Stool texture

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is why my cats can’t eat canned food safely. We’ve tried many kinds, always very soft bordering diarrhea stools. You could try getting the applaws or other branded plain chicken topper and feed her usual dry food.

just wondering if the wet food is royal canin? My cats have the worst reactions to their food
The dry is fixed Royal Canin Indoor. The wet has a few brands; Fancy Feast, Cindy Recipe and Monge for years without problems. I tried Applaws. It’s quite good and they didn’t ignore it 🤣 Quite pricey but worth it. They have quite a variety.

Btw, I’m from South East Asia so those are the brands found here. Anything other than Tuna/Fish or Chicken is very hard to find and very expensive (like 3x more than what I eat a day!)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not yet had to use probiotics, but a lot of members on this site do. I have heard about Fortiflora and saccharomyces boulardii - both are types of yeast. The latter is the name of the yeast not a brand name. Both are powders.

crouton

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The dry is fixed Royal Canin Indoor. The wet has a few brands; Fancy Feast, Cindy Recipe and Monge for years without problems. I tried Applaws. It’s quite good and they didn’t ignore it 🤣 Quite pricey but worth it. They have quite a variety.

Btw, I’m from South East Asia so those are the brands found here. Anything other than Tuna/Fish or Chicken is very hard to find and very expensive (like 3x more than what I eat a day!)
My cats have a serious problem with the marigold found in RC foods, made for festive poops.
Two of my cats get diarrhea from Fortiflora too, one can’t handle that type of probiotic and the other has reactions to one of the other ingredients. If it’s available it can’t hurt to try.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stool texture has improved since Sunday and is pretty much back to normal until yesterday which made me feel really good about my cat recovering. I have gone back to feeding her the usual wet food again but I picked those without the gelling agents. After eating dinner she went to the litterbox and her stools were normal. About less than an hour after that she went again and this time it was back to softer stools.
I’m confused now. Food can’t be digested that fast. My cat has a habit of using the litterbox almost immediately after dinner. I know it isn’t the dry food because that remained even during the boiled chicken with pumpkin phase.

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted a cat and the woman who brought her to me was a big fan of raw goats milk for cats. Has lots of pro pre biotics in it... a bit hard to find. I did find a brand called “Answers” in a local pet store, frozen. Internet search for it and see what you think.

blumarine916

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted a cat and the woman who brought her to me was a big fan of raw goats milk for cats. Has lots of pro pre biotics in it... a bit hard to find. I did find a brand called “Answers” in a local pet store, frozen. Internet search for it and see what you think.
Do your cats take/like it? Mine are quite fussy to the point that they sometimes wont even eat treats. I once bought a packet of Greenies for their teeth and neither touch it. So I stopped buying treats of any kind.
Ok so stool texture is normal again for the past 2 days. Her haws are still up though.

Mrsty1203

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do your cats take/like it? Mine are quite fussy to the point that they sometimes wont even eat treats. I once bought a packet of Greenies for their teeth and neither touch it. So I stopped buying treats of any kind.
Ok so stool texture is normal again for the past 2 days. Her haws are still up though.
My cat did drink it a few times. But only having 1 cat it seemed to spoil before she would drink it all and it’s rather expensive to be throwing away. The woman suggested next time I put a little in her wet food. She said all her cats like it. I have had cats that like cat milk from the pet store. But the raw goat’s milk is supposed to be so good for them. As far as treats, I know. I’ve had a cat that didn’t care much for treats at all, until I found some soft ones for her she liked. Again, once I was down to one cat it’s harder, before when I had 4 there was always someone who ate whatever you bought....lol.

crouton

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There a brand that puts goats milk in the pate and wet food. Solid gold?