Struggling With Play Time

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Before I forget. I saw a TV ad for I think Fresh Pet and there was a dog that looked exactly like Osiris on it. STUNNING!!!

Awwwww, Dingo. I can see that name. She is super cute. He did so well. I am not surprised it took a little time. But he did really well, he loved her.

Yes, cats do have a different tolerance. :/

SO TRUE!!! My one girl LOVES breads, etc. My others don't. Some of mine loves the peas in the wet food, other don't. I guess it is like humans, we all like different things at times.

Yes, that is not surprising. I don't know what it is but I have had dogs like that as well.

Yes, agreed. That is good that they are so good.

Makes sense. Yes, have to be careful with pups. Yes, GSs are prone to it for whatever reason. :/

Yes. I am so happy he is doing better. He is smart, no doubt.

Yes, I was surprised you tried to be honest. But the fact you did told me you were confident. And the other dog was perfect. Yes, always good to be careful. Yes, he sure looked really agile. He is so gorgeous. And he moves so well. So cool.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah? It's funny how you get a new dog (or car or whatever else) and all of sudden identical ones are everywhere. We've seen a couple up for adoption on Facebook.

She is cute. I think I might've liked her as much as Si did. He did do well. I was proud.

Ash loves bread and any sort of bread-y sweets like cookies. Ember likes bread too and a few veggies. Frost is picky. He'll eat any dog food and most cat foods, but turns his nose up to most human foods.

Poor Stella always seems confused if I accidentally hurt her. Her first instinct when she gets hurt is to run to me, but then I'm the one who hurt her and she's reluctant to get close to me again. She recovers quickly though and does seem to know it wasn't intentional, but she does tend to react more than Osiris.

Yeah, it's hard to decide how careful to be with pups though. Everyone has a different idea. Something high impact like agility is definitely bad, but some people don't even allow jumping on or off of furniture. Si was already big enough to pretty much just walk on or off the couch when we got him. We didn't have an option when it came to stairs since he was too big to be carried, but we don't have many.

I was a bit nervous taking him over to play with Dingo because I didn't know what his play style would be and am not familiar with his body language in that sort of situation, but I had a feeling that if I was going to do it then this was a good dog to do it with. Not just a good dog, but a good person too. Dingo's owner was very understanding and reassuring. I think Dingo surprised us both, though, with how aware she seemed to be of what Si needed. I would like to get him into some agility. He still has a couple of months to go before we can get serious about it, but he still needs to make some more progress with his reactivity first anyway.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep. :) So true. Really? I never get the opportunity. I guess it always happens, when you can there isn't anyone/anything and when you can't they are all around. :(

She really is. And a sweet personality. Awwwwww. He did really well, you should be very proud. :)

Awwww, She, like my girl. And the funny thing is they say cats can't taste sweet. My girl loves it. :( Frost sounds like my one boy. Same thing. :/

Yes, that is normal (how Stella responds). Some think an accident is intentional. :( Good that she rebounds quickly. Some will hold grudges. :/

Yes. AND it is hard to be careful as some will do anything. It is hard. All we can do is our best.

Yes, I can see that. Yes, she was the perfect dog for him. And he did so well. I would have been nervous as well because you never know. But she was great and he responded so well. I would continue to be careful but Osiris is such an amazing dog. He is just on a different level it seems than most his age. Impressive. Yes, agreed on agility. But he sure look good so far. He might just surprise you. The thing about him is I think he may be too smart. :/

Soooooo cool.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we found what looked like Si's long lost sister. I think she was a bit older though. But she had that same puppy-ish face he has.

He's been doing so well around other dogs now too. I was afraid playing with a dog might make him excited around them, but he's been very well behaved.

It is weird they say cats can't taste sweets and yet Ash seems to like them. But they seem to be bread-y sorts of things too. Maybe an ingredient in them? He likes cakes, cookies, breads, etc. Frost is an odd one. I'm not sure what it is about dog food that's so appealing, but he's the only one who doesn't like the beef liver treats I got.

