Strange behavior in two year old cat

hannahe01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all. I’ve noticed some off behavior from my cat over the last three days. He’s eating but definitely less than normal. I moved his food from its usual spot into our closet next to his carrier that he likes to sleep in and he did eat when I moved it, but he’s still eating a bit less than normal. He’s also acting like he’s on guard and spooked about something in the house. We’re in a third floor condo and he does bird watch but there are no animals outside that I know of. The only thing I can think of is that yesterday morning we had guys doing work on the breezeway right outside our apartment door. It was pretty loud and he did hide all morning because of it. Before that, he was acting totally normal. I’m wondering if maybe that spooked him and he’s still not over it. Doesn’t explain the lack of appetite as that was happening for a day before the construction was going on. He did play this morning for a good 25-30 minutes with me. Pretty intensely at that (after barely playing at all yesterday.)

not sure what to make of this. I don’t want to take him to the vet if I don’t need to, because that’s expensive. He is eating but only just a little. He’s also peeing and has definitely pooped a couple of times so I know he must begearing. It just doesn’t seem like he’s his normal self!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahe01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Eating**

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I wonder if his reduction in eating is related to you moving his food to another location that is not 'normal' to him. I you can, move it back and see if that makes a difference.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahe01

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I wonder if his reduction in eating is related to you moving his food to another location that is not 'normal' to him. I you can, move it back and see if that makes a difference.
I moved it after he stopped eating as much actually. Once I moved it he ate a bit! But he’s still not eating like normal. I have since moved it back.