Stressful situation! Cat NOT the same!!

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We had to leave the house today for extermination for 5 hours with three 5 month old kittens (who have never even been outside) a 7 year old cat & a bird. We rented a room to try & make it as pleasant on them as possible but that didn't work. When we got to the room we couldn't let them out of their carriers because the huge bed was a hazard. They could get up under it and there was no way to get them back out.That in turn made me & my husband upset & we had very, very bad energy & had tiff after tiff which only added to the animals stress! Now our little girl, Lola who is usually the sweetest cat EVER is growling constantly, attacking her brothers for no reason & just threw up her food. I'm so worried this has messed her up mentally & she'll never be the same [emoji]128546[/emoji] If she's no better by tomorrow we're taking her to the vet but I wanted to come on here to ask if anyone has had anything like this happen or knowledge of this. Please someone tell me what to do or if my cat will never be the same. I'm just devastated and so isn't her brothers who won't even leave her side!! One in particular, Roo,he keeps acting so horribly sad because his sister who he used to have such a bond with keeps hissing at him, attacking him for just trying to snuggle with her. Please someone help me get my family back together after this horrible traumatic day!! Thank you in advance!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: Lola has just had a strong stress reaction to the upheaval. You haven't traumatised her for life...she just needs to chill a bit. Stress Stopper for the Spirit Essences range might well help her rebalance and return to normal....in fact, all the cats might benefit from it right now. Composure could really help Lola too. Feliway diffusers are a good idea, and will help all the cats.

I would also suggest separating Lola from the others until she calms down, and be prepared to carry out reintroductions if necessary.

Hang in there! This can be fixed.

[article="30274"][/article][article="30316"][/article][article="32758"][/article][article="32680"][/article][article="29726"][/article][article="32390"][/article]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh thank you!! My husband said she would be fine but you know how us mothers are! Lol.. I'm so happy to know that things will be fine. Actually, Lola has already calmed down considerably just since this morning. She's been purring and kneading my lap.Shes been eating without throwing up. I told my husband that if we have to take them all in the car again then we'll be well prepared with appropriate essences, a room we've inspected before we take them there and preparing long before the Day of, which is what happened this time because we both work mid-shift and dont get home until sometimes 1:00am.Everyone is together and playing right now as I type actually [emoji]128522[/emoji] Except Molly (Our 7 year old resident which isn't the mother of the babies. They're rescues) but that's another post, another Day after this issue is sorted out!! Thank you so much again & if there are anymore problems I will be sure to be right back here in a mothers panic! Lol.. I will be posting very soon about our introduction problems. Have a wonderful day [emoji]128570[/emoji]

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear that ALL your guys are doing better now :D Lola sounds much happier and calmer than she was before. I love happy endings! :clap: