Struggling With Play Time

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Oh wow. That is scary. :( Thank goodness everything ended up ok. Whew.

Yeah, it is tricky. Just do your best.

WOW!! :/ I LOVE GSs. 8 yrs old is still pretty young. She will find a home.

That is really good. I am guessing they would do ok with a bigger dog as long as the big dog doesn't go after them etc.

:/ At least it wasn't bad. If they rebound quickly then it is a good sign.

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't fun. I'm pretty tired of all the dogs running loose. It's ridiculous. And you can't do anything about it on the weekends. Animal control is closed and police won't get involved unless the dog actually attacks someone.

GSDs are my favorite breed. I want one very badly. It's hard to see all these lovely GSDs come into the shelter. My cousins have a huge GSD that I'd love to have as well. They're truly wonderful dogs.

I do think a big dog will bring about some challenges. I don't think the cats will immediately take to it, but I agree. As long as the dog doesn't chase them, I think they'd adapt and get used to it.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
:( No, I know. I wish people were more responsible. But sometimes a dog just gets out or the leash breaks etc. I am surprised the police wouldn't help. :( Yes, animal control is not always available. Ughhhhhhhh

Mine too. I just love them. I also just love all big dogs. Dobbies, Akitas, mixes, etc. I know, sometimes people want them but then they don't give them what they need. :/

Yeah, but you might be surprised. It really comes down to how the dog is. I had a BIG dobbie/gs mix that the cats LOVED (probably because she was very cat like). It just depends. I think you are right, they will adapt and you have a good instinct so you will help them a lot.

If I wasn't full up right now I would go to the shelter and get another GS......................

Animal Freak

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
This dog is a known escape artist. My brother lives across the street from the cat house and this house is next door to that house, so they've seen the dog get loose. I've no idea how he's loose so often when they keep him on a tie out in a fenced in backyard. Their pitbull has gotten loose and we took that dog around looking for her home. We called the police about the pitbull because of course it was a day we had plans and had no clue where the dog lived.

Big dogs are great. GSDs are my favorite as far as personality goes and the breed I want the most, but I love huskies/husky mixes. The Alaskan huskies are bred for work rather than looks and I'd still take one of them over a purebred show Siberian Husky anytime. I don't care for show lines. Akitas are pretty dogs too. I guess I like the more natural/wild/wolfish looks.

Well, I'm certainly open to being surprised! I think it'll definitely take some time, but I'd be happy if they could all get along.

I was full 2 animals ago... I'm thinking about trying to take my cousins' GSD when we move though... Sort of makes me want to move sooner.

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
:( Some are. Ughhhhhhhhhh He must jump the fence. :(

I agree!! Dobbies have really good personalities as well. I love Huskies as well. Rotties I love. Ok, I LOVE all big dogs!!! Hahahahaha

I think you will be able to get them to get along. You are very good at that.

Hahahahaha. Oh my, I am 4 ahead of you :O That makes me FULL FULL. ;) Oh my, I don't think your cousin would like that......... I hear you though.

I was at the pet store yesterday and this HUGE dog (mix) came up, sat down and leaned on me and almost knocked me over. I LOVED IT!!! Totally sweet dog. I just wan them all............ :(