Strange litter clumping

Bradmister234

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all!

My cats name is Sébastien, he is a tabby. A kind and gentle kitty. A few months ago he became sick, not eating, fading quickly, and was diagnosed with acute kidney failure.
The vet said he would pass away with in a few days. We decided to spoil him with wet food, and it made him perk up. He is still alive to this day and happier than ever.

One thing that hasn't got any better is his urine. There is no bad smell, but it makes the litter "goopy"... He doesn't whine when urinating and it is not irregular.

The only real problem comes when I try to clean his litter and it just smears. It never dries or clumps.

Any help???

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you had his urine tested lately? Since he did have AKF and you were told he wouldn't make it, perhaps it's related. Not sure how he was treated, whether he got a clean bill of health, etc.

BUT, per this thread, Urine Not Clumping, it could actually be related to stress! Has anything changed in your household lately?

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with pipperoo pipperoo . If his urine is sticky and hard to clean out of the box, Sébastien may have high blood sugar and be diabetic. Can you get him checked out with the vet?