Struggling With Play Time

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so nice you love him. I know he would be in good hands.

Wow, that is great!! She must feel comfortable. Wonderful. It is good to accept and move forward and not think of the "what ifs". Hard to do sometimes though.

Wow, really? Cool. In addition to the vet clinic or in place of? Just make sure you can balance with school. Good luck!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's easy to love. He's a giant sweetheart.

Yeah, it's nice to see that she can settle so well. I still miss her though. But mostly I just hope she doesn't get brought back. I'd hate to think what being dumped again would do to her.

In place of. I did consider trying to do both (mostly because I feel bad quitting, but also because more money), but I don't see that being possible. Plus, I'm getting grant money that I get to keep, so there's no need to push myself to do two jobs. I like my job well enough, but it's low paying for hard work. I think the shelter will be more rewarding since it's more animal-based. I don't really work with a lot of animals at the clinic and, when I do, it really just means more work for me.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sure seems like it. Really cool. I know dogs like that, they just melt your heart.

So true. Understandable to miss her. Well, it doesn't seem like that will be the case. All up to the people really though. :/ Well, even dogs that have had tough loves still respond to the right person/family and love.

Ahhhhhhhh. Too bad for the clinic especially because they seem nice but it it is a lot of work I am sure and more "other" work rather than the fun animal stuff (and it can be hard around sick animals etc). Congrats on getting grant money!! THAT is awesome and well deserved!! Sounds like a good move. Just make sure you leave on a positive note with the vet. That vet seemed really good with the cats.

Fingers crossed for you. Exciting!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I definitely love the gentle giants!

She really was such a fun dog. Other than her anxiety and fear, she had the perfect mix of traits. Affectionate, but not clingy. Focused, but curious. Playful, but not over the top. I can't even say enough good about her and I still don't think I can portray her properly. Hopefully her family sees that too.

They are nice. I feel bad leaving especially since they've lost so many people recently, but I'm sort of hoping that's kind of normal for them. I can't imagine people wanting to keep this job long. I realize I'll probably being doing a lot of the same stuff at the shelter, but I'm hoping it'll be a little more animal-related. I'll get to walk dogs, play with them, etc. I really don't mind cleaning up after them. Picking up poop isn't fun, but it doesn't bother me. I'd just like to get to do some of the fun stuff too. Thank you! I don't want to leave on a bad note. I plan on continuing to use them for my animals.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I didn't realize you posted. I never got an update. :/

You have good taste!! Me too.

She sounds amazing. And fear and anxiety can definitely be helped whereas the other traits are not easily found. I can see why you fell for her. Hopefully they will.

Well, I am sure they understand and there is usually higher turnover in those jobs. They are more stops in progression than careers. Yes, having more interaction is more fun. Yes, no one likes cleaning up. :( We get used to it. Just boring, we need more. No, I know you will handle it well. Yes, they seem like they are really good vets. Nice to have that relationship.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's alright.

Haha. What's not to love?

I still miss Leia. :bawling2: But I guess things are going well. At least she hasn't been returned! I went up to the shelter today. I think they might've lied about the Dobbie. Some dogs were at an event, but their new dogs consist of two Rotties and shepherd mix with Rottie coloring. I'm guessing maybe they're labeling the shepherd mix as a shepherd x Dobbie? Does look like one though. But they had a couple of puppies at the shelter as well. One was adopted and taken home. The other was a beautiful shepherd mix. I think maybe German shepherd x husky? Definitely leans more towards the GSD, but not purebred. She was pretty and food motivated, but feisty. She had a ton of energy and just wanted to bite. Normal puppy basically, but she's quite big and her bites hurt.

So we had a bit of scare. To be honest, it's still a bit scary. I went to clean litter boxes and found a puddle of mostly just red on the mat in front of the boxes. I almost didn't know what it was because it was so red, but that would be Ash's pee. I had to cancel my interview Friday because I had to take Ash to the vet that morning and picked him up in the afternoon. I feel absolutely terrible that things were able to get so bad. I knew I should've taken him to the vet sooner. I had noticed he was grooming between his back legs excessively and there was one day it seemed like he might've been struggling to pee, but we put towels down for him to pee on and it all seemed normal. In fact, just a couple of days before finding the bloody pee, he had gone on the bag for my studio set up and it hadn't had any red in it. Admittedly, it was a bit weird since he hadn't gone on that before, but I was honestly surprised he hadn't. It seems like something he'd pee on. So I, like an idiot, thought he must be fine. And then I found that horribly bloody urine, and after that I started finding other places he'd been going. I guess we got too good about keeping towels picked up, so he had to get a bit creative. I feel terrible. I should've gotten him in right after I noticed something was off. But he's been to the vet, they're doing a culture, and I was given some anti-inflammatory pills to give him in the meantime. He already seems to be feeling better and hasn't even used the puppy pad I left out today. Yesterday he used it twice, both times bloody.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So true!!

