Struggling With Play Time

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems a tiny bit slow today, but not too bad. I could also have too many things going at once. I do that a lot too.

Yes, it is. Definitely not a good dog to be sitting in the kennels. Too much pent up energy. Yeah, it's very sad about Faith though I guess we all knew her life wasn't going to be super long. Fortunately, Harry seems to be doing pretty well. He's a sweet cat. I wish he got more attention. And the brothers, along with Keanu, Dan, and Archie, all have coccidia right now. :ohwell: I had to get Keanu out of the cat room because we needed it for healthy cats.

Yeah, I think so too. That's the goal, anyway.

I hope so too.

I'm always weirded out when my animals don't lick their bowls clean. It's unusual for them. He seems to slowly be getting back to normal, but can still be a little quiet during feeding time. I got a new food though (American Journey was out of stock) and they all seem to like it.

Well, I try to learn. Sometimes it takes some time. I'll get there eventually. I don't want to be someone who can't or won't learn. It's certainly taken some time to get to where I am though.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I'd share some photos of animals I've been talking about so you'll know who I'm talking about.

Kadence:
IMG_9917.jpg

Keanu:
IMG_0985.jpg

Faith:
IMG_0573.jpg

Dan (need some more pictures of him):
IMG_0700.jpg

Caleb:
IMG_1404.jpg

Moose:
IMG_1438.jpg

Spirit:
IMG_1391.jpg

I can't think of everyone I've talked a lot about off the top of my head, so if I've missed anyone you want to see, let me know! I have pictures of pretty much all the long-time resident cats. I have fewer dogs, but I can get or find some.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! GORGEOUS!!! It breaks my heart about Faith. She is SO GORGEOUS!!! 😭

You really captured them Well. Looks at their eyes, their look..............................

Pic of Harry? I know it might be hard. :/

It was really slow for me yesterday but today seems better. I never have anything else going. :/

No, not good. Ughhhh, Faith. I actually feel ill. It breaks my heart. Sometimes things are so unfair. :( I am so glad Harry is doing ok so far. Coccidia Oh no. That can be tricky. And in a shelter setting Ughhhhhhhhh.Just be really careful. I am not an expert on it but I think it is really tricky. Poor things. :(

Yes

Yes, fingers crossed.

Yes, any change. Mine never eat everything. :/ So it is nothing for me as long as the amount is good (they always leave some whatever amount I give). :/ Oh my, not good the usual food it out. :( At least they like the other. Doesn't always happen. Hopefully it agrees with them.

Yes, you try and you do. It always takes time. Some of what we learn is not easy. :/ Agreed. You are not like that, you want to get better it seems. That is ok, it is the fact you are getting to where you want not how long or the path. :)

My goodness, those pictures. GORGEOUS!!! I fall for all of them. :/ Gorgeous!!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was a really good cat. Definitely did not deserve the life she had.

Thank you. It's not too difficult. Just let them do what they want to do and capture that moment. The cats in particular don't give you much of a choice in how you capture them. Lol. They do what they want.

I do believe I have a couple of pictures of Harry. I did a day where I took pictures of the FeLV+ cats right before I left work and went immediately to the shower when I got home, but unfortunately the cats weren't super cooperative that day (of course) and the room Harry is in now is a bit small for taking pictures.

Seems to be working alright for me as well. I always of a ton of stuff going. More tabs than anyone needs, plus Microsoft Word document, sticky notes, and oftentimes my photo editing software.

Very unfair. Life was not kind to her, but she never did let it get to her. Harry, too. He's been with us for a little while now. Not as long as Faith had. Almost makes you wish for another FeLV+ cat just so he could have a companion, but it would be even better if he got adopted and we didn't have to worry about dealing with a contagious disease. The shelter doesn't seem to worry too much about coccidia. It is definitely contagious and people can get it too, but it's nothing too dangerous. Just takes a lot of medication. We've been able to put it in wet food though, so don't have to pill them or shove a syringe in their mouths. And it doesn't seem to make the cats feel bad or anything.

Funny how animals in two different households can be so different. All of mine (dogs and cats) lick their bowls clean. I'd be worried if they left a tiny bite of food. No problems with the new food, it seems.

