Stray Or Outdoor Cat?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
20190918_170151.jpg
Welcome Drewster and Orion!
I live in an apartment with 3 cats. I have a 72 inch cat tower,cubes,3 way tunnel, piles of shipping trash, tall square scratching post, cat loungers,lots of wand toys They all eat wet though it will be hard working 12 hours. Circular scratching post my cats dont like. They like to stretch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Trying to find out what entertains him has also been a challenge, he has a couple wand toys and a ball and he doesnt really care for them much, i did get laser pointer, it gets him running for a little bit but then he gets annoyed he cant catch what hes been chasing and gives up. I got a 62in 5 tier cat tower coming in the next couple days which will be put in a corner with 2 big windows so hopefully he will enjoy his view of his world. Time will tell, i guess im still learning his personality

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
At her age, it is all about hunt,catch,kill. My cats only like wand toys. They do not like toys with feathers. They like the go cat catcher with a mouse on the end and this one which is their favorite but only online, the leather bouncer I have had over a year.

PURRfect Cat Toys

Last edited:

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check out the toys on Chewy.com they have a grab bag for 10 bucks
My Feral doesn't play with a lot of toys but she does play with the toys I buy her, try to find those plastic springs those are a big hit.
the cat tree by the window is going to be good!

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your advice, i got him some catnip and all i gotta say is ALL HAIL catnip!! Lol this is all a new learning curve for a new cat owner for sure im glad i can come here for advice and support

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Catnip, for cats who like it, can be a huge part of the solution. Be sure to place the cat tree at an angle that will not allow it to crash through the window if he takes a big jump into it. I am sure that you are more sensible than that, but at one time long ago I was not.

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Hopefully the deliver man bring us gifts of good tiding and joy today, hes been super mellow and sweet this morning, now back sleeping under the bed. Hopefully this means he’s adjusting, the second i get on the computer he wants love and attention like how dare you give something more attention lol, but i guess thats how cats are. Here he is with his new collar, he looks like a stuffed animal lol

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, WOW! He is a gorgeous cat. Love his nose. If he is a lap cat give him brushes. My cat Coco loves that. I have baby blankets from Petco because she kneads her paws. Does he allow you to touch them Coco is not very good at trimming her claws even though she is 5 yrs old

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
I need to get his nail clipped they are very sharp, wont really let me grab his paws much, also doesnt like to be carried but loves to knead and cuddle, he mainly goes to his chair with the blanket i have inside not that i had outside before i brought him in. Hes a sweet boy when hes not being a bratty teenager, last night when we went to bed he jumped on my chest gave me a headbutt then layed down against my chest and just purred while i pet him.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the vet assistant trim her claws. If his paws curl have them do it. I know people on here have tips.go to menu at the top left and click on articles. I think there's one about that.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he ever tires of catnip there is something called kitty krack (silver vine)
My Feral loves it, I don't give it to my other cat he gets aggressive on catnip and kitty krack

Buffster7

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since im a space science nerd Im going to name him orion like my favorite star constellation (the hunter) since i know he’s a good hunter because he brought a mouse to the backyard once lol. Hes gonna be a spoiled fat kitty soon, just look at how comfy he is with me
Oh my word, he's stunning! I couldn't love this story more!
Congratulations on your adoption, human. I'm sure he'll have you fully trained in no time. :lol:

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He is gorgeous and you can tell from his expression that he is SO happy that he has a home. It does not look as if he plans to resume his outdoor life as he just realized how great it is now.

Drewster

Single cat dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Hes been adjusting slowly, he was super chill and cuddly over the weekend it was great but then at the begining of the week Still having some tantrums now and then wanting to out go outside once and a while even trying to pry open windows, didnt even come up to bed last night so i dont know, i guess its a cat thing...... my friend seems to think its because i took away the self feeder and has been rebeling, im not sure. Still love him to death and Both of us are still learning but when hes behaving its great