I know. :/ It is hard but great to hear she is doing well in her new home. Oh wow, cool new dogs!!! Time to fall in love again........ ;)

:( Oh my, poor Ash. PLEASE don't be too hard on yourself. The main thing is you got him in and he is on his way to recovery. Good to hear he is feeling better now. That really is scary. Let us know how he is doing. I hope he gets better really soon.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm glad she didn't get stuck in the shelter. Though I probably would've tried to figure something out to at least foster her if she had. And I spoke to soon. They have a Doberman pincher that wasn't at the shelter when I was there. There's a lady who gets pictures of all the new dogs and she usually posts them all at once, but for some reason she was delayed on that dog, so I just saw pictures after I already posted. The puppy I met was super cute, but she'd drive poor Stella insane. She was already bigger than Stella. We did meet a GSD puppy that came in the same time Leia did, but the shelter director adopted her. She was super sweet and cute.

I feel so bad though. I can't imagine the pain he must've been going through. He seems to be doing better though. He's peed on the puppy pad a couple of times with no blood. I haven't heard from the vet yet. He said they'd call Saturday morning or else it would have to be Monday since they aren't open on Sunday. I kind of thought I would've heard yesterday since it seems likely he has an infection. They said they usually get results within 24 hours, but give it an extra 24 hours just in case if nothing has grown.

In other news, I went to my first dog show today. We'd had it planned for over a month. It was so much fun. I'm already planning the next one. I got to meet a cardigan corgi who is used as a therapy dog. I was allowed to pet her and the dog came over and laid against my leg and the lady said, "Oh, you must have some anxiety." I wasn't sure how to feel about that. But it got us talking about anxiety and having a service dog, etc. She said was a therapist and had lots of advice about what to do/look for. She talked about the cardigan corgis being good and then mentioned the Norwegian Buhunds that were nearby and so we ended up talking to those people and hung out with them for a while. They had three dogs and they were lovely. I really liked them. They're smaller than what I like, but overall good dog and sounded like a breed I could enjoy having. One of those ladies was also very involved and knowledgeable about dogs and breeds and what could be good as a service dog.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So true. Oh wow, let me know what you think of the dobbie pinch. Yes, some puppies can be too energetic. :/ Wow, the director is lucky. I am envious..........

I know but it happens. It is in the past and we can't do anything about the past. Just do your best going forward. Give him extra love. They seem good so I am sure they called today. Let us know. Poor Ash but at least he is getting better. Fingers crossed.

Wow, that sounds really cool AND educational. I can see that you loved the show!! The dog sounds amazing. I know corgis but I don't know cardigan corgis. They (service dogs) really are amazing dogs. All dogs are but those really trained are something really special. That could be another field you could go in to. I could see you training service dogs (or any dogs). Sounds like a really good time!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will once I see him. That puppy was a lot. We went to see her before we left and she had calmed down, but was still willing to play with a girl who was there. I'm envious too! No one even had a chance of adopting that pup. Lol. He had to of made that decision fast. No way a GSD pup would stick around long.

They didn't call! One thing they aren't great about is calling me back and I'm not sure why... This is the third time they were supposed to call and didn't. And I forgot to ask when I went to work last night. I'm sick and not at all in the right frame of mind.

I was really fun. I don't care so much about the actual show part though. I don't know enough about the breed standards to know who might win or anything. To me, it's just puppy running a dog around and a stranger handling other people's dogs. I'm planning on going to another show March 28th. I think it'll be good for me to get out and learn to talk to people and all the dogs will help.

As for corgis, there's two different breeds: Pembroke and Cardigan. Until meeting this cardigan, I actually preferred pembrokes. They seem to have a cuter, somewhat "foxy" face. I'm no expert, but from what I've noticed they have small, pointer ears, no tail, only seem come in brown/tan colors with white. They seem fluffier too. The cardigans have massive ears that don't even look like they should be able to stand up, but they do. They're more rounded as well. Cardigans also have a tail and come in a wide variety of colors. That's pretty much all I know. The lady said pembrokes don't seem to be as great as service/therapy dogs, but didn't specify why and admitted she was a bit biased.

I agree, service dogs are amazing. I think it's great for them too. People think it's mean to give them a job, but that's what dogs were bred for! What's mean is getting a dog so they can lay around the house 24/7. But now I'm seriously thinking about the Buhunds… They were really cool dogs. Sort of a smaller, fluffier, somewhat more sociable GSD as they are active, intelligent, devoted, loyal dogs who are attuned to their person. But I never planned on getting another small dog again and certainly didn't plan on getting a purebred! Not to mention to raise/train a puppy, especially to be a service dog, while I'm in college... But it would be great to have a service dog because of college. But then I still want to get a big dog and am thinking of getting my cousins GSD... That would bring me up to three dogs. I don't think I'd really have the time for three dogs, but anything would be more than what Zeus is currently getting. And I always see these other people with multiple dogs which makes me think again. I mean, I know I'd do my best and truly take care of my animals whereas a lot of people don't, but then it's because of my high standards that I don't think I can handle multiple dogs! As you can see, it's a lot of back and forth. My mom and I are thinking about moving into a bigger house though. I think I'm going to try to get into a local college for free. I found an online college with an animal behavior degree, so I was thinking I could either try for that later on or go ahead and do it if I don't get into the local college for free. Either way is going to be a heck of a lot cheaper than the private college I was wanting to go to to get the animal behavior degree.

Oh yeah, I also got my interview rescheduled for this Friday.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So true.

:( Vets............ They may have thought they would tell in person. I am guessing he does not have an infection. I notice some vets are slow to call when it is nothing. Fingers crossed that is what it is. Oh no, make sure you get your rest and get healthy soon. Wash your hands a lot and don't touch your face at all and get your rest.

I can imagine it was fun. So cool. Interesting about the actual show. I didn't think about the positives about the social aspect but I agree, it is great to have something in common with strangers and speak with them. I think you will find you can do it easily, just believe in yourself and trust yourself. You are highly intelligent and super nice so just be yourself and don't worry about what they may think, just be yourself and they will like you and you will do great. As you get more comfortable and interact more it will build on itself and be easier and easier. Some day you will look back and think there was no reason to be worried when speaking to new people. I know you can do it and be great!!! Just be like you are on here.

Wow, you sure know a lot!!! I laughed when I was reading that and you say "that is all I know". I am like "what else is there to know?". Hahahahaha. VERY interesting. I never knew. They sound ADORABLE!!! A lot of time it is just a feeling that some are better at service dogs than others. Comes from experience where we can't exactly put our finger on why but we know. Like when I do a cat intro I kinda know right away how it will go. I am not always right but most of the time it goes as expected. The key is to stay open minded and go where the process takes us. If that makes sense. One danger is having a preconceived notion and not recognizing any differences that go against that and correcting that initial thinking. I think I am rambling now......................

Oh I know the back and forth you mention. It is always on one hand and on the other hand. And since we really do care about animals and believe that once we bring them in we never abandon them the stakes are higher and the decision more challenging. But one thing I do know, that you will make the best and right decision. You don't do things without thinking about everything. Sure, we can still make a bad or wrong decision but it was our best decision. You are still young so make sure your education is broad enough to give a good base for other careers. People change careers all the time so having a good base is very helpful. Make sure your local college is a good degree so it gives you good opportunities to get good jobs (or transfer credits etc). I know it is hard, figuring everything out. But just make good reasoned decisions. Think about things that give opportunity but also that make you happy. You are still so young with so much future ahead of you so having a base of college that allows for opportunities if you change your mind is good. There is a great saying that I think is really good. "Life is a journey, not a destination". Meaning, decisions don't always have to be set in stone and think about the future but also try to build in flexibility. And try to enjoy all of it. All the options etc. Life goes by quickly so enjoying things and stopping to "smell the roses" is really good (in my eyes). But I know you will make the right decisions on all of this. I am just so confident you are going to do great and meaningful things in life. I don't know your journey but I know it is going to be exciting and rewarding and fulfilling. You are smart and good and I know your future is bright. Pretty exciting!!

