Stormy

DizzyLizzy2187

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't really know where else to turn. A little over a week ago I had to make the decision to euthanize my little buddy Stormy, and I just can't seem to accept it. Stormy was a beautiful little lady who was basically my sidekick, it was rare that she wasn't by my side, if she wasn't, I could usually call her and she would come barreling out of whatever woodwork she was hiding in. I had adopted her not even 2 years ago and found out upon adopting her she had a heart murmur. I didn't really know the extent of it until the now former vet sent her into fluid overload and she ended up in a cardiologist's care where they did an echo. She had some issues and we knew they were progressive, but it didn't seem like it was terrible.This past winter she went for a recheck and things had progressed so they put her on anti-clotting medications because she was at high risk for clots. It worried me but her vet seemed confident she would be okay. About a month ago I happened to have a remote work today and noticed she suddenly could not use her back legs. I rushed her to the ER vet and they confirmed my worst fear, that she had a clot. They didn't directly say it, but they kept implying that I should put her down. I didn't, I wanted to get her to her cardiologist. The good news was that she didn't have any clots sitting there, the bad news is that her heart condition had managed to worsen in a short 2 months, but the cardiologist wanted to see if we could get her walking again. Luckily we did and Stormy was back to her old self in a matter of a week or so. About 2 weeks ago she went for one of her treatments and they opted to stop them because she had made such great progress. But of course that night she threw another clot. I knew deep down I was losing her. She managed a few days but she just kept getting worse and worse. By Monday they think she was having micro clots because her front legs were being affected as well.
I can't believe she's gone, my brain won't accept it. I just keep thinking,"I have to keep my phone by me, the vet will call me soon and it will be time to pick Stormy up." I keep waiting for her to come running through the bedroom door meowing at me or expect to see her sitting in her bed. It hurt so much. We've lost so much over the past 5 years; Stormy is the 6th pet we'll lay to rest and they have all been so hard, but this one has been the hardest. It hurts so much. All the others I could take comfort in thinking, "They lived a good life, they lived a full life." Stormy was 6, she was a baby. I didnt even get her for 2 years. We were robbed of so much time and it feels so unfair.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: Condolences on your soul-kitty's departure. I had to put my little sidekick Lance down on May 3rd. You did a beautiful job with Stormy's tribute. She definitely was given extra care and many options. I am so sorry that it didn't pan out as was hoped - such a bitter outcome. I am glad that Stormy had 2 years with you - 2 magnificent years of being your heart's treasure, basking in your love. Godspeed and tailwinds west, Dear Stormy

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss. Please find comfort in the thought that you had given her the best life she could possibly have in her short life. She carries those happy times till eternity.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It isn't fair. When a loved one leaves that we shared our heart with it is always a blow that brings you to your knees. We always have such visions of the future that definitely do not include them not being there, our heart just will not accept that they are no longer a part of our life.
You have a strong bond with that little girl's soul. Though she is no longer beside you, sharing your life's journey, she will forever be following a path that parallels your own. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Death cannot take that which never dies.
We are here for you. Only those who know the pain of a broken heart can empathize what you are going through. Though the journey you are now undertaking is a personal one, only you loved that little girl as much as you do, we are here to tell you you are NOT alone. We will share your burden. You WILL survive. I know it doesn't seem possible right now, the day will come when you will remember her with gratitude for sharing what time she did, good memories will replace the bad. Though you never get over this pain, you learn to live despite of it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both, God bless you for loving her so much and making her life a wonderful story of love.. RIP dear Stormy. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry. Poor little girl. It's very hard to accept when they're young and you haven't had nearly enough time with them. You're right, it isn't fair at all. 😢

My heart goes out to you and your family, especially with all the losses you've gone through these past years. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Rest in peace, sweet Stormy. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry that this happened, very sad indeed. Sometimes these things just happen, just like people no animal is guaranteed that they will live a full life, but it is so sad when they are under our care and we do all that we can for them yet still lose them, for some reason it is meant to be that way but it leaves us devastated.

You will meet again someday and it will be wonderful, not sad like it is now.

Look up Ignatia Amara, it is a homeopathic remedy for grief, stress, trauma and it has no side effects.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, you did all that you could, she is fine now, just fine. I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: