Strange habits your kitties do?

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Bubba likes to hide certain toys downstairs and Little Man likes to flush the toilets.
  Was just curious...do your kitties have any strange habits?

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I asked in the Behavior section what weird and silly habits other kitties have a while back, but here are reminders of what my cats did:

Emily: She dipped her paw (right as a kitten, left as an adult) in the water and licked it off. She also tipped a trash can over to dig out a rubber band. Its final destination usually was the food bowl.

Patricia: She gets out, turns around, and gets back in the box to bury urine. Every time she poops, she stands with all four paws on the corner edge. I have never seen any other cat do that.

Wilbur: He sat at the basement door waiting for me to open it but when I did he just looked down at the stairs for a few seconds. In litterboxes, he wiped his paw on the wall, but did not always bury his poop.

I think being ornery is a genetic trait in domestic cats because every cat does something silly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  • Sub- Yes I think they like to watch it too....but do you have to keep the lid down? I know we have to close it because if not there is water EVERYWHERE!  

• AJ: Bubba likes to open the cabinets and get into them. He is teaching Snickerdoodle to do the same. lol But yes...would love to see video!
  • Emily: I didn't know you already posted that question...sorry. But anyways, I think cats are just amusing. They all have their little quirks but some are just weird. 

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily: I didn't know you already posted that question...sorry. But anyways, I think cats are just amusing. They all have their little quirks but some are just weird.

I posted it before you joined TCS.

Even when they sleep cats are amusing. Patricia is a master at getting all the way under the covers and turning around so she sleeps the same way I do - with her head on the pillow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

8furballs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmilyMayWilcha  

Even when they sleep cats are amusing. Patricia is a master at getting all the way under the covers and turning around so she sleeps the same way I do - with her head on the pillow.
Aw that is TOO cute!! 

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think I asked in the Behavior section what weird and silly habits other kitties have a while back, but here are reminders of what my cats did:

Emily: She dipped her paw (right as a kitten, left as an adult) in the water and licked it off. She also tipped a trash can over to dig out a rubber band. Its final destination usually was the food bowl.

Patricia: She gets out, turns around, and gets back in the box to bury urine. Every time she poops, she stands with all four paws on the corner edge. I have never seen any other cat do that.

Wilbur: He sat at the basement door waiting for me to open it but when I did he just looked down at the stairs for a few seconds. In litterboxes, he wiped his paw on the wall, but did not always bury his poop.

I think being ornery is a genetic trait in domestic cats because every cat does something silly.
  Our Nicolai does that, too (wipe the sides of the box), as did Deli. Nicky (Nicolai) also perches when he pees, but not when he poops. My wife has long, thick red hair, so when she brushes it, she gets lots of hair in her brush that she throws in the toilet, so she told me this morning that Nina (Ninotchka) tries to fish the clumps of hair out of the toilet.

Last edited:

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya is also a "box percher" when she does her business.

She also likes to pop open doors. We live in an old farmhouse and not all the interior doors latch securely. So she's learned to roll over on her back and bat at the bottome of the door till it pops open, then she can explore inside. I've caught her peeking out from my doll closet serveral times.

emilymaywilcha

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Subvet, I was talking about the house wall.

Do you have any idea why our cats perch on litterboxes for one thing and not the other? I never understood that.

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Subvet, I was talking about the house wall.

Do you have any idea why our cats perch on litterboxes for one thing and not the other? I never understood that.
  I'm sure Nicky would wipe the wall, too if not for the box cover. Maybe they perch to avoid splashing urine.