Strange food you've eaten or been offered . . .

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's a weird sea creature of some sort. This blogger refers to the texture as being like a pig's ear. Well, I'm not going to eat a pig's ear either, thanks, lol. Although I've seen them at the store so I know people eat them.
Sea Cucumber Sushi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is sort of odd

These are backbones from Chilean Sea Bass after the main (expensive!) files have been removed leaving a bit of meat on the bones, which are sold for cheap.

Sprinkle with home made or already made seasoned salt and broil in the broiler thingie in the lower part of your stove until nice and brown.

Salivating all over the keyboard typing this.

A2D1BD00-9EE5-4BD1-9A1D-667C762B25A6.jpeg

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they actually serve real oysters with the "Rocky Mountain oysters"? Lol, that's kinda funny.

One restaurant around here serves Rocky Mountain oysters but I've never tried them and don't think I'm gonna start.
I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters once here (Denver area) just to try. They weren't that bad, but never again. Only served by themselves, not with real oysters.

In Peru on a trip I had guinea pig. I shared an order with another person on the trip- it is tasty but...the thought of the little critter that is so cute. Never again on that one either.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I post on two Foodi Grill forums on FB. Well, this one guy did octopus in his FG. And it actually looked like a grilled octopus.
Nope, nope, nope! I am so NOT going there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I post on two Foodi Grill forums on FB. Well, this one guy did octopus in his FG. And it actually looked like a grilled octopus.
Nope, nope, nope! I am so NOT going there!
Try it anyway. If you like calimari, which is squid, it’s pretty much the same thing. Cooked properly it’s nice and tender and goes with so many things.

That said, tastes do vary, and I too once felt as you do.