Strange Coat?

MarTaurus80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me identify my little Elisa’s breed? I rescued her 1 month ago.
She has a distinctive marble markings, but quite a mix of colours and her coat is not symmetrical. I’ve added more pictures below :)

Thanks

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s gorgeous! I would describe her as a torbie (a tortoishell tabby) Domestic Shorthair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MarTaurus80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for responding. I’ve been researching online and noticed that she does have the circle marble marking on her side, which is linked to Sokoke breed. Is that common in tabby’s also?

MarTaurus80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s now only 3 months old. She was very neglected before, she was literally skin and bone (underweight) when I got her (£20 off gumtree ). I couldn’t believe the state she was in.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her tabby variation is classic tabby called also marbled tabby.

Sokoke is just one of many examples so nay she istn mo sokoke.

However her richly deep saturated coloration hints perhaps some extra background than "just" a long string of domestics.

My guess is she may have a bengal among ancestors.

Its not easy to have a fertile bengal as your inside only home cat. So many bybs will prob relive the situation by letting them out. Or taking a domestic female to train on.
That is why we see so many cats with an bengal as grandfather or even natural father.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ps yes no doubt she must have bengal ancestry. Perhaps even so near as father.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Technically of course domestic shorthair, black and silver marbled tabby + tortie
Ie marbled black and silver torbie.

Pretty!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not seeing Bengal influence in her... She looks like she has a normal classic pattern on both sides, even though the torbie obscures the pattern somewhat. Domestic shorthairs can have very intense coloring without having purebred ancestors. She is very pretty!

MarTaurus80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lutece thank you. I do think she has some Bengal influence as her pattern is very similar to many I’ve seen. Maybe it will when she is older and I get a more detailed picture in a few months.

She does have very prominent knuckles, which is a trait. Either way I adore her. She is so talkative. I’ve had cats all of my life and she is the noiseiest one I’ve ever known