I think Stella knows it's an accident, but she doesn't expect me to hurt her so it scares her either way. She just seems a bit confused for a second. She's almost too forgiving though. Don't think she could hold a grudge if her life depended on it.

Indeed. I decided to go kind of in the middle with Si. I didn't want to do anything to mess up his hips, but I didn't want him to miss out on being exposed to new things either. I think it takes quite a bit to really do damage.

She was a lovely little dog. Oh yes, I still don't plan on making him playing with other dogs a big thing. Maybe he'll get to see her again, but I don't have any way of contacting the lady or knowing when/if she'll be there. And I don't want Si getting used to playing with just any dog. I don't mind him having a friend or two, but definitely don't care to throw him into a yard with a bunch of dogs. I've read too many horror stories about dog parks and especially GSDs going to dog parks. He'll do anything for food, so I'm pretty sure I can teach him agility no problem. The issue would be if he has the motivation to run the course fast enough for competition. But either way, it'll be a good way to bond and work as a team.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwww, i LOVE that look!!! SO cool.

Wow, amazing. Yes, sometimes they do get too excited, that is amazing. But he is really, really smart. But still, that is really incredible he is doing so well.

I know. I don't get it. I swear mine likes sweets and of course bready things as well. Could be an ingredient but what? Hmmmmmm I think sometimes the dog food is the "grass is greener" theory. :/ Yeah, beef liver usually work BUT some don't like beef so........ BUT it is really liver so????? But I have found that with cats as well and it blows me away. I can't understand it. :/

Yes. Awwwwwww, what a sweetie.

That is good. Yes, I think so. Judging by how they do things when young and we can't stop them it must have to be pretty serious to do damage.

Yes, I am totally with you on that. I am not a dog park person either. :/ It would be nice if he could see her again but it does happen, we have no way to contact them so it tends to be luck. I don't like my dogs to be playing with any dog either. Mine it is fine but then a short list after that. I am too protective.

Yes, food motivated is great for that. Yes, he would have to have the motivation. And for really smart dogs that can be an issue. I agree, it will be great for bonding (not that you really need that though, he is totally bonded to you already). :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is cute. Maybe not as "intimidating" as a more mature looking dog, but very cute. I didn't think I'd ever call a big GSD cute, but Osiris is very cute.

It's just like a complete transformation. It's amazing seeing where he started off at and where he's at now. Even though I've been working for this for so long, it's like now that it's happening I can't believe it's even possible to change so much.

I'm not sure. It is odd. I know Ash really liked licking the icing off of our cake... Frost likes cat food just fine too. There's been a couple he doesn't like, but not many. But I haven't seen him turn his nose up to any kind of dog food so far. All the other animals love the beef liver. It's a favorite of theirs. But not his.

I was always worried about the foster pups. I think it's even scarier with a puppy you aren't keeping. I didn't want to cause issues for their adopters. But it's impossible to stop them from doing everything. Leon almost walked right off the couch a couple of times... I'll be happy to not have to worry so much with Si.

I'm always a bit torn because I don't want my dog(s) playing at the dog park, but I want to play at the dog park... I like playing with other people's dogs. I'm too worried about things going wrong and plus I don't want my dog to be focused on other dogs. We did see Dingo two Sundays in a row so they might go there every Sunday or at least most Sundays, but I'm not sure. We usually go whichever day is nicer. Even if I knew though, he could only play with her if there weren't any other dogs there.

Food motivation is definitely good for training, but can't use it for competitions if we chose to do that. No food allowed. Most people use toys as rewards, but Si hasn't been hugely toy motivated. Well, can't have too much bonding. I have found the more fun we have, the more he actually wants to listen to me and do things for me. I'm hoping agility will actually help motivate him if I can get him to think it's a lot of fun.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, totally agree. Cute in GSs is rare but you do see it. BUT I would say Osiris is a bit more than cute. He has that regal, handsome, youthful look. Hard to explain but THAT is rare. He is really amazing looking.

Yes, agreed. Great parenting combined with him being who he is. REALLY special.

Yep. Mine too. :/ Yes, some of my cats are a bit picky but overall they are pretty good. Cats............

