Stray cat gone missing...

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have been caring for a stray for about 2 years already. He always show up on our office door every morning without fail (OK, maybe 1 or 2 days MIA) but he will definitely be back.. Now it has been a week since we last seen him...I'm afraid he has met in an accident..... How do i find him back?... :( We will be moving in weeks time and i hope i can find him back and get somebody to adopt him... He's not neutered (yes i know he should've been)...where should i even start? We are in an industrial estate...there's many cats here but not him.... :( :( :( So many warehouses here and it limits my movement...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's spring. If he is unneutered and there are other cats in the area he has probably gone off to look for a mate. Cat mating is usually very noisy. The tom cats have huge screaming, yowling fights over the females, the females make a lot of noise to attract the males. Your best bet would be to walk around at sunrise, when cats are at their most active, and listen out for them.

Are there any TNR groups in your area? Could you talk to your boss or other warehouse owners/workers about getting the cats fixed? It really would be in everyone's best interests to have the colony all spayed and neutered.

Everything You Need To Know About Tnr (trap-neuter-release) – TheCatSite Articles

9 Practical Ways For You To Help Feral Cats – TheCatSite Articles