I always want to get better. I know it can be hard to admit that we need improvement sometimes, but denying it just prolongs the issue when you could just accept it and fix it (if it's something that needs to be fixed). I prefer to keep moving forward.

I have tons of pictures. :rolleyes2: It's perhaps a bit ridiculous, but it's fun looking back on them.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwww, Harry is GORGEOUS!!! Awwww, Dwight. Awww Squish. GORGEOUS. How do you do it? I am falling in love with all of them. Your photos are amazing!!

:( Agreed. :(

Hahahaha, I think you are too humble. It is not easy to capture charisma.

The pic of Harry is amazing. :)

Interesting. Today my computer was a mess. Took an hour and a half to get it to work. :( It is our computer, it is old. :(

Very unfair. :( Arghhhhhhhhhhh. Yeah, have to be careful. Hopefully they get the meds and it takes care of it. I know some people have issues with getting rid of it. :/ Hope that is not the case for them.

Yep. I think it may have something to d with being in a colony and saving others food. GREAT they don't mind the new food. Whew

:) You are very wise. Great attitude and the way to look at it. When I was your age and for a long time after I was too thin skinned and insecure and could not take constructive criticism well at all. MUCH BETTER to be like you. You are so impressive.

Hehehehehe, naw. It is great. Though I do wish I had all of them. :/

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harry is a good looking cat. Very nice, dark markings. Dwight was a staff favorite. Haha. It's not easy, but at the same time I don't think it's as hard as many people think. When you're taking care of that many animals, it's hard to get attached to them. Same with fostering. If you have to divide your time among that many animals, then you aren't forming very strong relationships with them. You can be happy for them when they get adopted. Sometimes, though, it is very difficult like with Kadence. But with that many animals, you just have to keep moving... Almost doesn't give you time to miss them.

I guess maybe not for some people. I was lucky to somehow find a talent for it and I don't say that to brag as I believe everyone has some talents. This just happens to be one my few. I don't know what I'm doing half the time though. The hard part is just getting the animals far enough away to take the picture.

Yeah, an old computer probably doesn't help. I know my mom has had issues with hers. Unfortunately, they weren't meant to last forever. Or for very long at all. I've been through a few laptops already. They can get too full of stuff over time too and that'll slow them down as well. The site does have problems sometimes too though, so it's probably a bit of both.

They're all on meds. I think it was for five days or so. Should be just a couple more days left, I think. Hopefully we can get them back into the rooms soon. I know Keanu does better with other cats. Not the first time we've had coccidia at the shelter though. Probably got it from the litter of kittens who came in with it. It's amazing how many people don't seem to notice the staff only signs on the cages. :doh:

That's nice of the cats to save food for others. Mine are not that kind. They would let everyone else starve before giving up their food.

Well, I don't like it. I'd say I take criticism pretty hard because I'm too much of a perfectionist, but that's also the drive to try to fix things. I'd rather fix it and fix it quickly than continue to make mistakes or have problems.

There've been a lot of animals. I've been taking pictures on and off at the shelter for probably four years or so.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Harry is GORGEOUS. I can see why people love Dwight. Hmmmmmmm, really? I don't know. Maybe but I fall for all my ferals. Maybe if I had 30 it would be different but I don't know. I tried fostering and I keep them all. Decided I can't foster anymore. :( I get too attached right away. :( But you do have a good way of approaching it.

Yes, you have a talent, a feel for it. You are right, some people have it. It is really impressive. You capture that "something" the animal has (if that makes sense).

Nope. :/ Yes, other sites are ok sometimes then this site is terrible for me. :/ Ughhhhhhhhh.

Yes, hopefully it takes care of it. Yes, common in shelters. I know. People. :(

Hahahahaha. Well, all mine came from the streets. Different world out there, survival, etc.

Hahahaha, no one does. :) Ahhhhh, yes. But you handle it well after. That is really good. It is great so solve the issues. I wish I had earlier in life. :/ You are doing the right things.