Totally agree. :/ Yes, the last thing you want is for the dog to have issues down the road and the people give up on them. :(

I know!!! Me too. I LOVE other people's dogs but I always worry about my dogs and other dogs. :/ My dogs a re a bit too protective as well so.................... Ohhhh, that would be nice to see Dingo. But yes, if there are other dogs it complicates it. :/ Hopefully he gets to see Dingo soon though.

Yes, food makes it so much easier. It is interesting jhe more fun the more he responds. Fingers crossed that works. It would be wonderful if he would love it but if he doesn't then it is the way it is meant to be. :/ Fingers crossed.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a rather unique dog. I'm always switching what I'm calling him whether it's handsome, pretty, cute, etc. I don't know how he does it.

It's pretty amazing. I worked on reactivity with Stella, but she never did completely get over it and it took much, much longer.

Indeed. Cats...

Yeah, I don't know how the other fosters can be so casual and carefree about it. It was fun, but it was a lot of work and could be stressful trying to figure out what the best way to raise the pups was. I never intended on having any of them sleeping in my bed either though Lamont kind of ruined that...

Yep. I love playing with other dogs and getting to know them. And seeing those two GSD pups? Oh goodness, I really wanted to play with them. They were so beautiful. We did go to the dog park today. Dingo was not there, but there were a ton of other dogs. So we started from further away and got closer and closer. Si did struggle a bit at first. I'm not sure if it was because there were so many dogs everywhere or because my mom was nearby whereas she usually hangs back or because I didn't give him as much of a chance to walk and sniff, but he had a bit of a hard time. And there was one dog in the park that if we got too close, she'd run up to the fence and bark at us. Barking doesn't really bother Si, but he doesn't like it when they pay too much attention to him. He got over it though and by the end, he did really well. We were walking just a few feet from the fence with dogs coming up wanting to say hi.

I hope he likes it. It doesn't have to be something we do all the time, but I'd like to at least get into it a bit.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's some pictures to compare Si to a GSD and to a greyhound. I drew red lines where I'm referring to when I say he doesn't look pure GSD.

20210423_154100.jpg
20210423_153944.jpg

German Shepherd.jpg
Greyhound.jpg

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I can kinda see it though I wonder how much is weight/maturity and hair. I guess is you compare a greyhound with a dobie they would look similar too. I do see what you mean. Interesting.

He really is. Hahaha, I always think of "Regal" when I see him. He just looks like Royalty to me. He has that air to him. I think all those cover him. ;)

Interesting but I am not surprised. Osiris is really smart I think. I just get that sense. He just seems to know things, not sure how.

Hahahaha, yep. :/

I know but it is hard to think ahead for most people and you are very conscientious. It is hard and emotionally it is hard. Ooooooooo, you never told me that. ;)

Yes!!!! Oh my, yes, 2 pups is too awesome!!! Awwww, no Dingo. :( I LOVE that name. With so many dogs I am not surprised. Oh my, one dog ran up and barked. That would set my dogs off. :/ Yes, exactly, if they pay attention it can trigger a response. Oh wow, he got over it???? THAT is amazing. And he did really well? WOW!!! I did not expect that judging by how you were writing. Wow, that is amazing. Awesome!!! Walking a few feet and the dogs would come up and he is ding well? Amazing. He is just so smart, he just seems to learn so fast.

He might, will be interesting to see. I hope so too for him and you.

BY the way, Osiris is way more handsome, gorgeous, regal than either the GS or the greyhound. No offense to those other dogs but Osiris is way more attractive, etc. Like way more........................... He is perfection in my eyes. His look is honestly my dream dog. :/

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, his weight and fur are some of the things that seem more sighthound-ish to me. You can tell that GSD has a much thicker, denser, and longer coat that Osiris and that seems to be typical of GSDs. I originally thought it was a maturity thing, but I've seen two 6 month old GSDs up close and they much more like the one in the photo than Osiris. Now the GSD in the photo looks like a showline. Maybe I should try to find a picture of a working line as they are a bit different, but it's hard to find pictures of purebreds GSDs in which the dog isn't stacked. Doesn't do much good to compare to a dog that's stacked.

