Stray Cat Just Had Kittens!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
G greenergirl and those in your care, welcome to TCS! Other posters have already offered excellent suggestions and THANK YOU for intending to bring them in! I can't really add much to what others have posted, as we can't know what will happen but if babies are comfortably installed in a nest in the crate, mom will surely follow them! Here is some info you may be interested in:
Pet Care Information
Home

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ritz ritz Having babies that young gives you a fantastic opportunity to take Mom from being feral to trusting you. I really miss having little ones like that. As you can, handle those babies around Mom. When she sees that the babies start responding well to you as they get older, especially when they start to come to you for food and play, then you can begin working on touching Mom too. I’ve often had babies convince their Mom to trust me. Just be aware that once the babies are gone, it gets a little harder to work on Mom. She’ll know you took the babies. I always preferred to hold on to Mom’s “baby” a little longer. The one Mom tends to spend most time with can help you get her through being spayed and the recovery period. It’s best if the kitten is eating solid food by then and weaned. I wish you would start a thread. I’d love to follow your rescue too!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently the mother cat has moved to babies to a harder place to trap but one that is relatively safe. These cats are being monitored carefully and if the situation changes they will let me know. This is a managed cat colony From.what I understand it is best and less stressful to leave the mother cat and her kittens where they are if they are safe. Once weaned the mother cat will be spayed and the kittens fostered and spayed neutered. Will start a new thread of appropriate

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently the mother cat has moved to babies to a harder place to trap but one that is relatively safe. These cats are being monitored carefully and if the situation changes they will let me know. This is a managed cat colony From.what I understand it is best and less stressful to leave the mother cat and her kittens where they are if they are safe. Once weaned the mother cat will be spayed and the kittens fostered and spayed neutered. Will start a new thread of appropriate
You got the right info, ritz ritz . Good on ya. Keep us updated, TYSM!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: I trapped mama & got her fixed. Turns out there were 5 kittens! I trapped them all, and have families lined up... They have made amazing progress over the past week inside and will make wonderful pets!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update: I trapped mama & got her fixed. Turns out there were 5 kittens! I trapped them all, and have families lined up... They have made amazing progress over the past week inside and will make wonderful pets!
Huge props to you G greenergirl ! You are a HEROINE! Thank you for putting your caring into action on behalf of these most unconditionally loyal and loving, sweet and beautiful beings. :goldstar::thanks::wow: