Strange kitty habits

kittykratz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What is it about sitting on the toilet that makes a cat want to sit on you? My little Meathead does the same thing. He just makes himself right at home and takes a nap on my lap!

ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well my cat nibbles on my legs when I am using the restroom like she is telling me to hurry! She also goes on rampages thru the house running from one side to the next! It is so funny because if she sees some one coming she slams on her brakes and slides to a stop to turn around and go the other way! She is very pregnant right now! Even watching her groom is funny because she is so big! Oh she also loves shoes! She will bite the laces and take off running with them hitting everything in the way! So I hear a thud thud all down the hall! I also have some clothes that tie up or have strings so when I am doing laundry she will grab them and take off thru the house with it!

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think some of these stories are just so cute. the funniest think I have ever seen is one of my cats was watching a fly on the fly screen, he knew that the fly screen was closed and that the balcony door was open. He was sitting right in front of it. he got bored of the fly because I think he gathered that he was not going to catch they fly that way and the fly also knew that he was safe.

Well Jake thought of a better way to catch the fly. He backed up to the front of the living room and made a mad dash to the fly screen and *BANG* ran straight into it and his head went right the way through......after I had managed to cut the fly screen and extract his head and checked that he was not hurt I rolled all over the place howling with laughter.....I think it was the funniest thing I have seen.

He is not the smartest cat or maybe it is just curisoty (sp?) that gets the better of him. He fell in the bath while I was in it because he wanted to play with the bubbles and lost his footing.

I am sure that there are plenty more antics he has gotten himself into but I cannot think of any more at the moment.

G

ghostuser

I just love reading these stories!!
Besides being fascinated with water Nomar has a thing for pens. He will take them and bring them into the bathroom where he plays with them. He swats the pens around then leaves them near vent. One day I went to find a pen and lo and behold he had about four of them stashed there. Nomar has intriqued me with his adventures since he was young. My all time favorite is a story I shared in other forum. When he was young he got into everything!
Plants,nick nacks and broke my lamps. I was so frustrated that I picked him up and told him please stop breaking mommies things..He looked at me and stuck his tongue out...I knew then this was going to be an unusual journey for me, but I wouldn't trade one moment of it...

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have just remembered what Bagpuss does. She hides her toys in the washing machine for me to find. She is also totally awed with cardboard boxes and plastic bags she MUST get inside them and sleep!

ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitty kitty is also facinated with boxes! She sleep in them for a few days then destroyes them so I will get her another like it is dirty or something! oh and if there is a hair in her water bowl she smacks at the water with her paw then shakes it off! She is so good at making a mess!

blinc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*ROFL*

Amanda's cat... aaagh! Head through the screen... that is absolutely one of the funniest things I've ever read!
My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard!!

amanda

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It was also onew of the funniest things I haver also seen but as it happened I was in total shock - I was suprised he even contemplated this idea he is normally a very smart cat. He may have thought the longer the run up the harder he'll hit it and maybe he will go all the way through LOL

twocats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
RedHeadHon,
They may just be related, My Mony has this problem with 2 pens I have. They are Christmas Musical pens. When I was sitting in the floor with them one day and doing some writting, I accidently activated the musio. The pitch must have really bothered her because when I took the cap off to bury under a pillow until it stopped, she attacked it - smacked it clear across two rooms and each room is about 15 feet long. Since then, I make sure the pens are no longer where it can bother her.

This is great with everyone telling about the habits of their cats. It does bring a smile and makes me realize mine are as normal as anyone eles's. Just like humans - each is a little different. Have to go - they are looking at my screaching alarm clock and ready to pounce.

alloweyo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty likes to put shoes on her head and run around the house. She also will dart from room to room and then meow at me to get me to run with her. She rolls over and over on the ground across the room, and sometimes she will stare at you for a while, stick her tongue out of her mouth, and then meow a few times. My kitty is a weirdo

G

ghostuser

ALLoWeyo, after the tough day at work I had, reading your story about your cat and shoes made me laugh !!! How cute that must look. My kitty Nomar lately has this surge of energy when I return home from work. He runs through the house and yesterday he came running out of bedroom so fast that he bonked his head on the bar stool in kitchen area. Then he kept on going...
One time he was running the same time I was getting out of bed and he ran into my leg. He was fine but I had a lump and black and blue...He is like the Energize Bunny. He keeps going and going...happy to say he escapes with no injuries...

twocats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know I've shared tales of my cats earlier today, but I was just reading ALLoWeyo and RedheadHon. I remember one of the first days I had my two cats (they were just turning 10 & 5 when I got them). Oreo,5, was running around the house chasing Mony and ran into the wall, he didn't make the turn. Don't you know he did the same exact thing not 5 minutes later. Thank the stars, he's over that now.