He still seems like a bit of a goof to me, but sometimes he does seem regal. He can seem very serious too. It all just depends on his mood and the angle really.

Stella is a pretty smart little dog, but she did live with her reactivity longer. It wasn't a problem the first year of her life because she was never around bigger dogs and I didn't know what to do about it when I first got it. It was probably a year or two after getting her that I started really getting into the training. So it might be my fault she couldn't get over it or as quickly. I have more experience now.

It is very difficult. I think the one good thing about having two foster pups is that you're so busy doing things with them both than you can't really bond to either of them. I mean, I loved them all, but Lamont was the only one I had bonded with and he was the only one I had alone. And he's the only one I did and do want to keep for myself. Ah, yes. I felt bad for him after his brother was adopted. He wasn't used to sleeping alone and woke up cold even with two heating packs in there. They'd get cold after a couple of hours and he'd wake me up crying. So he slept in my bed for probably close to a week and a half.

Yes, I like the name too. There were a lot of dogs there. Not just in the dog park, but on the trails too. We could barely get out of the vehicle because there were dogs everywhere. Barking, fortunately, isn't a trigger for Osiris, but with it being aimed directly at him he wasn't a fan. The dog would lose interest until we got a bit closer and then would bark again and then move on, etc. I didn't expect him to get over it either to be honest. I was about ready to pack up and call it a day, but I'm bad about pushing when I shouldn't push. This time it worked out because he did get better and ended up doing well. I was glad we were able to end on a good note.

It will be interesting. I'm still not sure if he'll like it or not.

Oh, yes. I definitely prefer Osiris. I do prefer working line GSDs over show lines though and I'm pretty sure that one is a show line.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a working line GSD. They tend to be a bit leaner than show lines, have straighter backs, and shorter/thinner fur though there are long haired working lines. But the coat still isn't quite and thin and smooth as Si's. The muzzle is shorter and broader with more a dip in front of the eyes. Not as prominent of a tuck as Si either.

Working Line GSD.jpg

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That to me like like a mature Osiris. Just fuller, more mature. You think on the muzzle? Yeah the tuck but again it may be maturity. I will say that picture (working line) IS more attractive to me. I didn't realize there were two kinds. :/ I MUCH prefer the look of the working line.

I don't see the sighthound. :/ And the personality.......................

Really? I know I heard you call him "a dork" in the video. I didn't see that but....... I thought he looked really sure of himself and regal. BUT you know him in all settings. Being a goof is actually cool. I like a bit of a personality. I could see him as serious. Yes, it does depend on mood and angle. He is photogenic!!

She does seem smart. Yes, that makes sense. BUT I do think some of it comes from size as well.

Yes, very difficult. Hmmmmmmm, are you sure about that bonding???? ;) Ahhhhh, yes, you did admit Lamont. :) Awwwwwwwww, that is really sweet. I know you love him. I am glad he went to a good home.

Wow, it sounds overwhelming and he did so well. That other dog needs a bit of work. ;) I am glad you didn't leave early, it was good you challenged him as he did so well. Very impressive!!

Yes. I don't know either. The smarter they are the less likely BUT he seems like he is capable of anything. Will be very interesting.

Hahahaha, you do too!!! I didn't know there were two kinds but when I saw the working line I was like "beautiful"!!! I shouldn't be surprised we prefer the same dogs............ ;)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that's why I thought it was a maturity thing, but after seeing pups way younger than him I don't think it is. I don't think he's going to change that much. He might fill out a bit, but not that much. He's past the rapid growth phase. I've seen a few different GSD pups up close and have seen pictures of many others. It's not just a couple of them that look more mature than Osiris. It's most, if not all, of them.

Well he's not going to look just like a sighthound. I think we can both agree he's not a purebred greyhound. But his tuck is more prominent, his back his shaped a bit more like the greyhound's, and he has that thin muzzle. Not as thin as a greyhound's, but thinner than a GSDs. And he's a couch potato. Poor dog is too hot to lay on the couch now though.

He can be pretty dorky... He's young. I expect him to be a dork. I didn't expect him to be serious or regal. One of the things I love about GSDs is how serious and hard working they are and yet so goofy. He's gotten more agile and calmer though. Honestly, he might be almost too serious and calm.