YES!! Good luck!! I know you will do great!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured Ash would definitely had an infection, but that was my train of thought with Ember. If it was serious, it seems like they'd call quickly and it would be on their minds more. I went to the doctor today and tested negative for the flu. Just a lot of infection, I guess. Possibly strep. The nurse was surprised it wasn't the flu. I am actually feeling better today though. I haven't even gotten the medications I was prescribed yet.

I think it'll get easier over time. The more often I go, the more I'll be able to expect the environment and trust that it is a place I can go up and talk to people. I know that, logically, the people there should be expecting people to talk to them and ask to pet their dogs and should be polite even if they say no, but I'm always so worried about bothering them, them getting irritated, maybe I'm interrupting something... I am setting myself some goals for the show. I want to meet a few different breeds.

Haha, well I meant I didn't know much about them as far as their temperaments go. I did do some research on them though (because what else am I going to do?). The pembrokes aren't quite as limited in color as I thought, but still pretty limited. They can have black and be tri-color, but their colors still seem much duller than cardigans. Personality-wise, they're similar, but Pems tend to be more out-going and sociable whereas Cardis can be a bit more reserved. They tend to bond more with their person/family, but aren't as friendly towards strangers. Honestly, the cardis sound like fantastic dogs and like a breed that would fit me. If they had normal legs, I'd get one! I'm not sure I can get past the short legs though. If they were at least longer... Haha, rambling is fine. I do it all the time. I understand what you mean though.

Exactly. Sometimes I just want to say, "Forget it, I want to get what I want to get and I'll figure it out afterwards," but I can't! I care too much to do that. Otherwise I'd have a GSD, a Norwegian Buhund, and Cardigan corgi. Perhaps more! Okay, probably more. I don't think I'd feel bad taking Zeus no matter what because, even if he can't be top priority, he'll be more of a priority to me than he is to the people he currently lives with. If I could get a puppy and guarantee that it would become a service dog, then that would be one thing, but no one can guarantee that. I'd feel bad if I got a puppy, especially if it was purebred, and then wasn't able to give it everything it deserved and needed. I'm not sure if getting a self-designed degree will be at all helpful, but the creative writing part should be helpful for most jobs. Photography is a bit more limiting, but it gives me another option. My brother insists it doesn't matter what you get or where you get it, as long as you have a degree. I have to remind myself to slow down and take things one step at a time frequently, but it can still be so hard to do. There's so many things I want to do.

Well, I might get an interview in. Couldn't do it today because I was sick... I don't usually get sick for more than two or three days, so thought I'd be better by now.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I wish vets would call regardless. I would call just to make sure since they may have dialed the wrong number etc.

Good it is not the flu. I hope it is not strep. Get your rest as best you can and eat well. Let's hope you get over it quickly. I am so glad you are feeling better but give it time, relapses can happen if you try to do too much too soon. Rest is really important.

You will do fine. Just be respectful and yourself. If they react negatively it is their problem not yours. It is great you think of others. That will be fun to meet different breeds.

You sound like an expert on them!! VERY interesting. They sound like cool dogs. Thanks, I can ramble...........Glad you understand what I was trying to say. You don't ramble with me.

Exactly, I hear you. We care too much. I would like them all as well. Well, just don't be too hard on yourself. I guarantee you will do great for any animal you bring home.

I do think a good degree is more helpful than any BUT a very limiting degree may not be good as a more general degree. Talk to the counselors and others and try to figure out what is best. For example, a PhD in 14th century Greek artifacts might not be as good as an English degree or an accounting degree etc. Just take it slow (I know it is hard) and try to think about what might protect your future and give you a lot of options. And focus on skills employees want. You will make the right decisions. You have your whole life a head of you, just slow down a bit and make some short term and long term goals.

When you have it good luck. yes, better not to do it when you are not feeling well (for a lot of reasons).

Get well soon BUT don't run yourself down too quickly so it doesn't come back.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yeah. Definitely. I just haven't felt good in the slightest and have slept a lot. If I do think of doing it, it's usually when they aren't open. But I don't see any reason I won't be going back to work Monday, so can ask then. Usually I talk to them about things when I go in for work, but didn't go the last two days.

Well, I started antibiotics last night. I'm feeling a lot better today. Might've overdone it a little today. By the end of it, I was quite tired. But I'm not used to being cooped up in the house so much! Usually at the very least I take Stella for a walk. She's done very well with not getting her usual walks and training though. I took her today and she did surprisingly well after going so long without a proper walk too. She was able to almost completely ignore a Chihuahua mix and a Siberian husky, so she's come a long way from being the super-reactive dog she used to be. I'm so proud of her.

Yeah, my rational mind knows I have nothing to fear. There's a less rational part that doubts it though.

Haha, well I've been laying around sick. I didn't have anything better to do other than research dog breeds. I was curious about them though now I almost wish I hadn't looked into them because Cardigan corgis sound like awesome dogs. Their personality would be perfect from what I've read. If they just didn't have those darn short legs! In some ways I think they're cute, but then they also just look weird. So going from a dog show, to wanting a dog, to trying to figure out how to get two more dogs, to college plans isn't rambling? Good to know. :p

I honestly can't believe I'm thinking of another small dog. Buhunds aren't tiny (bigger than Stella), but still way smaller than what I prefer. They're size would be good when it comes to getting a dog earlier than I originally planned though. But I still have a hard time with the idea of getting a purebred instead of a rescue.

Well, unfortunately most of my interests are very limiting. I've considered just getting an English degree, but I actually don't like English! I like writing and it's something I'm good at, but there's a lot more to English that just doesn't appeal to me. I do, at the very least, want a creative writing degree rather than an English one.

Hopefully they don't think I've avoiding the interview or that I'm not reliable! I think the lady I've been talking to should know though. I go every Friday and she's always there, so she knows I'm there consistently even without a job. This was the first time I took off at my current job too.

Thanks. Hopefully the antibiotics do their job and it won't come back.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great plan. Glad you are getting a lot of sleep.

Oh good. Yes, make sure you don;t over do it. Just take it easy and sleep. :) Good Stella!! You are doing great with her.

We are all like that, you are not alone. Just be yourself. You are going to do great. More than you think you are capable of.

Well, I guess something positive comes from being sick.......... They really do sound like cool dogs. Nope, you were not rambling. Your thinking was coherent and in order. Now mine at times.............

I know, it happens. We want one thing but end up with something else. Well, I know about rescues but for your specific purpose it is understandable to get a purebred.

I know, it is hard to know. And interests change and interests come around later. I think the average person changes careers like 5 times in their life. It is something wild. But having a good base is a good idea to build off of. You are a great writer but I hear you about English. Just talk to counselors and others and try to figure out what is best. You will figure it out. Skills are really important - Always wanting to learn, being respectful, listening, things like that.

I wouldn't think so. Just explain why you couldn't make it. They will understand and if they don't then you may not even want to work for them. I think it will be fine as you say, she probably knows you already.

YES!! Make sure you rest as well. Get well soon!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stella has been getting show much better at different things. It's been a long journey, but we're getting there. We went to the park today and played hide-and-seek on the playground. We've also been working on heelwork and her stop command. A man walked right by her while she was on a stop command and she didn't budge. I was really proud of her. Usually I have to be between her and the other person for her to ignore them.

Thanks. I'll get there. We went to an agility show yesterday and I did go up to a lady with a working line GSD because I wanted to ask what line the dog came from. She was a beautiful dog.

Haha, yeah. Lots of other things I could've looked into, but I didn't feel like stressing myself out trying to figure things out. I'm glad my thoughts came out coherently. They aren't always so clear in my head.

Well, I am back to preferring a rescue. I do love the Buhunds and they are still an option, but they're just so much smaller than I want... I'm not sure I want another small dog for the next 12+ years, but I haven't found any other breeds that seem like a good fit. I'll be taking a huge risk either way since you can't guarantee a puppy will grow up to be a good service dog and I do want to get into agility as well... Stella would've been fantastic at agility if it wasn't for her knees. I guess it's just going to depend on how much I can spend on initial cost, on food, and what puppies are available when I'm ready.

I'll get things figured out, but I think I have a good idea of what I want to do at this point. My first year of college hasn't been all that interesting and I doubt my second year will be much better, so I'd like to have fun with interesting classes after my first two years.

I think it should be fine, but I never got a response to my email saying I was sick, so I don't even know if she saw it or just thinks I bailed without saying anything. I plan on going tomorrow though. They have a Great Pyrenees mix and a pure white husky with blue eyes. I want to meet them.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stella is doing great. WOW, THAT is impressive (with the man)!!!

I know you will. I am proud of you. I can imagine how beautiful she is!!

