn to her from the start and that never went away. She's not the sort of dog I'm typically drawn to, but it didn't matter with her. Her blue eyes caught your attention, her rich brindle color got you closer, and her personality kept you there. Such a wonderful dog.

Yes, but doesn't make the situation much better. It's still another dog in the shelter. We had another dog who was adopted for three days and returned for getting into a skirmish with their other dog over a toy. :doh: No, deaf isn't that bad, but I don't think we should be breeding for it either. And deaf and blind is a bit more difficult, which many of the double merles are. And it sort of defeats the purpose of wanting and getting a merle since you don't get much of the merle.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I can't either. :/ Awwwwwwwww. Yep, they will do that. :/ Poor guy whining. :(

Yes, that is good and a good sign. Yes, just the degree of "meaning" it. Awwwwww. Yes letting someone know but not hurting is really good restraint.

Awwwwwwwww :redheartpump:

:/ Yep Yikes, yep. Toy aggression. :( AGREED!!! Don't breed for that!!! They don't really, do they? Yes. :(

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is difficult. I don't mind the jumping, but the being smacked in the face wasn't fun. There were a couple of times that it really hurt. Well, hopefully the whining won't be an issue in a house.

It's great! I don't think they should have to use claws to get their point across, but Osiris seems to think differently. Ember is typically very good about looking/sounding serious, but still not using claws. The fact that she's drawn blood on him says something.

Brindy was returned. :bawling: Said she bit their other dog when they were giving attention to the other dog. I don't get it. She hasn't had any problems like that before. Some resource guarding over chews in her foster home, but not over attention. We've had her in the play yard with Baloo who absolutely drove her crazy and she didn't do anything. She'd usually just leave if he came over. They were briefly in a group with another dog, Pansy, but stopped because Brindy has heartworms. No issues then either, but it was very early on and Brindy didn't want any attention.

Resource guarding is scary, but common and often easily managed. I don't know why people expect dogs to just know how to act around toys, to know not to steal, or to be okay with another dog stealing. I would never expect that from my animals. Osiris has one toy out that Stella has no interest in and it isn't high value for him either. And it took a year or so before he started having access to a toy. No, not great to breed the double merles. There're really no pros to it.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed. Oh yes, it will hurt. :( Yes, hopefully.

Agreed. Yes, drawing blood does say something. :/

:( Oh my. :( Maybe an only dog home going forward. :/ I didn't realize she had heartworms. :( Poor thing. She will find the right home.

Agreed!! I have had many "resource guarding" dogs in my life and dealt with it. :/ Have you had Osiris for a year now???? WOW!!!

Agreed. They don't really try to breed for doubles, do they?

Sorry about being a bit short, my head is not really into it. I am kinda soured on this site. A moderator on another thread stifled my freedom of expression/statement of facts/attempt to help someone I think is in need about something rather important rather than something "run of the mill". A once in 80 years thing is a little different than typical petty politics. I just don't like having to police what I may write so as not to offend anyone. If a poster says something then I would understand more than someone implying what they think someone else may think. I am not in the mindset of offending people, antagonizing, etc. Not sure I am all that interested in supporting something and participating in something I don't agree with. Helping with pages views, advertising revenue etc. I realize when in someone's home you respect the rules whether you agree or disagree but there is no need to visit somewhere I don't feel matches my values. Life is too short. You and ongoing threads only keep me here for now............................... :( No need to respond as I don't want you to "get in trouble". Just want you to be aware of what is in my mind. (Kinda sad I feel the need to even write that as well...................................)

Last edited:

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, so far Baloo hasn't been returned. Knock on wood. I hope this is it for him. I still miss him though.

I think she could be okay with another dog if the owner knows what they're doing and is experienced with multiple dogs. If I didn't have my little animals to worry about, I'd probably foster her and see what her problems actually are. It's hard to trust what people see/interpret when you know a lot of people don't know dog body language. A lot of people overexaggerate what they think is 'aggressive' behavior too. A dog can nip and the people call it a bite. But I'd worry about her potentially truly biting one of the smaller animals and doing damage. A lot of our dogs have heartworms.

