Stray cat attracted to my indoor cat

Carolyncat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have indoor cat w an outside cage he can go. Male stray comes and rubs and plays with him. Stray comes in our house to eat. I can get very close to him with food - like one foot. If I trap, fix and put in a small room, I’m pretty sure I can tame him. He’s about a year old. Once he’s been to vet, can I let him play with indoor cat?? They seem to be friends. I think he’s a lonely boy looking for love

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, you can. How close does he get to your cat now? I am not sure from your post if they have actual physical contact, are eating out of the same dishes, etc. Your idea of domesticating him is very good so try to get him to the vet as soon as you can to make sure he is healthy. If he is not fixed, male or female, that should be done as well in the near future. Let him have a small room with everything that he needs to be comfortable, visit him and let him see that he is safe with you, and proceed from there. You are not indicating that he has any outward signs of illness, but it is best if he does not have any physical contact with your cat until you get him checked out.