Struggling Finding Kibble For Good Stool

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have been struggling to find kibble Allie can eat without getting loose stools...She was on Royal canin urinary so for 1 1/2 years and came off it in febuary...

She went on blue buffalo snsitive stomach which she had nice stools but she got very itchy..

Tried Purina one urinary and she didnt like it, then went on Iams, tried healthy digestion, urinary and hairball and all Iams gave her wet stools...Oliver still eats Iams...Olivers the one with urinary probs but hes off all urinary food and gets uromaxx daily.....

So a week ago I purchased science diet hills healthy digestion which is expensive, she eats it but I dont think she likes it much and its been a week and she had loose stools couple days ago...

I plan on going to target and getting rachel rays indoor kibble today, even thought about friskies but that has dye in it...Im thinking expensive food is more problems then the cheap...

I mix all new food with the royal canin urinary so for a week....

She used to eat delicat before but that food gave Oliver urinary issues, that was years ago....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a cat that's had the poop problems from you-know-where. One day it was soft, next day mucous, next day hard as a rock and dry, he wouldn't go for 3 days, then 2 days of liquid diarrhea.
He gets mostly canned food but the only dry food he seems to be able to tolerate and helps keep his stools regular is Natural Balance limited ingredient diet. He's not 100% but it hasn't hurt his already weird sensitive system, plus he's gained a little weight on it which is a plus for him :thumbsup:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may not find that unicorn food: a gut-healthy dry food. The loose stools reflect the poor digestibility of dry food, packed with non-animal ingredients that are inappropriate for carnivore cats. Grains, starches, fruits, vegetables, none of it is necessary or appropriate. It feeds the wrong bacteria in the gut which you can see in the stool quality.

But if you insist on dry, I would look to those pricey brands that are at least trying to correct the problems with dry. Dr Elsey, Tiki Cat, Rawz, Ziwi Peak, or freeze dried raw like Stella and Chewys.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She eats canned also, but when she dont want wet she wants the dry.....She only been on hills for 9 days now..At day 6 I started to give almost all hills..

Im going to give it more time and see if her wet stools stop...
I swear the fancy expensive stuff is worse then the cheap, I dunno

If this dont work im buying friskies with the dye

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Follow Up

I switched Allie to Friskies Indoor Delights, the cheap stuff, Allie loves it and her poops have returned to puurfectly normal again after months going through expensive fancy foods....Guess the cheap stuff is better...Go figure

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Follow Up

I switched Allie to Friskies Indoor Delights, the cheap stuff, Allie loves it and her poops have returned to puurfectly normal again after months going through expensive fancy foods....Guess the cheap stuff is better...Go figure
Some of the more higher end foods have a lot longer of an ingredients list than the plain simple foods which can mean they have a higher chance of reacting to an ingredient. Our cat that does well on fancy feast classics had a bout of diarrhea after eating a little bit of wellness core. I think Wellness core is a perfectly fine brand but for him, it wasn't the top choice.
The other cats loved the rest of the core as a treat and it suited them just fine.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was bad and returned it, how? I wont tell