I think some level of resource guarding is normal and should be expected. I've never considered Stella to resource guard, but technically she does. She's growled, shown teeth, and snapped at the cats when they've gotten too close to her chews. But she's never made contact and it's not like she's doing it when they're five feet away from her, so it's a nonissue. I hear/see it and step in to make the cats go away. If someone tried to take my stuff I'd be defensive too! We've had him about a year and a half! We got him in September of 2020. He'll be two next month.

Some do. I think some people are oblivious to the issues. They just think, "If I breed two merles together, I'll get more merle puppies!" It's not difficult to avoid double merles. If you see merle on both dogs, don't breed them!

That's fine. I've been limited on time. Last week of the term, have had issues with college bills, plus problems with the compensation for being bit at work, and we're taking care of someone's dog while they're gone. I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with a moderator. Perhaps just a case of having a bad day? I won't say much since I don't want it to become an issue, but I'd like to be optimistic. This site has always been such a great place and the moderators have always seemed pleasant, at least compared to those of another forum I'm on. But I haven't been outside of this thread in a while.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yess::hyper::clap2: Me too!!!

Yes but hopefully she can find an only dog home and that they feel that way for her lifetime. Yes. Ideal worlds................. :/ Totally agree, I only take a persons word when I know they know what they are talking about. Exactly. :/ You think she would harm another animal? Yikes. :( Ughhhhhh, so sad - heartworms. :(

Agreed. Yes, it is a "degree" issue in my mind. Not all resource guarding is the same. Yes, it is really an issue when it can't be diffused. AMAZING!! I can't believe how time flies. :( I LOVE Osiris.

:( Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh my, I hope all goes well. I know you will do well with school. I HOPE the bills go ok. Taking care of another dog will be fine, just time consuming. Well, there are 2 incidents now................................ Well, my mindset is now "was". I am motivated for the current and past people but going forward - nope. I'll spend my free time in other ways. I am not on other sites and can believe in self moderating so.................. Maybe I just don't understand how the world works. Which is fine, I have my own world. :)

Good luck on end of term and on the bills. And on the bite. :/ There are more important things in life than moderators......................

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brindy is such a good dog. For the most part, she just doesn't seem to care about other dogs. She's not aggressive, just not interested. Her and Stella could actually do better together than Osiris and Stella because they'd probably just ignore each other. But Stella can growl quite a bit when an unfamiliar dog gets too close and I don't know how Brindy would react to that. I don't know if she'd actually hurt another animal and that's the problem. I don't know how severe her 'issues' are. I don't know what her adopters meant by 'biting' the other dog. Was it an air snap? Did it break skin? I just don't know enough. It's so weird that she's had so many problems in a home though. She's been so good in the shelter, if a bit anxious.

Yes. I would never expect my animals to be okay with another animal taking their food or toy whatever else. But I would never allow my animals steal from another animal, so issues don't escalate. My neighbor has been having issues with resource guarding between her two dogs. Apparently they've bloodied each other a few times too. :( Yes, time does fly, but it also kind of feels like he's been here for years.

It is frustrating. A rescue that focuses on double merles recently got a litter of puppies that was found in a dumpster. Not even a day old. They think the puppies were abandoned because there was a double merle in the group. Two of them died before the rescue got them and one just died, so there's just three left now.

Well, school is done for now. I have a week break. Hopefully the check will get there by the end of the week. I think everything has been figured out. That sucks that you've had such issues. You're a fantastic and extremely helpful person. It's everyone else's loss to not have you helping. I think people tend to be defensive, argumentative, and overly sensitive in this world and moderators are often trying to prevent issues from escalating without giving people a chance to handle the situation themselves. I know on the other pet forum I'm on, mods tend to be very quick to shut down threads when they start getting off topic or people start arguing. It is a strange world in which we must live and navigate.

Thank you. Things are getting better, but still some worries. There will be until all the bills have been paid!