Strange wedding cakes

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Following on from the gargoyles thread, swampwitch said she had gargoyles on her wedding cake and I wondered how many other people had strange things on thier cakes.
Here is mine, we had Mr Grumpy and Little Miss Sunshine on ours, and it was a chocolate cake, filled with fresh cream and soft chocolate iceing yummmmm,

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours was a birthday cake really
small wedding. It was vanilla frosting with yellow cake and strawberrys 3 layered. Wedding theme was halloween and held at our house we had bought days before wedding

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our wedding cake was definitely unique. It had two tiers, with layers of cupcakes, with black, orange, and purple for decorations (our colors were purple and orange) And the best part - our Nightmare Before Christmas cake topper!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yours make mine look boring
, mine was just traditional but my hubby made it, I can boast about that
x

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Our wedding cake was definitely unique. It had two tiers, with layers of cupcakes, with black, orange, and purple for decorations (our colors were purple and orange) And the best part - our Nightmare Before Christmas cake topper!
A very unique cake. Do you ever watch those cake shows, wow the cakes they make for weddings are really out there and so beautiful.

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My son & DIL had Hans Solo and Princess Leah as a cake topper. Yep, he's a Star Wars nut!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a traditional one. It was made by a friend of the family who was a baker and it was his wedding gift to us.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284
OMG I
your cake!!!

Ours was pretty unique. Earl is a HUGE Looney Tunes fan. Even more then Star Wars, and that's saying something right there! We used to (sob) have a Warner Bros. store here in Denver, and when we saw it we knew it had to be our cake topper.

The cake is pretty normal otherwise. White cake, blue details (our colors were blue and silver for a winter wedding). The topper was definitely what showed it was US!

Here's the topper up close:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Love your cake Amy!

It's not a good pciture, but we had Snoopy and Belle on the top of our cake:

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

Well, yours make mine look boring
, mine was just traditional but my hubby made it, I can boast about that
x
I must admit that I prefer the nontraditional cakes (and their very unique toppers), but Ruthyb, your husband's skills are pretty impressive!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just watched Cake Boss and the husband and wife were both hunters and they had deer tracks across their cake. lol Wonder who was hunting whom? Hope it wasn't a shotgun wedding.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have to find a picture, but ours was a cake that had a road winding down it (I said "does this mean it's all down hill from here?
) with the Road of Life written on it. It had a Camaro with a veil (since I had a Camaro when we met) and a Monte Carlo SS with a top hat (since hubby had a MCSS when we met) It also had mini oreos decorating the layers. Hubby's grandma made it for us

PS: We both still have those cars - real life and the miniatures

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Love your cake Amy!

It's not a good pciture, but we had Snoopy and Belle on the top of our cake:
I would not have pegged you for the snoopy cake topper type! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, not at all, but never would I have thought that would have been your cake topper!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great cakes and toppers everyone! I don't have scanned photos of ours, but we didn't have toppers. We had three seperate ice cream cakes from Dairy Queen as our wedding cake.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cake was fairly normal. Our topper was just flowers. My cousin made it as her wedding gift to us. I loved the cake, except I didn't like the ribbon she had in between the tiers. I didn't ask for that when I asked her to make the cake.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Love that Halloween cake! That is beautiful with all the cupcakes! And the topper!

Neat cakes all around.