Strange scab on cat

Arielle.lapreay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help, my cat has had a strange scab on him that keeps growing and hair is falling off. No bets around me have any openings so I’ve just been putting iodine and honey on it. Is there anything else I can do? It’s getting worse. He doesn’t scratch it but sometimes he licks it. The scab comes out of the skin almost like you could pull it out but that seems like a very bad idea
image.jpg

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you send a picture to a vet? Does it seem to bother him at all if you touch near it. It looks nasty and I don't like the look of that hair loss around it but I couldn't hazard a guess about what it is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Arielle.lapreay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you send a picture to a vet? Does it seem to bother him at all if you touch near it. It looks nasty and I don't like the look of that hair loss around it but I couldn't hazard a guess about what it is.
I’ll have to reach out to the vet. The cat doesn’t like when you touch it. Also when it first appeared, he would limp and couldn’t jump as high but now it doesn’t seem to bother him unless you touch near it

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks nasty. I'm not sure what it is, but it definitely needs veterinary attention. It's hard to tell for sure, but it might be infected. It might be an access that burst and scabbed over. I'm sure its sore too, poor boy.

My fallback for wound care is bathing with saline/salted water, but please get him seen by a vet. As there aren't any openings for regular appointments, I might even consider an emergency vet. Its certainly not something I'd be comfortable treating at home.