Storage bins/containers

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
One of mine is falling apart and I cannot find one even close 27 inch long 18 inch high. Where did you get yours.I prefer storage containers or bins for my adult cats,not litter boxes

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use clear plastic storage boxes for litter and can usually get them from Amazon, they have all sizes.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually get mine at a "big box" hardware store, like Home Depot, Lowe's or Menard's. Seems the ones I got as deep as yours have two hinged, interlocking lids that remain attached to the storage box, like merchandise containers. Is that what you're looking for?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Try The Container Store.
Container store and home depo do not have the size I need. I have never heard of Menard. I don't know if Lowes does either but that's one store I haven't been in. Mine I still have has a flat bottom and smooth sides. Makes scooping very easy. Amazon is a good idea

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately my cat pees standing up. Finding one high enough and at least 24 length is hard. Nonexestant. I work at target so I will there again

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
So, 9 inches isn't high enough? The one I shared with you above is 9 inches high.
Small cat that pees high. I admit I don't think she hits the 18 inch mark any more. Probably 15. I can't find my ruler! The one you sent does look nice but she is making it difficult. So ya,probably not high enough

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Could you insert a tall piece of plexiglass or something washable into a shorter container to deal with any high pees? It'll need to be removed and cleaned daily or so but shouldn't be too much of a problem.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You may have to resort to a 'box inside a box' - depending on how your cat pees once she gets in the box. If she is like Feeby, she steps in and pees - no turning around, just pees. So, the box inside of another box means that the outside box, devoid of litter, has an opening on the long side, but then leads to another box inside (where the litter is) that has the opening on the 'short' side (width) that she has to enter. This isn't going to stop extra clean up because she can still pee outside the opening of the 'inside' box that then lands on the floor of the 'outer' box., but... laying down washable towels/pee pads could make it easier to clean the outside box.

If I can find one of the previous posts that might explain it better, I will post here.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just make sure you use something to smooth those edges, so she doesn't get scraped up by them. I have heard of those who use duct tape to cover the cut edges.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I used duck tape. The bigger one I have is sturdy but not made anymore