She's smart, but she also has her insecurities. Most people wouldn't guess she's actually a bit of a jumpy scared-y cat because she's confident and friendly with people, but she's a soft dog.

Haha, yes, I'm sure. I loved my fosters very much, but it wasn't the sort of bond I have with my own animals. There's an attachment, of course, because I put so much time and effort into them and they lived with me, but there was no desire to keep three of my fosters. Lamont was a different case. That pup was absolutely amazing and I still miss him very much.

Yeah, can't say I don't expect to get barked at when by a dog park though. It did make things a little more difficult, but Si got over it and the other dog got over it. I do need to work on not pushing things so much, but for that one instance I'm glad I did. Next time I want to do things a little differently, but it was hard with the dogs all over the place. We usually see several walking around, but not that many.

Right now I'm thinking he'll enjoy learning it if only for the rewards, but I don't think he'll do great with running the full course. But we'll see. Maybe he'll surprise me.

Oh, yes. I love the working line GSDs. Part of why I go back and forth on whether or not I should get a purebred GSD is because I'm not sure I could settle for a show line, but working lines are very intense. There are lines within those two lines too, depending on where they're from though many breeders mix lines, and they all have some variations, but are also all recognizable as GSDs.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's what I think is a Czech working line GSD. Looks a little more like Si in build, but still less of a tuck. Plus I don't think they're as common, so less likely to be found on the streets.

Czech Working Line.jpg

Also, I had to share this video of Ember actually both Si. Never thought I'd see the day he got tired of her attention.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That video is ADORABLE, AMAZING!!!! Whoa, they just absolutely LOVE each other!!! People need to see how cute that is!!!

Wow, I LOVE the Czech working GS. Now we are talking!!! Tuck look the same to me. Yes, maybe they are less common. You should see if any are around you. I still wonder if someone did something to get back at someone. :/

Yes, makes sense. BUT he sure does look like the Czech dog. He s going to fill out. Will be interesting to see what he looks like then. He sure acts mature. :)

Do you have greyhound breeders around you? He looks more Czech to me but as you say they seem more rare. Interesting.

Hahahaha, I wish I could see him dorky. :/ I like that. Really? You didn't expect that? I thought GSs are more serious or regal. I still think he is more regal than serious. He just has that "something". He just seems so regal. Like royalty. It is hard to explain, do you see that at all? Serious is boring, kind of no personality while regal has that personality bursting out but is, I don't know, regal. :/ I just don't know how to explain it. It is like meeting someone really important, successful, etc. They just have "it" and people just can tell they are something special.

Awwwwww, smaller dogs do have those insecurities often. I like her and I think she is gorgeous. She seemed like a bigger dog in the videos. :/

Yes. I know, you love Lamont. :/ It is hard.

It was impressive. Yes, it is very hard with so many and so many different personalities. I think you did a great job and will in the future.

Interesting. Yes, we will see. Exciting.

Yes, I can see why. I am totally into the working lines now. I never knew the difference. I can understand. Show lines just don't have "it" (at least to me) but if the working line is intense that might not work for me either. :/ Maybe I will try to find a rescue in the working line. Maybe the personality will be what I want and the reason they are a rescue. :/ I do want a Czech line. :/

I just can't get over the video. I knew they were close but I am shocked they are that close. Osiris was meant to be. Amazing how destiny works. She just loves him. THAT is SPECIAL!! I never would have thought that when you got him. My heart melted when I saw that video.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are pretty cute. It's funny how Ember just doesn't have any sense of how dangerous Si could be. She just walks up to him and flops down on his face, but also slaps and hisses at him when he bugs her. Neither of them seem to realize who would win in an actual fight. Definitely ruins the stereotype of dogs and cats not getting along.