Hahahaha, dogs are more fun anyway. Why get stressed? There is always time later for stress!!! :) Ideas are always kind of jumbled and I find in more intelligent people oftentimes the more jumbled they are. But having that organization is really good. You are very good at organizing your thoughts. And the more you do it the better you will get.

That makes sense. Again, well organized and thoughtful. Sounds like you are figuring it out. You are definitely analytic. That is why I am so confident you will make the best decision. Exciting.

You will, I have no doubt. I am glad you have a good idea. Yes, the first year is a bit boring as it is the foundation classes. To give a good base of knowledge and learning. And the second year. Then if we pick the right degree the last few years are mostly interesting (even if some in our degree aren't always that interesting). But school is about learning the topics but also learning how to learn and find answers and solving problems and interacting with people etc. Try to get the most out of it now as it only happens once.

Hmmmmmm, maybe she didn't see your email. A call and an email (a backup) is always a good idea just in case. I am sure it will be fine. Just explain it. Oh wow, sound be a fun visit!! Good luck!!

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ash's culture was clear. Nothing grew, so it's just a matter of watching and waiting to see what happens for now.

She's been doing really great. Once, when we had snow, there was a rabbit huddled up in the snow. I think Stella smelled it, but didn't see it because she was going right to it with her nose to the ground. She was probably five feet or so away when it took off. She went of it, I yelled, and she stopped immediately. I was very impressed with her. Dogs don't usually listen when on a chase.

This true. Much more fun. I definitely didn't want to deal with the stress while I was sick. My thoughts tend to be very jumbled. I do try to make sense when I speak though!

I'm getting somewhere, I suppose. If I could guarantee I'd be able to get another dog in a few years, I'd probably get a Buhund first and a big dog later, but obviously I can't guarantee that.

Well, if I can get a free degree then that'll be fantastic. I think that's a good route for me so I can save the money for the future (and my future pets). I don't really want to be in debt for the rest of my life. And I might end up with two different degrees if I choose to go for the online animal behavior degree. If I understand it all right, that won't cost very much.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good. I think. I wonder what caused it though? Do they have any idea?

WOW!! Impressive!!! Nope, dogs typically don't listen unless they are trained well and even then they don't always. That is so impressive Stella was so good.

Yes. And yes, stress causes illness and limits healing/recovery. Good to think about dogs!!! I think we all have jumbled thoughts, few think so linear and I am not sure linear is all that good. Jumbled probably increases creativity and if handled well probably leads to better decisions. I can imagine you do well speaking as you do writing.

I think so. Maybe not a final decision but closer. Yes, that makes sense. No, you can;t guarantee it. :/

Well, cost includes money as well as reputation etc. It isn't right that some schools are valued more than others but it is reality. So factor in everything so that you get the best degree and the best opportunity to get a good job after graduation. And some schools are better for certain degrees. And some degrees are worth more than others (from the same school). Once you are out in the workplace then job performance and experience will matter more but in the initial screening the school does factor in. Usually good state univs are good value. Just think about all the different issues and make the best decision. You are obviously highly intelligent and mature so I am sure you will not only make the best decision but you will do well at school and beyond (in the workplace).

If an animal behavior degree wouldn't cost much that would be great to get as another degree. Just don't overextend yourself. Do your best and have enough time for what you take on.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just stress. Ember being sick could've trigger Ash.

Stella really has come a long way. It's been slow progress and sometimes I don't see it, but there'll be something big every now and then that makes me realize just how much she's changed.

Yeah, but I just get to wanting a dog more and more. I've even looked at available puppies. :doh: I hope my jumbled thoughts helps! Sometimes it seems like it hinders me from getting to a conclusion and I don't always see everything immediately, but it sort of makes a web with a lot of different things connected together, some pieces being found later on.

Purebred or rescue, I have to admit I'm really excited. I want to see what sort of dog I raise. How well I'll do at achieving what I want to achieve. It'll be my first puppy that I raise and keep.

Well, I think I'll be alright. If I get to do what I want to do, I wont need a degree at all. Most of my interests don't really require a degree to begin with. To be honest, I don't know if most degrees are truly worth what they cost at this point. The cost just keeps going up, but there's not much one can do about it. It's either spend the money or don't get a degree a lot of times.

From what I read, it didn't seem like it would be a whole lot, but I sort of have the feeling that it could be too good to be true. It didn't include any sort of gen ed classes in the list, but then I should have those by that point anyway.