Stray cat pregnant?

Animal lover2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A22C5413-C53A-4260-9E8F-EA13A66C06F6.jpeg
32500D0F-67C4-43F3-BC09-80147F3B5E75.jpeg

Hello! I’m new and I have seen some really helpful people on here.

A stray cat came running to me last Saturday. She is extremely affectionate and isn’t spayed. I’ve had her for exactly one week and can’t tell if her stomach has gotten bigger but it’s kinda round. Her vet exam is on Thursday. Can you tell if she’s pregnant? No vets are open to spaying. She has solid poop and doesn’t seem to have any parasites. There are 2 (that I know of) male cats in my neighborhood that aren’t neutered...they’re strays. They won’t go into my traps at all. Her nipples are big and pink and she loves to cuddle. I haven’t seen her nesting because I’ve been working but she sleeps a lot. She isn’t fat because I have a fat cat inside and she looks nothing like him. When I found her, she was skinny and had a little tiny round stomach, now it’s a little more noticeable. She’s 9 pounds.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can bet she’s pregnant. Expect and prepare for kittens. Keep her 100% inside now. Feed her well. We’re here for you! :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal lover2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mod Note: Merged Threads.

Hello! I found a stray female diluted calico last week, she is most likely pregnant because she is showing signs and looks like it. I have taken care of young kittens before but never had a cat give birth but I’m ready, I just have a few questions about birth. When she gives birth, do I cut off the umbilical cord, does she take it off, or will it fall off? Should I help dry the kittens? I have a heating pad, many towels, blankets, and boxes for her to chose where to give birth. She looks under a year old, maybe 9-11 months old, small cat, how many kittens do you think she’ll have? Vet appointment on Wednesday. Ultrasounds are way too expensive for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello! I found a stray female diluted calico last week, she is most likely pregnant because she is showing signs and looks like it. I have taken care of young kittens before but never had a cat give birth but I’m ready, I just have a few questions about birth. When she gives birth, do I cut off the umbilical cord, does she take it off, or will it fall off? Should I help dry the kittens? I have a heating pad, many towels, blankets, and boxes for her to chose where to give birth. She looks under a year old, maybe 9-11 months old, small cat, how many kittens do you think she’ll have? Vet appointment on Wednesday. Ultrasounds are way too expensive for me.
Is she still outside or inside now? I found a small pregnant female in our yard a couple of years ago. I would say let nature take its course. You shouldn’t have to do anything. If she’s inside you can just keep an eye on her.
The mommy cat I found did fine on her own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Animal lover2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is in my garage for now since I have other animals inside. She has an exam on Wednesday. After her exam, I’m going to put her in my room next to my bed.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You could ask the vet but I would think pregnant cats would like to be alone. Lol The mother cat I brought in had her kittens on our enclosed porch in a box kinda hidden behind the chimney. Where ever she has her kittens do not try picking them up the first several weeks, Mommy cat will get nervous and very protective and move them.

Ashleyninja

Cats made the world Amazing
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 345316View attachment 345317
Hello! I’m new and I have seen some really helpful people on here.

A stray cat came running to me last Saturday. She is extremely affectionate and isn’t spayed. I’ve had her for exactly one week and can’t tell if her stomach has gotten bigger but it’s kinda round. Her vet exam is on Thursday. Can you tell if she’s pregnant? No vets are open to spaying. She has solid poop and doesn’t seem to have any parasites. There are 2 (that I know of) male cats in my neighborhood that aren’t neutered...they’re strays. They won’t go into my traps at all. Her nipples are big and pink and she loves to cuddle. I haven’t seen her nesting because I’ve been working but she sleeps a lot. She isn’t fat because I have a fat cat inside and she looks nothing like him. When I found her, she was skinny and had a little tiny round stomach, now it’s a little more noticeable. She’s 9 pounds.
Yes, I'm pretty sure this cat is Pregnant,signs of a cats pregnancy if all of those are true, or some then those are signs your cat is pregnant. Try to keep your cat happy, relaxed and calm, the room should be quiet, so she can stay calm and not panic while having kittens! That would be disastrous and could injure the kittens when they come!