Stray pregnant cat

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I always have 2 cats and 3 kittens and a large dog but I have been feeding some ferals cats and 1 stray outside. The stray is VERY pregnant. She is very loving though. She doesn’t like me to pick her up really. But I want to bring her inside. Will it be too stressful for her considering she is going to pop any day?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bringing her inside would be the best thing you could do for her and her soon to be kittens. They will be safe, and you can socialize the mom and kittens and get them spayed and neutered and re-homed. They will have better futures and you will help to reduce the feral population.

Keep her separate from your resident pets for a few weeks if you can. The pregnant mom will need privacy and quiet with her newborns.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Bringing her inside would be the best thing you could do for her and her soon to be kittens. They will be safe, and you can socialize the mom and kittens and get them spayed and neutered and re-homed. They will have better futures and you will help to reduce the feral population.

Keep her separate from your resident pets for a few weeks if you can. The pregnant mom will need privacy and quiet with her newborns.

Keep us posted!
yea I was just worried that bringing her in would make her go into labor early by stressing her she isn’t fond of my dog but she loves my three 5 months kittys. I’ve been wanting to bring her in since we moved her and she showed up a couple months after I’ve named her.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes. One I caught outside. And the other two I took in from a friend they are all boys and all my babies are inside animals. They are scheduled for oct 19th to be snipped.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Will your other three kittens be getting fixed?
Sarthur I do have one more question you may be able to help with so since I have her in the house now and I really do not believe it will be long before she has the babies. I think she will have them before I get all the other 6 babies used to her. It would be best to leave her in my biggest room till awhile after she has her babies right? Won’t she get very protective if don’t? My jezzebel (mid age female cat) that I already have isn’t fond of miss ying ying (pregnanct mama) but I think it’s territorial b.c she has always been the only female with 5 other boys. Any suggestions would be awesome.
Also on a side note Miss YingYing is is perfect so far. She loves a bed and USES. A litter box so I really do believe someone was cruel and threw this loving little lady out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, keeping them separated until her kittens are much older is best. Getting everyone spayed and neutered along the way is also helpful. The two females may never get along, but will eventually learn to tolerate one another.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, keeping them separated until her kittens are much older is best. Getting everyone spayed and neutered along the way is also helpful. The two females may never get along, but will eventually learn to tolerate one another.
I always owned boys. Jezzebel is my first girl. When I found her she was so small I thought she was a kitten but she was just very malnourished. She had severe gingivitis and I was told she is well out of her kitten stage. She hid for the first 3 months but I only had a 17 year old boy at that time. Also all are fixed. Except the pregnant stray of course that I just brought in and my three boy kittens will be getting snipped next month once the are old enough.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! Are all kittens latching and nursing?

Weigh them daily as with 5 there will likely be a runt to keep an eye on.

Cr@zyAnim@lL@dy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Are all kittens latching and nursing?

Weigh them daily as with 5 there will likely be a runt to keep an eye on.
They all are she has been being a great mother so far. Since they are so Tiny how should I weigh them and not hurt em

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Use a digital kitchen scale that weighs in grams. It should be large enough to hold the kittens, but you can put a bowl on it, weigh the bowl, then deduct that amount of the bowl from each kitten’s weight. Weigh in front of mom so she does not get upset, but make sure the scale is on a flat surface. Then weigh daily at about the same time.