Stray Cat Won’t Leave, swollen mammary glands

Kittymom35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Everyone,

We just moved into our new home on Sunday. I noticed a smallish cat roaming the neighborhood. Monday, I almost hit said cat as I drove my daughter to school. Tonight, same cat wanders into our garage as we return home from dinner. She is purring loudly, running all over all of our legs, and wants to come inside house. We have three one-year old cats. She won’t leave so I take her inside to an empty room, feed her, give her water then take her to the vet urgent care nearby to have her scanned for a chip. There is no chip and they say her mammary glands are enlarged indicating she has babies nearby. They did a quick ultrasound and saw nothing. It’s freezing at night here and she seems in no rush to leave. She keeps licking her nipples and cleaning herself. She has an old leather collar that is tearing. She looks very young. She is very thin. She wants to come in and cuddle. The ER vet said they can’t treat her sneezing since she may have kittens. They instructed me to find her kittens. I don’t know where to even look. It’s already dark out on a newish street with little lighting. I love animals and I feel so torn. I don’t know what to do to keep her safe. I don’t want her possible babies to starve. I also don’t want her to get hit by a car. She will let me carry her, she is incredibly friendly. Please offer any kind of guidance if you have any. Thank you so much.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
If she will follow you, take her walking around the neighborhood. (However, I'm really wondering if the kittens didn't survive).

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you find kittens! if you don’t…perhaps she wants to be your very own housewarming gift! ;)