stray cat now won't leave me alone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i gotta vacuum my place, some of the cat's fleas that i was flushing out, survived and saw one on my bed.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vacuum all the cracks and crevices. The vacuuming itself will kill the fleas, although you can out a flea collar in the vacuum bag, if you have one.

Vacuum every day for a few days to get them all. Good luck!

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeah, that's what i did.... she  is with the rescue group getting cleaned up, she got a vet appointment tomorrow and her adopter will take over i think tomorrow or monday, idk. they are suppose to send me a photo of her once she's cleaned up and settled.

i only saw one flea, i think it was leftover fleas in her body when she was drying on the floor. the little f'er was jumping, lol.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It always seemed so unfair when I'd see fleas after rescuing a cat. I hate them! But keep vacuuming for a couple of days to make sure you get all the little blood suckers!

keyes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If her new momma sends you a picture please post it.  I would love to see her.

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i was promised a photo, so once i get one i'll share.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray for rescuing that beautiful cat!!! Next time, you can make a little nest in a cardboard box outside, for a stray cat to use as a shelter. Also, salt water is very effective against fleas and more gentle to the kitty's private area than alcohol is.  I hope that your home is rid of fleas as you deserve nothing but blessings for caring for the cat.  You did so much more than most people - got permission from the landlord, called around till you found a rescue group, de-flea'd her, etc....

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i didn't full de-flea her, but got riasd of enough so she can be a bit more comfie.

actually, she was sleeping underneath the entrance stairs of my place. there's a hole where she slept and stay dry when it rain. i forgot that she use to hide there everytime she saw me during the time she use to run away from me, until last month. she also used a broken window, which was fixed, so she continued to use that hole. it was a pain, i had to lift up cement block, so i can throw little rock pebbles at her, so she can go eat, whenever i came back late from my business errands. Unless it was raining, she won't come out.

she stopped running from me when i  made sirloin steak and for whatever reason i got out of the mood of eating the steak, so i saved it for later. then i walked out the door and she just began meowing real bad, she never did that before, i typically ignored her. but her crazy meows was like, she's starving, cause it was a loud meow and it was repeated constantly. so i gave her my 16 oz sirloin steaks, after that that's when she began stalking me, lol.

now, she's at a safe place. so it all began with sirloin steak that i  made and was like, don't feel like steak, i want chicken. lol.

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
UPDATE:

my buddy got a name, they gave her the name of Charlotte. 

This is her adoption advertisement:

Thank you for your interest in one of our rescues.

Charlotte was found when she was thrown out by her previous owners. One day before a thunderstorm she was taken inside by a kind person, who then contacted GSR for help because he was moving, and couldn't keep her. Charlotte was taken to the vet right away, and found to be previously spayed. Her shots however were updated, and she was treated for fleas and worms.

In her foster home, Charlotte has blossomed. She is very outgoing, and loves to sleep in the rays of sunlight that stream through the window. She can tolerate the other cats in her foster home, but would really prefer to be the queen of her own castle! If you would like to give Charlotte a family to call her own, please visit www.greenstreetrescue.org and email [email protected] to set up a meet and greet.

Please email Kathy Jordan at: [email protected] for an adoption application We will make an appointment for you at the foster home to meet the furry ones you are interested in.

Please click here to fill out an application: http://greenstreetrescue.org/user/AdoptionApplication

here are her updated pics. 

looks like indoor life is working out for her. that's that look she had when she spent the night with me. 

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i posted a few pictures of her before she was rescued, guess you didn't see them. yeah she's a cutie. i do miss her not running towards me whenever i come out of my place, gives me something to do when i'm at home, just relaxing. but she was suffering, all those damn fleas, probably worms, and fights with other cats. allergies, no pets rule, and me getting ready for a movie prevented me from taking her in and fostering her while i found her a place.

at least she's safe and is in good hands.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

i posted a few pictures of her before she was rescued, guess you didn't see them. yeah she's a cutie. i do miss her not running towards me whenever i come out of my place, gives me something to do when i'm at home, just relaxing. but she was suffering, all those damn fleas, probably worms, and fights with other cats. allergies, no pets rule, and me getting ready for a movie prevented me from taking her in and fostering her while i found her a place.

at least she's safe and is in good hands.
Are you an actor, Jon?

jon acosto

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
nope, not an actor. i have an online business. i'm just moving to another part of philly.