Really cool. I am sure there are a lot. 4 years, good for you!!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is. It is hard when you take care of them for a long period of time. Even if you have a lot of animals, eventually you'll get attached and sometimes you might get attached to some a bit quicker than most, but most of our animals are here for a matter of weeks, not months or years. And keep in mind we typically have anywhere from 15-30 of each species at a time, so typically well over 30 animals to take care of. Did you foster one at a time? Adults or puppies? I was thinking more when I was fostering two puppies at once. One puppy is a lot of work. When you have two, it feels like you spend most of the time just running them outside to avoid accidents. And they get adopted quickly. I did get very attached to Lamont after Leon got adopted. If he'd stayed another week, he might not have left. Layla by herself was a lot, especially with Osiris being so young himself, but I do miss her still. I finally got to edit some pictures of her and was reminded of how beautiful she was.

I do think that forcing them into as little as possible is helpful. I do get them sit for pictures if I can, but I don't force anything. If they don't sit, they don't sit. I find another way. That way they're happy and willing models.

Yeah, I'd say it's probably both your computer and this site. I know the site can get bad, but it's not usually terrible for me.

Sounds like we'll hopefully be getting the sick cats back into rooms soon. Hopefully. Cross your fingers they don't get anything else. The signs literally have bright red stop signs on them with the word in all caps. Usually placed high up on the cage door. Should be hard to miss.

Yes, it is. It's still amazing how different feral cats can be from housecats though. Almost like different species sometimes. Ferals are much more thoughtful and kind, apparently.

I think I've pretty much always been aware of myself and my own flaws. Maybe a little too aware at times. It's certainly helpful, but sometimes difficult as well. I can take things quite hard, but no one else is going to know that because I keep it to myself and deal with it.

I found pictures from the shelter from June of 2017, so it's been close to 5 years. My pictures weren't immediately being posted on the shelter's website, so it was just for practice then.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He really is. Yes, it is hard. Yes, that is a lot of animals. :/ Maybe that does help a little. Yes, I would foster one at a time and typically they were abused, injured, etc. Really vulnerable which probably makes a difference as well. Adults. Yes, that makes sense. Oh pics of Layla..................

Yes, that makes sense. But I think you do well with the timing, capturing them.

Yes. It seems the ads might be the problem as well. :/ Today it is fine. Go figure. :/

Oh great!!! Yes, right????

Well, cats are cats. I THINK being the the wild makes them more diplomatic because they have to to survive. That is my sense. My personal intros with older ferals tend to be easier than most intros with other people. And one would think older ferals would be the most difficult. I think it is learning to be diplomatic to survive.

That is good. Yeah, I can see where it could be negative so finding that balance is key. But it seems like you do a really good job. But yes, I can see where it can be difficult, hold a person back as well. The key is to find the balance. Well, I hope you don't hold back with me. Sometimes talking things out can be helpful. Good you handle them though.

Wow. So cool. Great memories.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think fostering one at a time is harder (emotionally) and the ones with 'issues' (extreme fear, medical issues, etc.) are also hard because they require more time, patience, and empathy. I always have a bit of a soft spot for the shy/fearful ones. I did get really attached to Lamont and handing him over was one of the hardest things I've done. If I didn't have Osiris to deal with, who is still rather immature himself, then I probably would've been more attached to Layla. That's not to say it isn't difficult. It is. But it's a little easier than I actually expected. I'll post the pics of Layla. ;) I'm quite proud of them since I wasn't sure they'd even turn out. I thought I'd have her a little longer and had to rush them when I found out she had potential adopters.

Timing is actually a lot of luck. And trying again. And again. And again. There've been plenty of shots I wish I had gotten and missed. Also a lot that I didn't even realize I got. Sometimes I find a little tongue sticking out or something as I'm going through the pictures. Once you get into photography, you get kind of disillusioned by it. It's fun and I love it, but a lot of it comes down to sheer luck or post-editing.

I hope we are. Looked like we just needed to retest a fecal for them and if that's clear hopefully they'll get moved out. Our rooms are pretty full though. They combined 2 of the rooms (there's a door between them, so propped that open) and there's 9 cats in those two rooms.

I can see that being the case. I would've kind of expected ferals to be more about protecting and taking care of themselves first and foremost, but it also makes sense that maybe they want to help each other out. I like the idea that they're actually very kind, thoughtful animals who take care of each other. I'll stick with that logic.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing after all. It is a balance and not at all one that I've mastered though I try. Talking to you has been a great help! It always takes me a long time to feel completely comfortable with a person, but we've pretty much gotten there at this point.

