Stray cat protective of me

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I posted awhile ago about a stray cat I brought inside that was pregnant she had her babies they are almost 3 weeks old now but I came home from work yesterday to see that my house has been broken into and robbed I came into my bedroom and as soon as mama kitty heard me talk she came running out of the closet to greet me so I sat with her on the bed gave her a bunch of love and was just petting her she put herself between me and the bedroom door well my daughter ran downstairs from my mother in law’s apartment with a plate of food for me the front door slammed shut mama kitty started growling staring at my bedroom door until and kept growling until my daughter came into view then she stopped and relaxed. Could she have been trying to protect me? Because I assume if it was just to protect her babies she would have at least ran to my closet to protect them instead of staying right by me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamabrit071114

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear that. Mama cat knows that something strange and scary went on and she is now protective of your home as well as her babies. It may take her a few days to calm down from the scary experience.
Yea she’s been a bit more needy then usual she was needy before up my butt the whole time she was pregnant and then when she had the babies I sat in my closet for 28 hours waiting for her to have them because she wouldn’t let me leave and then even after she delivered them all she didn’t want me to leave I went to bed and she climbed in bed with me and laid her whole body on my side because I was laying on my side instead of my back and just stared at me my mom said she was thanking me for being her support during delivery but now she’s extra needy goes in to feed her babies cleans them then right back at my side

amarshall0919

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First of all I am so sorry that your house was broken into, and you were robbed!! Gosh, this world is so scary. I hate that bad stuff like that goes on. I’m always terrified of someone breaking into our place.

And I do believe that mama cat knows that something really weird went on. I imagine that she heard them robbing your place, and probably stayed hidden in the closet. Poor baby was probably frightened. She may still be on edge for awhile since that went on!!