Stomping back feet?

jezahb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My little girl cat Lexi does a very unique behavior I have never seen on another cat and was wondering if anyone else has had a cat who did it. When she is REALLY happy to see me, or anytime she sees my boyfriend who she loves, she starts quivering her tail (this I have seen before) and stomps her back feet at the same time. It is like she is prancing but her front feet don't move, just her back feet. The entire time her ears are forward, whiskers forward and her gaze is locked on my face so I know it is a friendly behavior. It is adorable but very odd! She is an odd cat however, she is also the only cat I know of who never rubs her face on your hand if you offer it...ever. If you offer your hand she looks at you like "why are you sticking your hand in my face" and walks off, yet if you rub your hand along her cheek she likes it...she just doesn't initiate it. My boyfriend also believes she understand English, and I admit she is a dang smart cat! If it helps she is a purebred Abyssinian/Maine Coon mix (screw up at the breeders house...surprise!) so I am not sure if this is a behavior typical of either. 

This is the odd lady herself.

Last edited:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha! Our male domestic short hair cat does that too.  He also does that "prancing" movement.  Then he'll usually do a head bunt on my legs really hard.  He uses it a lot also when I'm in the kitchen and he wants me to give him treats lol.  It's his VERY happy dance