Stress behavior?

jisaacson214

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 Oriental Shorthair cats, aged 3 & 4. Back in December of 2020, I lost my job b/c of COVID/budget cuts & only recently was able to find work. The position I accepted is with the county, so I’m moving there on 7/1/21. Ever since I started packing, both girls have been acting weird. Ember has been extra clingy while Grem has been hiding under the end table, which she never does. I’ve been trying to spend time & play w them when I can but I’ve got a lot on my plate right now. Oh! & someone, not sure which, has been throwing up overnight Its not every night but it’s enough to be annoying. I’ve been told this behavior most likely has to do with the discord in the house & they know somethings going on I just wish there was something more I could do.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have a place in your house where you can put their familiar things that won't be shuffled around while you're doing the rest of the packing, maybe a room you've already cleared? That could include beds, cat trees, food & water dishes, toys, etc. Keep their litter box in its usual place if possible.

When you do make the move be sure you have all the cat things where they're easily accessible. That way you can get everything set up quickly before you let them out of their carriers.