Stray cat roaming around

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello so for a few weeks or so there has been the cat that’s been roaming around my court your apartment no one knows who’s it is but it seems very thin, has a flea collar but no tags with information seems dirty and I think some infection going on so I started feeding him a few days because I felt so bad I noticed that he doesn’t have any teeth ,I feel sad that I can’t adopt him because I have asthma/allergies so I don’t know if to take it to the shelter or to just leave it roaming around which I don’t really want to do but need some advice I’m just curious as in my euthanize him at a shelter if he’s not microchipped

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello so for a few weeks or so there has been the cat that’s been roaming around my court your apartment no one knows who’s it is but it seems very thin, has a flea collar but no tags with information seems dirty and I think some infection going on so I started feeding him a few days because I felt so bad I noticed that he doesn’t have any teeth ,I feel sad that I can’t adopt him because I have asthma/allergies so I don’t know if to take it to the shelter or to just leave it roaming around which I don’t really want to do but need some advice I’m just curious as in my euthanize him at a shelter if he’s not microchipped
Don’t take him to a shelter if he will euthanized. Contact local rescue and tnr people in your area who can trap him and get him a home if he is a tame or even semi tame kitty. Thank you for helping him. I have asthma and allergies and am still able to have my kitties tg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i did have a cat before but I had to be taking everyday my allergy meds until it wasn’t doing anything no more but I kept my cat till he rested in peace. Thanks for your advice, I’ll look into local rescues

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you can get close enough please check his collar It May have gotten to tight if no one is checking him

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will check his flea collar when I see him again.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did have a cat before but I had to be taking everyday my allergy meds until it wasn’t doing anything no more but I kept my cat till he rested in peace. Thanks for your advice, I’ll look into local rescues
So sorry you can’t have another cat, ty for keeping your cat. Maybe a dog? I hope someone will help you help this kitty asap 💕

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called two cat rescue centers and was told they’re over capacity :(. I’ll keep trying though

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called two cat rescue centers and was told they’re over capacity :(. I’ll keep trying though
Try stray and feral cat groups on fb in your area, they may be able to help trap him. Don’t give up. 💕

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to get a cat carrier. Even if you can't keep him or find a rescue, you might want to take him to a vet and see if he is in pain that can be eased. You might also want to find out if he is dying, in which case you might want to consider asking to vet to help him cross over with the least amount of pain possible. Sometimes euthanasia is not the worst thing that can happen to a cat.

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought a carrier already so my next step is to take him to a vet to scan him and check his Heath, I think I found someone that might want to adopt him but I am worried that the cat since he’s use to outdoors he might not get used to being indoors only. Also Does anyone know if a vet charges to check stray cats health?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on the vet.

I doubt he'll have trouble adjusting to living inside. The old ones, the injured ones, the starving ones I've found who were once pets (that is strays) have always been grateful to be inside and safe. None of them ever dashed for the door. The outside world has not been kind to him.

Jackeline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok good to know! Thanks to everyone for the advice , I’m taking him to the vet this week to get scanned and check up