Stray cat turns on you

lamis2004

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a stray cat and we got her when she was 2 weeks.she is an Arabian Maui but as she grew older I felt like she started to hate me you would figure she would love you more but I felt like she hated me more than loved me.When she toned four months I felt like she had all this bursting energy and she use to scratch me and bite me and for the life of me I couldn't understand why ??.So at the end we ended up abandoning her.[emoji]128576[/emoji]

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hormones could have something to do with it, you may have even been carrying smells that terrified her from somewhere else. There is ALWAYS a reason for behavioral problems. She could have been in pain.  A condition called Overstimulation aggression could be a culprit too, My little female had it, it means that they have a limit on how much stimulation,(stroking, petting, handling, etc.) they can take without going ballistic. My little girl's was two strokes, anything over that and she would attack, she was fine with two or less. The signs to look for are increased agitation when petting her (especially by someone she is uncomfortable with, like visitors) which includes puffed up tail, hair raised along spine, dilated pupils, growling, and trying to leave. It's part of their personality and you adjust to it. If you ever find yourself with a problem like this again, please contact us here at this site, we can help you understand and overcome your problems. 

I hope you mean that 'abandoning her' means you found her a new home, most cats that are dropped off in unfamiliar territory end up killed by dogs, aggressive toms, hit by cars or starving to death. I know this by the how many I find and have to bury or find homes for. I had a sweet little boy show up a month ago who is still skin and bones.