They are pretty dogs. This dog is stacked which makes it harder to compare because it's not the dog's true stance. You can see her (it looks female to me) legs are further back which gives the back a more sloping appearance. She probably has a pretty straight back. Si's pic isn't perfect for comparisons either because it was straight from the side. He had his butt angled towards me, but it was the best I could get. His tuck is a bit more prominent than it is in that picture. I only know of one GSD breeder around here who breeds for pet GSDs. Definitely not Czechs. Czech GSDs aren't extremely common and especially pure Czechs. A lot of breeders mix lines. West German/Czech seems to be a fairly common mix among working lines, but I'd say they're working lines are less known/common than show lines.

I'm honestly not aware of any greyhound breeders, but I can't say I've looked either. But he could also be something like a GSD/greyhound x GSD where the greyhound came from somewhere else. Perhaps a GSD with some greyhound in it was bought by a BYB and bred to another GSD. Another thing to consider is black is a somewhat uncommon color in GSDs and it would both parents would have to carry the gene for it to have black offspring.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wish he was dorky more often! Seems he's kind of lost that a bit. I didn't expect such a young dog to be so serious. I wouldn't say he doesn't seem to have a personality, but he can be very hard to read. Sometimes I don't know if he's enjoying something or just tolerating it. The only thing that really gets him excited is food and even that seems to fade quick. I think it's hard to see him as "royalty" when he gives me pathetic puppy eyes. Maybe like a sulking prince? Sometimes, yes, he seems regal. Sometimes, like when he comes up the stairs too fast and falls, he seems rather clumsy and awkward. Sometimes he looks like he's moping over something and I don't know what.

She's a pretty little dog. 13lbs and pretty round. Like lean like Si. I can't say I've seen many (or any) dogs her size. They're pretty much all smaller or bigger than her. A lot more solid than most Chis though. I've carried her home from the park and she gets heavy fast.

He was a lovely little dog.

We're both still learning, but hopefully we'll get better and better. Once he's good at this dog park then I want to start finding new ones to work around.

I'm not huge on show lines of most breeds. They tender be larger, bulkier dogs. The show line GSDs are often that black and tan saddle back too which I'm not a fan of. Working lines come in that color too, but the sable like the pictures I showed you are much more common. Plus the solid black is more common in the working lines too. It does kind of suck because the working lines are beautiful dogs and people who work their dogs are definitely breeding for good health, conformation, and temperament, but they were bred to work. They do need a job and quite a bit of exercise.

I can assure you Si definitely does not have the temperament of a Czech GSD. Or a working line GSD. Maybe not any GSD. I filled a baby pool with water today because it was too hot to do much else. He just wanted to go back inside. I got a ball and he had no interest. He'd get in the pool for food, but he just kept going back to the door. I didn't know I could be more outdoorsy than a GSD.

It's still back and forth a lot. Some days Ember doesn't act like she likes him at all and others she loves him. She's been super cranky lately even with me which is very unusual. She's actually growled at me and that's never happened before. So today has been the first day in a while that I've seen her seeking his attention. I wouldn't have thought it either.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, pretty cute????? Hahahaha, they are of the charts ADORABLE!!!! :)

Cats are very good judges of character. I am guessing she knows he could be dangerous but knows him. She is too funny!!! Plops on his face then at other times disciplines him. Hahahaha I love it. They were meant to be together. :) Yep, it is so funny. Especially a big GS and a tortie. Always cracks me up when I see an interesting combo.

Oh my, gorgeous dog!!! I don't understand the term "stacked". I guess it is that pose? Yes, it is hard to compare. Yes, pictures are hard to compare for a lot of reasons. :/ His tuck is more prominent? Interesting on the breeders. :/ Oh my, I LOVE the Czech line. :/

Hmmmm, if there aren't any around (and I think they are very uncommon) where would that gene come from? Do greyhounds ever come in black? Yes, black is uncommon in GSs so that is another reason why I thought he was bred specifically for that. It is interesting how complicated it really is to figure out.

