Purraise
Do you have a name for him yet?
He sure is a blessed kitty to have you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Since im a space science nerd Im going to name him orion like my favorite star constellation (the hunter) since i know he’s a good hunter because he brought a mouse to the backyard once lol. Hes gonna be a spoiled fat kitty soon, just look at how comfy he is with me

Attachments

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
This is all of course depending if i find out he’s chipped or not, but with the evidence ive gathered i doubt he does,and still no one has contacted me via the flyers

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Update on the situation. Brought the cat in last night and he settle in quite well even slept on the bed with me, he used the litter box which was a relief but as a 1st time cat dad didnt get a whole lot of sleep worrying. Today i went asking around my neighborhood and everyone i asked didnt know whos cat it was but has seen him around a lot at all hours as well, one lady who was one of the people of our commuity neighborhood watch asked a lot of people as well when she was concerned and didnt get anywhere, she even checked for lost cats and didnt see his picture. One neighbor even found him sleeping in their garage which also leads to that he is homeless.
Today he went to the vet and no chip, but hes in good health even neutered, hes about 4 years old and the vet said that he seems to really like me lol. Some of the receptionist praised me for taking adopting me, as far as im concerned hes my orion now. I tried and my neighbors also tried to track an owner with no luck. as of now hes sleeping on his favorite chair which is inside now. Hes doing just fine and seems to love the fact hes got shelter and love

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He is just beautiful and apparently very happy to have a new home with his long time friend. I think that you have pretty much beat the bushes for an owner and so that question is answered. Over the years I have trapped several strays for TNR who were already fixed, but not ear tipped. It is not that unusual, especially with cats. Who knows what happened? Owners moved? Owners believed that cats can live outside and eat mice and find shelter on their own? Orion is very lucky to have found you.

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate everyone insight and thoughts And support through all this, ive been losing sleep over it, the day home i lost sleep over him living here for the 1st day but he’s settled in quite nicely but i guess thats normal for a 1st time pet parent. A little worried how he’ll do while im at work but all he’s done all day when im home is sleep under the bed so he’ll probably just sleep, hes got self water and feeders so he will be fine there. Its been 3 days since ive had him and no one has reported him missing and hes got a good loving home now so im going to leave it at that. This is a great community thank you guy

Attachments

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Im hoping so, he doesnt really greet me, he just begs for me to let him out but he cant since our complex doesnt allow outdoor pets, which is good i let him in or probably would of ended up at the shelter. Its driving me nuts, any advice to get a new adopted cat thats used to being outside enjoy the indoors would be much appreciated, or any advice on how to make your cat comfy would help, thanks in advance

Cat20mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you were meant to be together! If he's going to be inside/outside with you, you might want to microchip him. I've put breakaway collars on outdoor cats before and they're gone within a few days. You said you watched him go through a hole in the fence and he probably goes through bushes, etc. The collar will snag and come off pretty easily. Try to keep a collar on him though so if someone else finds him on his outside travels, they will know he belongs to someone. Take care of each other!

Cat20mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for my last post just above. I'm new here and didn't notice until just now that not all posts show-it says there are more and asks if you want to view. So I posted before I read the last several posts-like the one you said he's an indoor cat now.
He will most likely get used to being inside and be content with that. All of my strays I took in did after a couple of months.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He may ask to go out for a while. Most of mine who had to suddenly stay inside did that but eventually they gave up and resigned themselves to living in comfort and safety. Toys, catnip, a cat tree of any size might make him feel more comfortable.

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
The 1st couple of days he was inside he was content and cuddly the last couple days hes been having these teenage tempertantrums to go outside, but i cant let him out because if a neighbor or hoa member finds me i will get fined. I just hate that i feel like he feels like hes a prisoner, its a good size townhouse so hes got a lot of room to roam, i just want him to mellow out, when hes calm and relaxed and cuddly i love having him around, but when hes acting up its unbearable, certainly made leaving for work this morning easier. He gets a cat tree tomorrow or friday which i hope will help, this is all new to me, never had a cat before so i guess this is all part of the learning curve. When he was outside before i let him in all he wanted was in, now hes in he just wants out..... uggg this cat....

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are not crazy...they do that. The most pitiful stray that I ever rescued who cried incessantly to come inside wanted outside once he realized that he could come back in. You need to wait it out and watch for door darting as well. Eventually he will accept that his world ends at the walls of your townhome. He is lucky to be adopted into such a nice place for a needy cat...not that cats see luck in the same way as we do.