Yeah, I like looking back. I wish I had organized them by animals earlier on though. All my pics were organized by when they were taken because that was how they were automatically organized and it was easy, but now I like having each animal kept separate.

We got a new dog in the shelter yesterday. His name is Roscoe and he's a 10-month-old pittie-type and I love him. I'm not usually a pit-person, but he's a good-looking dog. Very pretty black fur with this almost golden color streaked throughout. I'll have to get his pictures posted too. He dumped in front of someone's house. They tried to keep him, but he was too rowdy for their young kids. He is very enthusiastic and super sweet. He's great with people, but a bit nervous of things he's unfamiliar with. So, so sweet. He just sits right up against you and leans against you and licks your face. He is very strong too, though. He almost barged through my legs when I tried to get him out for a walk and dragged me around pretty good when I did get him out.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roscoe:

IMG_1985.jpg
IMG_1973.jpg

Layla:

IMG_0893.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg
IMG_0929.jpg

Every time I see Layla's pictures, I'm struck by her beauty and it's like, "Why on earth did I let this dog go?"

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agreed. Me too. I love confident animals but if someone needs help I will prioritize. :/ Yes, you did get attached to Lamont. ;) Layla is stunning.

Interesting but I am not as convinced. I think there is a something special that separates.

Oh go, I hope they are clear. :/ Tis the season for being full. :/

Well, there are the independent ones. But to get in a colony they have to learn to be diplomatic in my opinion.

Yes, agreed. Awwwww, that is great. Thank you, that means a lot.

Yes, I am sure it is hard to figure out the best way at the beginning. Sounds like you have done a good job though. So cool.

Awwwww, Roscoe. GORGEOUS!!! How can someone jsut dump a gorgeous dog like that. :( He looks strong. He will find a home. They can be so sweet it is crazy. Unlike any other breed. Hard to explain but they are just a different sweet.

Layla is GORGEOUS!!! I know, right?

Look at those pics. You just capture them so well.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Confident animals are great and I love seeing them, but yes, the ones that need help always draw my attention. We just had a dog returned to us yesterday. Beautiful shepherd x husky. Looks like a washed out German shepherd. Black and tan saddle back, but very light in color and stunning blue eyes. She was brought back for biting their 4-year-old child. They said it was out of nowhere and yet also say they've been having problems with her being nippy for the year they've had her. Sounds to me like it was either rough play that they didn't get in check and went too far or possibly the child was bothering her and she's been trying to warn him off this whole time without success. It was a minor bite, just a scratch, but it was on his forehead. She's a timid thing, but so sweet. So, naturally, I'm in love. :tongue: And yes, I was very attached to Lamont. He was just fantastic. Very much a go-anyway-do-anything, down-for-whatever, eager-to-please type of dog. Good energy levels, sweet and affectionate, snuggly... What was there to not love?

Oh, I'm not denying that there's talent/skill involved. I was initially not into photography at all, never took pictures, and would never have been able to get as good of pictures as I can now. But it's really only a small amount of talent/skill as far as getting the picture. Editing also takes some talent/skill, but it can be learned.

Apparently Keanu is going to foster on Saturday. It'll probably be good for him, but I'll miss him. It'll be weird without him. Yes, very full. Two new kittens today and two being returned tomorrow, I think. Moose, the great Pyrenees, is also being returned on Saturday. :( Apparently the adopter is allergic.

Well, maybe I'll just have ferals after these guys. These ones are all kinda mean to each other. Though the cats in the shelter aren't quite as mean. There are some, for sure, but most of them get along.

Our chats are always great. Even just talking about nothing important is great. I love talking about the animals, but my mom gets tired of it. I can tell.

It's a work-in-progress.

He's beautiful and honestly better than I'd have expected from a dog that was dumped. He comes when called, sits, sometimes drops the ball. I'm not sure how long the people who found him kept him, if they worked with him or if maybe he had a good home at some point and was lost or stolen. He is absolutely nuts though. Crazy energy, comes out like a bulldozer, jumps like crazy. He's fun, but definitely needs some work. When he calms down, he's so sweet and affectionate though.

She was. I can't even get over it. She was so soft too.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really having computer issues today. :(

Agreed. Ughhhhhhh. That is really sad. She sounds gorgeous. She will find a home. Sad though. I am in love too. :/ Agreed on Lamont!!!

Interesting. It is in the eye I think. Some people have it, some don't. Editing I can see more but still think it is just in a person.

Oh wow. Yes, it will be good for him. Two returned. :( Awwww, poor Moose. But he will get adopted.

Hahahaha, well, it works for me. :) Your cats are good though. Yes, there will always be some ornery ones.

AGREED!!! Hahahaha, do we ever really talk about nothing though? Yeah, she probably does but she does have a lot on her mind as well. SO it is good to have someone else to talk about animals!! Someone that loves it as much as you do!! :)

Everything is w work in progress really. That is really what life is........................The fact you recognize it is great. Not everyone does. :/

Awwwwwwwww, he will be just fine. :) Wow, who would dump a dog like him??? Something strange about it. :/

Awwwwwwwwwww. understandable.

I am having a lot of issues with the computer again so I may not be on. I will get on when I can. Arghhhhhhhhhh.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The site was slow for me yesterday.

She will, but I just hope it's the right home. And she doesn't break down in the shelter first. It's hard with a dog with a bite history even if it wasn't a bad bite. We don't really know why she bit either which makes it harder. I have my theories, but there's no way to prove them. I really like her though I've only met her once. She's sweet, but definitely insecure.

I think, like nearly anything, anyone could learn to do photography if they wanted to, but it is helpful to have a talent for it and I think most people enjoy doing the things they have the talent for. Editing is a lot more skill than talent, I'd say. It takes some talent to know what looks good, but it takes skill to get the picture there.

I like my little angry boy, but he's definitely been moved around quite a bit lately and having a more stable home would be better. I feel like them sending him to foster is pretty much admitting he won't get adopted though. They don't typically send cats (excluding young kittens) to foster because they don't get seen or adopted then. The last thing Moose needs is to get passed around though. It's hard and stressful for him to even meet people. I wish we were in the situation to take him because I would. Though I'd like to take the GSD x husky too.

They're good with people. Fine with dogs. Just mean to each other. Which causes stress for everyone.

Well, not everything we talk about is really important. Those things are good too. She definitely does. Yes, it's great. I think most people get tired of me talking about animals, so someone who doesn't is nice to have. That way I bother everyone else less.

Yes, he will be, but it's unfortunate that his energy and lack of manners will limit what homes he can go to. He won't be a good option for young kids (possibly some older kids too!) and smaller woman will likely have a hard time handling him (like me!). I think anyone would have a hard time handling him, honestly. Probably someone who said, "Wow, look at this cute dog!" and then said, "Wow, I can't handle this crazy dog!"

That's fine. I have work the next four days, so will probably be limited in time anyway.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting. :/

Agreed and agreed. Yes, it is hard. I think I am probably thinking the same as you but we have no idea how to prove it. :/ Your impression of her is probably spot on. I think she will be fine.

Well, yes, learning to do it BUT to excel at it I think takes a certain talent. Every one can write poems but not all can be great poets. Agreed we enjoy what we are good at. Interesting on editing..........

Yes. Do you really think a foster limits adoption? I thought the opposite. :/ Oh, I see your point. Poor Moose. :/ Awwwwwww. He must be special.

:/ Well, they are cats. They aren't that mean though...................... But any tension is stressful. :(

Really? Hmmmmmmm Hahahahaha, too funny!!

That still does leave a lot of people though!! Good to know that so he does find the right home.

Today is a little better. Well, it was bad this morning but good now. Fingers crossed.

Ok, work hard. :) Talk later.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They put on the owner surrender form that she's had resource guarding issues over food and toys, but we haven't had any issues in the shelter. She doesn't usually finish her food and we go get the bowl out. She just lays there. Very sweet, very gentle dog. Couldn't even imagine her being aggressive. Though there was another dog I said the same and he was euthanized for attacking someone... But she's really great. Quiet, affectionate, calm, playful. I've hung out in her kennel for a bit and she just wants belly rubs. She's a bit skittish though. Jumpy. Apparently, she's going home tomorrow. I think the people who adopted her sister are taking her. I'm not sure how I feel about that, to be honest. She's great though. I'd take her home.

