Stray Cat With Hurt Leg

Tkbro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,
So my fiance and I have a stray cat that comes around our house daily because we feed him cat food. A couple of days ago he came by and was completely wet on one side and limping trying to use his right paw. We let a couple of days go by and now he is completely unable to use his front right paw and it looks pretty swollen. We feel really bad for him because he looks like he is in a lot of pain. We want to help him out but we don't have the money for the vet visit not only that but we have two other cats that we don't want them to catch anything from him. We set up a gofundme account so that we can pay for the vet visit, xrays/other for his paw recovery, and shots so that he can be inside during his recovery time and hopefully get along with our other 2 cats so that we can permentantly adopt him. Here is the link anything helps Click here to support Help for Murray organized by Tiara Kimbrough. Thank you.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

tobilei

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor baby, have you tried contacting any of the vets or rescue groups (or even the ASPCA) in your area for help? Many of them have avenues to help out with strays and I think most vets who love animals would be willing to do something for the poor sweet thing, even if you offer to donate any of the go fund me money after the procedure has been done.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People are going to get mad at me for saying this, probably.
These sort of things sort themselves out. He is a stray so he is probably having trouble hunting. Make sure that your feed him plenty of high protein food when he comes to visit you.
Usually what I do if I can is par-cooked chicken with a steamed dark green veggie like broccoli, greens or spinach but feeding him enough even if it is just Meow Mix will keep his strength up and help fight the infection. If you can provide a tote or box for him to sleep in too so he doesn't have to find somewhere that would be good too.

Hazelnutlove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately it's been my experience that vets do not treat wounded strays/ferals for free or discounted fees. I've been there multiple times in situations like yours. You would think they would help at no cost being "animal lovers" but not in my area (cleveland).

I would continue feeding him. Somehow or other these injuries do tend to work themselves out. Cats are so tough. It's amazing. I have a feral that every single spring, he has a bad front paw that is not weight bearing and he limps and it looks so painful. a month later he's walking like nothing was ever wrong. Hope your kitty has the same luck.