Mony has a habit that will make you laugh. After she uses her litter box, she gets the "rips" meaning running through the house as fast as she can or she will get a running jump at my dining room table and try to take everything off it as she about falls off the opposite end. I was scared the first time I saw her do this, but she seems to enjoy it, I just watch to make sure I can catch her if she doesn't get stoppped in time. Only a week ago, we were having a little gathering at my house after work, so I rushed home to set things up. I changed the dining room tablecloth and the table was empty. My friend was sitting in a chair in front of the window holding Mony when Mony decided to jump on the table from across the room. It was her lucky day - my sister was standing on the other side and caught her as she went flying off.

Sorry its so long.

G

ghostuser

TwoCats I needed to laugh thanks for sharing...When Nomar does his running if he runs into something and I go to check him he thinks I'm chasing him and runs faster. I decided to wait until he stops then see if he got hurt.. He has a habit of jumping from the couch onto the coffee table and ends up clearing off table and sliding off. When Nomar is on the couch if I am wearing a scrunchy in my hair he will take it out and run with it. I don't know what it is about them that fascinates him... When I told my cousin what he did she didn't believe me until she came over and he took her scrunchy out..It puzzles me about the things cats do for enjoyment??

twocats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just inputting again. Does anyone have a cat that has a really fluffy tail and tries to sit on your chest and wrap the tail around your face (especially when you are napping)?

Or how about one that will snuggle into your hair? I have mid-back length hair and Mony loves to snuggle with it if I have it down.

Sorry RedheadHon, neither one have tried to take my scrunchies yet out of my hair. However, if they are laying down where the cats can get to them they are "fair game" I make a hard effort every morning not to leave things like that down for fear that they may try to eat it and injure themselves.

Have you ever heard Jeff Foxworthy's routine on cats and what they eat and then what happens? LOL

G

ghostuser

Hi TwoCats, No I haven't heard Jeff Foxworthy routine on cats. I'm sure its funny. As for my scrunchys, I get them away from Nomar otherwise he hides them. They are made out of thick material so I don't know if he would be able to chew them, but to be safe I always retrieve my belongings from him. He has a spot where he hides things..I often wonder why cats find certain areas of the house to "hide" things??...it's no secret to us but I guess they think so !!...

ash

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My hair is fairly short. It comes to right above my shoulders! Kitty kitty gets on my shoulders when I am sitting and will chew on it! Sometimes pulling frantically! At this rate it will never grow out!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ash and Redheadhon; I am old and grey(almost all white) and my cats love to nestle in my hair. Maybe it is the smell of the shampoo or conditioner or such, or maybe they relate to it because they are covered with hair and wonder why we are not.

Whatever it is, I love the attention. Single old women will take a snuggle wherever they can find it. . . . .

alexnell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my former foster cats, Tubbs, was obsessed with my printer. He'd sit in front of it watching the paper come out. If I was on the computer but wasn't printing anything, he'd stick his paws in to see if he could get it to work. Sometimes I had to reprint my projects because he'd pounce on the paper as it came out and get it all scrunched up. I really miss that guy.

reidrn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, I have to post my cats' strange behavior, too. My cats seem so normal after reading these stories. Maddie will only drink out of a glass or a teacup. She'll sometimes drink from the tap, too. Max jumps in the tub everyday before I turn the shower on. Both of them sit and watch me while I shower. While I'm at work, they steal my sweaters from the closet and make them into nests. Occasionally I catch them dragging the sweaters. I don't know how they carry something so heavy.. it's hilarious! Maddie attacks the paper as it comes out of the printer. She also licks my feet dry after I get out of the shower. I think she likes the clean taste. Here's the kicker. When I'm bent over brushing my teeth, Max sits on the toilet and bites my rear end... HARD!

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TwoKats: I have a kat who is developmentaly challenged named Bookey, but she is so-o-o-o-o lovable. She is the product of incest, but that is not her fault. It is mine because I did not know that males as young as 6 months "can do The Deed" so to speak. . . . . She is short haired everywhere but her tail which is bushy long haired so we nicknamed her "Squirrel Girl". Your story about your bushy- tailed cat reminded me of her. She is obsessed with water and will get in the tub while it is filling and keep backing up until she has no place to go and finally gets wet before she jumps out. She then runs into the wood-floored hallway and waltzes in circles and her wet tail leaves marks on the dry floor like it was a paint brush. I have always wondered if I could get her to do the same thing on canvas with paint on her tail. Maybe she would make me a fortune!