See, and I'd say almost the opposite (oh no, we don't agree!). I think talent gives you a boost, an edge, a head start, but it only gets you so far. Sure, it's great to have, but if you don't practice and learn then you won't improve. Talent is nice, but motivation is more important. I do think talent gives some motivation though. I had no talent for drawing. I'm still not great, but I've gotten better.

That was what I was told, but I can understand it. Dogs go to events and come to the shelter for meets. That would be too much stress for the cats and fosters might not want people coming to their homes. Keanu did go to foster though. His foster apparently also has his brother who was kept in foster when the rest of the litter came to the shelter because he was still too skittish.

Moose is having a hard time adjusting to the shelter again. :( He seems to be getting a little better, but the first day was terrible. He barked whenever a door opened and whined almost constantly. I was there when the lady brought him back. She was being sniffly and acting sad. Maybe I'm terrible but I really don't have much sympathy for her, especially after listening to Moose cry and watching him pace his kennel. She knew she had allergies when she got a dog, she kept him for almost a week after she decided to return him, and she looked perfectly fine to me. Can't be very serious allergies. I think most of us at the shelter have gotten attached to Moose, seeing how he started, how he's changed and grown, and he's come to trust us. He's such a sweet, affectionate, loving, goofy guy. He deserves the absolute best and yet is just let down.

Frost just hissed at Ember for walking by him to get on my lap. And Ember was surprisingly nice because it's usually her hissing at him! Weird cats.

Oh, gosh, Roscoe. I swear he's worse each time I take him out. I almost can't get him out of the kennel. I told my manager that he needs to be included in the training they're doing with the trainers. He's just so much and he's so strong. I love him, but he's a pain. Literally and metaphorically. I take him into the yard and he'll jump on me constantly and mouth me, and he won't stop unless I grab one of the shakers we have out there which I hate doing because they do really scare him, but you just can't control him any other way.

That's good. I hope things get better with the computer. I'm off work until Christmas and no school until January 10th.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmmmm. Something doesn't sound right (with humans). You don't like her going home with her sister?

:O We don't agree!!! Oh my!!! ;) I agree a person needs motivation, hard work as well. But talent does go a long way.......... ;)

That makes sense. Oh, with his brother. Interesting. Keanu should find a great home, I hope so. The foster seems to know what they are doing.

Poor Moose. I agree with you on the person. :/ He should find the right home though. No reason why he shouldn't. Ughhhhhh, so sad...................

Hahahaha, yep. Cats!!!!!

:( Oh no. Yes, he needs training.

It is s weird, some days it is ok, some days horrible. It seems like the ads on the site cause the issues for me. :(

Oh nice, enjoy the time off!!! You will probably really miss the animals. :/ But nice no school!!!! :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, not right at all. It's so weird to me that they would be so casual and laughing about their child being bit like it's nothing and yet still returning the dog. If it was nothing, then why return the dog? If was serious then why laugh about it? Doesn't seem to me it's right for the dog or the child. I didn't meet the two dogs when they were in the shelter before, but from what I've heard they were very codependent and both very shy/nervous. Maybe after a year they've both become independent enough to be okay, but if they're that attached to each other then I'd imagine it could be hard for them to form a relationship with a person and if they don't have that relationship with a person then how can anyone help them build confidence?

Talent is a great boost, but, in my opinion, not necessary. I do think there is a link between talent and motivation and desire to do something.

I hope so. Or maybe the lady will just keep him. Sounds like she has enough cats. What's one more? You barely know he's there. The foster does a lot with bottle babies and feral kittens, so she's probably the right person to take him. I kinda miss the angry little boy though. Who else will meow at me, hiss at me, and then reach out and touch my finger?

Apparently, Moose was adopted again. Seems kinda quick to me. I'm happy for him, but it just seems odd that it took so long to find the first home and now he's gone again in less than a week. I hope this dog doesn't keep getting passed around.

Roscoe needs a lot of training. He needs it seven months ago.

I don't get a ton of ads on this site. Might be worth trying a different antivirus? I know I saw a difference between Avast and Eset with preventing pop-up ads and the like.

I always miss the animals. Three of my favorites got adopted this week without me being there to say goodbye.