Right?? Dorky is really cute. Yes, they do lose that. :/ See, I don't see him as serious as I do regal. I see massive personality in Osiris whereas in a lot of GSs I see that boring, serious personality. That is why I call Osiris "regal". He is just like head and shoulders above most other GSs. Exactly, "regal" is hard to read. I wish I could explain it more. :/ Hahahaha, he has those "pathetic puppy eyes"? Hahahaha, yep, he lets his regal guard down at times!!!! Hahahahaha. I guess he is young so yes, sulking Prince. He will be King one day. ;) Ahhhhh, so you do see that regal thing I am seeing. Hahahaha, yep, stumbling is that puppy phase still. :) Hmmmmm, moping. I guess you see him all the time. I can't imagine seeing him like that. :/

She is gorgeous. I love her shape. She looked bigger than 13lbs. Yes, they do get heavy fast. :/

Yes. :/

You both will. :) Yes, that will be fun.

Interesting. I don't know a lot about showlines but judging by what I have learned form you and how you view them I think I wouldn't like them either. :/ Ooooooooo, working lines are more sable? Cool. Solid black is still my fave. Oh, I didn't realize working lines have to work (basically). :( At my age that would be impossible to do. :( Lookswise they are perfection to me. :/

He probably wanted to get back in because it was too hot. He doesn't do well in the heat. Maybe he just has to get used to it? He hasn't gone through a summer yet and you get it pretty cold in the winter it seems.

Really? Maybe she is frustrated he doesn't want to always play with her? I think she has a boyfriend. ;) Or wants one. Wow, she growled at you? Why? Interesting you didn't see her seeking him out either. I mean that video shows me that she LOVES him!!! That was wild and so cool!! Did you post it to the part of the site that videos go on? People need to see that video. Warms up the heart and brings smiles. :)

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess they are kinda adorable. ;)

We definitely know who's boss between the two of them. She's such a dainty little thing too. She'd just about fit in his mouth!

Yeah, stack is the pose. They use it in conformation shows to show off the dog's angles. All breeds are stacked for shows, but a lot of breeders even of working lines will stack their dogs for pictures. It makes the back look longer and more sloped than they actually are. Si looks like a skinny GSD, but I don't think he's really that skinny and I don't think he's going to fill out that much. It'll be interesting to see just how much he does fill out though.

There could've been some traveling involved. Perhaps a backyard breeder bought a GSD/greyhound cross from somewhere else to breed. Yes, black is an accepted color in the greyhound standard. They're going to be more common than Czech GSDs and they're more likely to be in irresponsible hands what with the greyhound racing. It wouldn't be all that surprising if one of those dogs got out and bred. And I've been using greyhounds as an example because they're more common and well-known than most other sighthound breeds, but there are other sighthounds and pretty much any of them could've contributed the thinner, leaner build and narrower muzzle.

I don't think Si ever comes off as just one thing really. I can see the regal, I can see the serious, and I can see the dorky. He's friendly, aloof, affectionate, independent, fun-loving, lazy... I think a lot of GSDs can come off as serious and lacking in personality to outsiders, but are often the total opposite with their person. It takes a lot of time getting to know them and their quirks. I'm still learning about Osiris myself. Yes, those eyes... That's when he still seems so young to me and it doesn't look like he's matured at all. He looks sad at times, but I don't think he is. It's just the expression he has.

Yes, I'm happy she's not a dainty little Chi like many of them are.

Show line dogs are typically better in pet homes because they're calmer and less intense, but there's a lot more fear there (for me, anyway) because you're buying from someone who's trying to win what's essentially a beauty pageant. I have nothing against conformation shows in general, but they don't always encourage what's best for the dogs and some people can take it too far. Working line dogs were bred to work which means they need to be healthy enough to work and have the proper temperament for their work. Some working lines are more intense, some less, but they are all bred to work.

Yeah, but it was instant. Like, he walked out and turned around to go back in. Even after getting him wet (and the water was cold!) he just wanted back in. I'm not sure what we're going to do this summer. We are hoping to move to a bigger house in a couple of months or so, but that's still a ways to go and our house isn't big enough to do much inside.

He's pretty much always happy to give her attention. This was the first time I've seen him move away from her. She's growled at me a few times for moving her and has growled for no apparent reason while laying on my lap. She picks fights with Frost too and she would never act aggressive towards him before. No, I haven't posted the video anywhere else yet.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a picture of Si and Stella. She's tiny compared to him.
20210326_184538.jpg