Stray cat or feral

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Me and my neighbors have been feeding some local stray or out door cat's one is all black one is a tuxedo and one is a light tan tabby. the light tan tabby is the stray. The other to look well fed and are very skittish. I don't see them as often and they don't come around every day The light tan tabby seems like the ring leader once she finds food she starts howling to call her friends to the food once she has eaten her full. I have seen her stand guard while the others eat. Some time she meows so slightly just enough for me to hear her in my home. I come outside and i call her if she is close she will come right out from under my car. She is very vocal with me i put my hand out for her to sniff this morning she sniffed my hand and backed off. One time while I was feeding her while she was eating she let me pet her then realized what i was doing and hissed at my never lashed out. Now she is talking more to me and is starting to come closer to my stair. When i hear her i call her for food she will meow at me she will stay a couple of feet away. She does not come by every day no collar no tags on her I think it is a her due to the tone of her voice. I live on a busy street.

I have done searches in my local area for recuse i have not seen any close to me. I live in Springfield Ma. I can reach out to our local animal control. We do have TNR in my area. I would love to bring her in but i would have no place to quarantine her plus i have three of my own One with mega colon and a hyper thyroid kitty. I live in an apartment building so building an outside shelter is out of the question.

Is she a stray i tend to think so is there anything else i can do

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has been a week since I have taken in my semi feral kitten. My boy and him have had some positive interaction threw the baby gate no hissing they sniff each other and Tiggers goes about his business of sleeping in one of his favorite spots. Zucchini reached out to my boy Tigger with his paw threw the baby gate it was so cute. He wants out it has only been a week. My boy is 12 years and Zucchini is 8 and a half months old. Zucchini stays in my room and I have been working from so I am with him in the room all day. He likes to sleep under my chair or near me on the floor. He is putting on some weight he was skinny I heard kittens should have as much to eat as they want. now he starting to get a belly. He eat drink and uses the litter box.

Attachments

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I am he was eating frisky when he was outside. My cats have different foods one s prescription purina EM other one on purina pro plan he gets kitten food. Been so long since I have had a kitten in the house. My oldest is going on 16 hyper thyroid well managed. My other 2 are going on 13
He is getting a belly I can see when he lays on his side. He is learning to play. He hisses if something startles him he climbed the baby gate he hissed as I got him down. No hiding about 3 am he is looking for food put his face in my face one morning woke me up. He is learning to wake me up when he wants food knocking thing over.

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is progressing my boy tigger goes up to the baby gate they sniff each other and my boy walks away and zucchini then looks for him. When will I know I can let them meet with out the baby gate.

Attachments

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zucchini is cute when he reaches out his paw thru the baby gate to touch tigger

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi my2cats67 !

Wow! Those two are so close - it's very near time to allow them together.

Now.......don't you have two other cats....?

Has Tigger met them yet? Tell us about all that.

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes I have tigger momma 16 and zoey zoey and momma don't get along. Momma was a cat me and my ex had together she developed hyper thyroid my ex has developed health issues she could no longer care for her so I took her in. Going on 16 hyper thyroid under control. So I swap them out between my room and the rest of my apartment. I tried introducing no success zoey just won't get along with momma. Zucchini has been in my room with me and momma he wants to play with her nope they both sleep with me. I hope to get zucchini to the point he can find his forever home. I am looking for a bigger home

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zucchini was friendly when he was outside he would come up to me my mother and my neighbor. He has been tnr I trapped another cat he was deemed adoptable and got a forever home. Zucchini at 8 months old was ear tipped and returned to me they said I could release him or take him in and work with him. I think he can get to a point where he can go to his forever home

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, then, there are 3 of your own.......plus Zucchini = 4 cats.

Well then, it seems that Momma, at age 16, is quite happy so long as Zoey 'lets her be'.

If Momma is content to have your room as her 'home base', you could 'enhance' that by providing her with a few 'special places' of her own in there. If she can easily get up to higher spaces, even if only a little higher, you could make your own home-made beds with low-cut boxes and comfy towels, perhaps a larger box with a cutout entrance...things like that, places she can hang out.

With limited floor space, folks often use the vertical space in their homes to allow the cats more areas to spread out. Cardboard boxes are a great (and free!) resources for cat houses, trees and more.

So.............where are the pics of these two mystery actors....? :hyper:

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, WOW!

What gorgeous kitties !

You know, folks here never get overdoses on those!

Hmmmmmmmmm.....you have a 'thing' for the color orange, it seems :flail:

So, keep 'em coming! Have you been here yet?

[you know, if you're going to put together some new 'cat spaces' for them, then, once you have a few made, you could start your own new thread in that forum just for that! shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!]

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My ex brought tigger into our home after we lost momma brother and her mother cat had kittens. He developed mega colan and colitis he was to much work so he became mine my ex didn't want him anymore. He is my love bug. Zoey mother was my son's friend cat when she went off to college her mother said she would put zoey in a shelter and asked me and my ex to take her. So zoey momma and tigger have been together for a long time. They are all with me now.