Stray Cat

Mjjbunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I work at a bar it gets very busy on Friday nights yesterday when I was at work there was a cat in the parking lot very friendly I didn't want no one to hurt her so she came home with me. I should say there are no houses close to the bar or I would not have taking her. So I get her home I notice she is pregnant not sure how far along cause she is just a kitten her self. I have 4 other cats so I put her in a room to her self when I got up this morning at 7am I went to check on her she had one kitten but it was dead I'm not sure for how long. I tried showing it to her she had no interest in it. It's been 5 1/2 hours since then and no more kittens I can feel them in her lil belly. She seems ok eating walking around there is a lil blood. Should I be worried?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
M Mjjbunch

No, she will have the rest when the kittens and her body are ready. As long as she is not in distress things should be fine.

It's so kind of you to bring her home!

Did you make a nest for her?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking her in! Do you have unlimited food for her in her room?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mjjbunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for taking her in! Do you have unlimited food for her in her room?
Yes I do and it is a furnished basement it's carpeted walls it's not like I just threw her in a basement with nothing she has plenty of food plenty of water she has a cat litter box I just keep her down there because I have four other cats and I don't really trust them

Mjjbunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M Mjjbunch

No, she will have the rest when the kittens and her body are ready. As long as she is not in distress things should be fine.

It's so kind of you to bring her home!

Did you make a nest for her?
Yes I do actually I made her more than one spot but she seems to be attracted to my son's recliner that's down there

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The basement sounds nice! I hope she has some healthy kittens soon. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would actually remove the recliner. They can be really dangerous for cats if they get stuck or fall asleep in the gears.

Mjjbunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would actually remove the recliner. They can be really dangerous for cats if they get stuck or fall asleep in the gears.
She's not sleeping under it she sleeping in the recliner

Mjjbunch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So just letting every one know mama had 2 more kittens the 2nd one did not make it the baby did not have legs not sure what happened it was 12 hours after the first one I sat with her and noticed she was having another one and it was coming out foot first. So I tried to keep her from putting her mouth down there cause all I could think is that's what happened to the second one after it was all out I let her do her thing. So when I brought her home I seen she had a stub for a tail I was thinking something happened to it but when she had the last baby it had a stub for a tail. Looks just like its mama. Thank you all for your help.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So mama has one healthy baby to care for! Wonderful! Is the baby nursing well?

Keep us posted on its progress! :)

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If both cats had a Bob tail then she probably is a Manx this is a genetic trait of the Manx
Manx come in different tail-lengths, from the rumpy (no tail), the riser (tail joint), shortie (bob tail), and longie (long tail). She could also have some American Bobtail, or Japanese Bobtail influence, these are other breeds with a short tail.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the point I was trying to make is the Bob tail is a genetic trait rather than something serious like an injury.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I guess the point I was trying to make is the Bob tail is a genetic trait rather than something serious like an injury.
Yes, unless there is no fur at the base of the tail. A bob tail covered in fur would be genetic, an injury would cause scarring that would prevent fur from growing at the place where the tail was cut. The mother giving birth to a kitten who has a similar bobbed tail is an even stronger indication that this is genetic.