Strange dark spot

Bearswoman72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my kitty about three weeks ago, and I noticed a dark spot over her eye. Looking at her past medical records provided by the Humain Society, there is no record of her having it before, and I only noticed it about a week ago. Recently the hair around that spot looks thinner too. I have a vet appointment, but it’s a few weeks out. Any idea what it might be?

Attachments

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she seem to be itchy in this area?
There are a few possibilities……. Could be allergy to something in environment……. Maia has had allergies all her life especially to pollens. When I open windows, she gets very similar patches, scabby areas, ears, above eyes, chin, and sometimes down on neck area….. I have to put entederm ointment on as soon as they appear. Maia is also a tabby!
I hope she is ok……

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This is scaby and on the skin? It appears to be that way in the pic, but I was not sure. My first guess would also be allergies, which can be to a lot of things, so keep your eye on her to see if you notice any triggers since you have not had her for very long. If you see any changes in the spot in the next few weeks before the vet appointment you might try to move it up...it is getting larger, bleeding, etc.